Jared Goff ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
… is looking more and more within reach without giving up additional picks to move up. Still too early to predict our overall record, but if we continue playing the way we have these last two weeks, no telling what's in store for us.

2016 Draft :

1) QB - Jared Goff, Cal
2a) CB - Kendall Fuller, V.T.
2b) C - Dan Voltz, Wi
3) DE - Anthony Zettel, PennSt
4a) TE - Bryce Williams, E.Car
4b) MLB - Antonio Morrison, Fl
5) OT - Isaiah Battle, Sup.Draft
6) Traded with Britt, Cook or a 2017 pick to move back up into the 4'th round
7) K - Brad Craddock, Md

Free Agent Acquisition : Alshon Jeffery

Extended/Restructured : Chris Long

Lost to Free Agency :

Janoris Jenkins
William Hayes

CAP Casualty or Traded :

Kenney Britt
Jared Cook
On the Bubble - James Laurinaitis

Re-signed :

Quick
Tru
Barron
McLeod
Harkey
Fairley
B.Cunningham
Reynolds
Davis
Worthington
Barnes (as back-up)
Sims
Zuerline

2016 O-Line :

LT - Saffold (With pre-season competition from Battle, Donnal, Williams & Jamon Brown)
LG - Brown
C - Dan Voltz (2'nd rd. pick)
RG - Robinson
RT - Havenstein

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
if we lost Jenks and Hayes I'd be pretty pissed

We'll try to re-sign him, but I believe the Rams may be hard-pressed to compete in a bidding war with the rest of the league. Hayes isn't cheap for a rotational guy and will probably want a raise. He'll be 31 next season and could probably start for a few teams, so i'm guessing he'll want to go out for the best money offered. jmo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We'll try to re-sign him, but I believe the Rams may be hard-pressed to compete in a bidding war with the rest of the league. Hayes isn't cheap for a rotational guy and will probably want a raise. He'll be 31 next season and could probably start for a few teams, so i'm guessing he'll want to go out for the best money offered. jmo.

Hayes followed Fisher to St. Louis and took a little less to do so, the first time. I really don't think he is a starter anywhere. He is not great against the run. I still think they franchise Jenkins if need be. They will be too thin at corner otherwise. They could still draft Fuller and let Jenkins walk next year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hayes followed Fisher to St. Louis and took a little less to do so, the first time. I really don't think he is a starter anywhere. He is not great against the run. I still think they franchise Jenkins if need be. They will be too thin at corner otherwise. They could still draft Fuller and let Jenkins walk next year.

Not super high on Fuller right now.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't think he will be Jenkins level but you don't usually get shut down corners in rounds 2-3

Not as high on Fuller as I am on Boddy-Calhoun in the fourth round. We're probably going to need a guy who can play slot corner because of Joyner possibly moving to free safety. Fuller can't, and we might have bigger needs than cornerback.

Stel

Starter
Not as high on Fuller as I am on Boddy-Calhoun in the fourth round. We're probably going to need a guy who can play slot corner because of Joyner possibly moving to free safety. Fuller can't, and we might have bigger needs than cornerback.

If we let McLeod walk (which I think we will) I'd rather we just drafted a FS than move Joyner. Not a fan of moving Joyner to FS. Wasn't a fan of moving up to get him in the first place.

Memento

Name
Jemma
If we let McLeod walk (which I think we will) I'd rather we just drafted a FS than move Joyner. Not a fan of moving Joyner to FS. Wasn't a fan of moving up to get him in the first place.

I have to disagree. Unless you're thinking about drafting Jalen Ramsey, there really isn't a free safety in this class that I feel would be better than Joyner. Huge fan of moving up for Joyner, huge fan of moving him to a better position where he can start on every down and leave cornerback duties to Jenkins, Johnson, and Gaines.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Are you just assuming about Joyner moving to free safety? Or did you read something from a coach?

Memento

Name
Jemma
Are you just assuming about Joyner moving to free safety? Or did you read something from a coach?

I'm assuming. But it's likely. The only other depth they have at the position is Davis and Bryant. The free safety class is weak, like in most years, Jalen Ramsey aside, who can play anywhere in the secondary. Cornerback position is very strong. I figure that we move Joyner from depth, and he's been talked as a safety by a lot of people on here I respect.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'd rather put Joyner at FS. The dude can tackle, hit, and looked good in college patrolling center-field. Rather not spend a high pick on a FS and trust a rookie at such a key spot when we have a guy on our roster capable of playing it.

FRO

Legend
I'd rather put Joyner at FS. The dude can tackle, hit, and looked good in college patrolling center-field. Rather not spend a high pick on a FS and trust a rookie at such a key spot when we have a guy on our roster capable of playing it.
Plus if you retain Jenkins and Johnson with Gaines coming back, you have 3 starting caliber CBs right there. Joyner has been very good in the slot and I think he may be better suited as a FS. He and McLeod are very similar style of players, and Joyner is the rich mans version.

nighttrain

Legend
… is looking more and more within reach without giving up additional picks to move up. Still too early to predict our overall record, but if we continue playing the way we have these last two weeks, no telling what's in store for us.

2016 Draft :

1) QB - Jared Goff, Cal
2a) CB - Kendall Fuller, V.T.
2b) C - Dan Voltz, Wi
3) DE - Anthony Zettel, PennSt
4a) TE - Bryce Williams, E.Car
4b) MLB - Antonio Morrison, Fl
5) OT - Isaiah Battle, Sup.Draft
6) Traded with Britt, Cook or a 2017 pick to move back up into the 4'th round
7) K - Brad Craddock, Md

Free Agent Acquisition : Alshon Jeffery

Extended/Restructured : Chris Long

Lost to Free Agency :

Janoris Jenkins
William Hayes

CAP Casualty or Traded :

Kenney Britt
Jared Cook
On the Bubble - James Laurinaitis

Re-signed :

Quick
Tru
Barron
McLeod
Harkey
Fairley
B.Cunningham
Reynolds
Davis
Worthington
Barnes (as back-up)
Sims
Zuerline

2016 O-Line :

LT - Saffold (With pre-season competition from Battle, Donnal, Williams & Jamon Brown)
LG - Brown
C - Dan Voltz (2'nd rd. pick)
RG - Robinson
RT - Havenstein

Would like this, I really would
train

tahoe

Pro Bowler
This is a pretty detailed discussion of Goff's potential problems translating to the NFL: http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...-bears-eagles-nfl-draft-arm-strength-weakness

Ramfan503's post was also good: http://ramsondemand.com/threads/pick-a-2016-qb.41453/page-2#post-665670

Like RF503 I don't fancy myself a good QB evaluator, I'm just wary of the combination of hype plus our desperate need for a QB savior.
Count me as someone not on board with Goff. Im more on board with Lynch physically but im not sure how he will do mentally. This just doesnt seem like a great QB class unfortunately.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Like RF503 I don't fancy myself a good QB evaluator, I'm just wary of the combination of hype plus our desperate need for a QB savior.
That's what makes it fun....
And I'm all for moving TJ McDonald to FS....but I'm not cool with losing any corners...esp. Jenkins.
Goff guy, Cook guy, Lynch maybe guy. Jacoby Brissett or Hackenberg later round guy

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still am a fan of Brandon Doughty but at this stage it's obvious we don't have to room for a developmental qb.
When it comes to qb I'm a big fan of mechanics and love Goff release. And thanks to the Carson Wentz crowd I watched some video on him and his release is pretty sweet. (This years Jimmy Garopollo)
Not a fan of Lynch. Release looks a big long

Athos

Legend
So far all I've needed to see is the SDSU tape from draft breakdown to know how much Cals offensive line sucks rank monkey ass.

Goff appears to handle the blitz well. Quick release. An ugly spiral, but nothing 15lbs of muscle and improved for work can't help. He's throwing all his back foot a bit because the pressure is in his face and the ball still gets to where it needs to be.

I'll have more thoughts when I watch more.