Jared Goff: "I promise you guys it will get fixed. Everything in my heart and soul."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Rams DT Aaron Donald thinks bringing in a new coach will motivate players during the offseason, because of the uncertainty that it creates. "You don't know what to expect," Donald said. "It's like starting over again, like you're coming in as a rookie.

You have to come in in top shape, prepare yourself. Don't nobody have a starting job. You're coming into a new system, new coach, and you have to try to impress those guys. I think that's going to help us a lot, too, having a young team. Get that hunger back."

Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams DT Aaron Donald thinks bringing in a new coach will motivate players during the offseason, because of the uncertainty that it creates. "You don't know what to expect," Donald said. "It's like starting over again, like you're coming in as a rookie.

You have to come in in top shape, prepare yourself. Don't nobody have a starting job. You're coming into a new system, new coach, and you have to try to impress those guys. I think that's going to help us a lot, too, having a young team. Get that hunger back."

Literally the only guy on the team who has zero to worry about no matter who the coach is.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

"Get that hunger back" is not a statement I like hearing about our guys.

FRO

Legend
Goff needs a good game Sunday. If he has another stinker like he did against the 49ers then he goes into the offseason with a lot of negative questions. Goff is human and that stuff could affect his confidence. If he has a good game it gives hope and something to build on. The only problem is I think the team has checked out. It's hard to have a good game when teammates don't seem mentally into it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff needs a good game Sunday. If he has another stinker like he did against the 49ers then he goes into the offseason with a lot of negative questions. Goff is human and that stuff could affect his confidence. If he has a good game it gives hope and something to build on. The only problem is I think the team has checked out. It's hard to have a good game when teammates don't seem mentally into it.
I just don't know how it's possible if he's only going to throw on 3rd and longs
If the Rams wanted to help Goff they could run the offense like they did against New Orleans in 1st half. But I seriously doubt it

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Goff's splits:

c45218f2e765438aa96312c8df730079.jpeg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff's splits:

That is beyond disheartening. We have almost as many 3rd downs of 9+ yards as the other 3rd down categories combined.

But now we know the truth. Run the ball on the first 3 downs. Then let Goff throw on 4th down. It's a flawless plan with his 100% completion percentage and 31.7 yards per attempt. ;)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff's splits:

Why are his first down stats so bad? Shouldn't that be the mostly safe throws down? Poor play design is the culprit I think. Always behind the 8 ball.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but another gem from Jared Goff's press conference, I feel like I should add. Maybe you guys could put this into perspective.

A reporter asked "how do you feel you played today? Goff said : "Ups and downs, I thought there was some good things WE did, and I thought there was obviously bad things I did." He could have said "obviously bad things WE did but instead chose the word 'I'." hmm..:thinking:
I think you're reading more into this. I like a guy who takes the blame for his performance, especially when it's bad. When you win, it's "WE." When you lose, it can also be "WE," but most times it's about "ME" and what "I" did wrong and what "I" need to do to improve. I think Goff doesn't want to call out his team, so to speak, when he made the statement. I think he's being a bit hard on himself, but I admire him taking ownership in the loss. At the end of the day, you win/loss as a team. He's looking in the mirror and calling himself out. Hopefully others on the team can do the same thing.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't like talking about Wentz but sometimes this stuff about Wentz being better is crazy. Goff is more accurate and has a better arm than Wentz.
Look again...

@UKram @Memento @Badfinger @majrleaged
The proof is on YOU Guys....Because 7 games is all you really need to see talent...Now, lets see if some miracle intangible can actually make this guy a player. I stand by what I said. Seen too many QB's...This guy is nothing special. Will be drafting Sam Darnold in 2 years....

Scirca

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look again...

The proof is on YOU Guys....Because 7 games is all you really need to see talent...Now, lets see if some miracle intangible can actually make this guy a player. I stand by what I said. Seen too many QB's...This guy is nothing special. Will be drafting Sam Darnold in 2 years....

L.....o......L

p.s. Don't talk about Goff anymore until the start of the next season. We know where you stand and from the way you write, nothing can be said to change your mind.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look again...

Just like your dude quick? ... who unlike you after years of his suckatude I was willing to give him one last shot at proving he could do it ... glad to say he didn't let me down

7 games ? In a busted broken tired ass scheme that has no idea what it wanted to be and your ready to declare goff a busy how did Eli do in his first year or peyton

Know what I see .. I saw a rookie busting his ass trying to make plays and being let down by his WRs and his o line ...made some big boy throws despite quick and co "catching" his passes

Look kid made mistakes no doubt ..but it's not like he had much help