Jared Goff: "I promise you guys it will get fixed. Everything in my heart and soul."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Just rewatched the game.Going to rewatch it again when they release coach's film. Jared Goff had a meh kinda game. The o-line didn't give Goff any time in the pocket. The play calling was garbage.
The wide receivers were also cheeks and couldn't get separation. There was 5 drops. One specific play Tavon Austin just lazily watched as a pass flew by him, hit the turf and then went out of bounds. It was just a horrible game to rewatch. The defense... Greg Williams needs to go.
Don't rewatch it again. Life is too short for that kind of torture.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I can say is that the combination of quick release, arm strength and calmness amidst pass rush, I can't see this kid not being a super star. But I think if aaron Rodgers or tom Brady were playing QB for the current Rams team, people would be calling for Mannion too

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's hard not to cheer for the guy and want him to succeed. The Rams gotta do right by him

Well all the eggs are in his basket. Good luck building through the draft this next season. ---Snisher even took that away from us.

Jason Smith -- Then follow that up with Greg Robinson in one of the richest drafts in years.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
All I can say is that the combination of quick release, arm strength and calmness amidst pass rush, I can't see this kid not being a super star. But I think if aaron Rodgers or tom Brady were playing QB for the current Rams team, people would be calling for Mannion too

Well The Rams gave up a lot to get Jared Goff. I liked what I saw from Mannion in the preseason. Would be nice to see him play.We would have against Seattle , but Case was still the guy. --What happens to Case ??

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I still have faith in Goff.... Even though both of my CHAMPIONSHIP FANTASY TEAMS are named In Goff We Bust, lolz.

Another thing to remember is that the kids is.... well.... A kid. He came out as a true junior, not a 5th year senior like Wentz. He is going to learn on the job, and that is fine with me as long as our OL doesn't get him killed. Give him time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kid needs to spend the entire off season in the weight room and watching film, leaving no stone unturned and the new coaching staff most likely tailor made for him, so I better see him lighting it up in preseason because as of right now, Carson Wentz is head & shoulders above him and please don't showcase their stats, although I'm sure Wentz's is far superior, just watch both QB's play and you can tell who seems more confident and has better reads.

No more excuses just get better and that starts with getting stronger and taking every snap under center so you stop tripping over your guards. Again I'm sure there will be an offensive coach hired, plus an OC & QB coach with a better history then what Goff is dealing with now and an Offensive Line coach that has more of a future than a past, but I don't need these fireside chats, just start working to get stronger both physically & mentally and lead by example and then let's take it from there.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kid needs to spend the entire off season in the weight room and watching film, leaving no stone unturned and the new coaching staff most likely tailor made for him, so I better see him lighting it up in preseason because as of right now, Carson Wentz is head & shoulders above him and please don't showcase their stats, although I'm sure Wentz's is far superior, just watch both QB's play and you can tell who seems more confident and has better reads.

No more excuses just get better and that starts with getting stronger and taking every snap under center so you stop tripping over your guards. Again I'm sure there will be an offensive coach hired, plus an OC & QB coach with a better history then what Goff is dealing with now and an Offensive Line coach that has more of a future than a past, but I don't need these fireside chats, just start working to get stronger both physically & mentally and lead by example and then let's take it from there.
I was and am a fan of wentz .... but the guy is 15 games into his rookie season .. Goff is like what ? 6 games in .... wentz had an a amazing start but tailed off and is looking like a rookie now

I believe goff will do all those things and then some to get better

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was and am a fan of wentz .... but the guy is 15 games into his rookie season .. Goff is like what ? 6 games in .... wentz had an a amazing start but tailed off and is looking like a rookie now

I totally disagree, even when Wentz looks bad, he looks good. The play against the Giants, he escaped four or five guys ran and threw way down field only to get his ball picked off. That trumps a one step drop throwing an interception. Granted, same result, but totally different. Wentz showcases the ability to keep plays alive and will learn to throw that ball away or take the four to five yard gain, whereas, Goff struggles and when he runs seems to run right into trouble.

Yes Wentz is older and has had more experience to this point, but when you watch both of them play to this point there is no comparison, in fact, Goff's arm looks so much weaker too. Hey I wanted Wentz at first and was convinced by Goff's body of work, but IMO, when a player is bigger, stronger, faster and even smarter than the other play, why debate what player to take?

Now again the Rams will surround Goff with a better cast, but to this point Carson Wentz has led his team to six wins, Goff has led his team to zero wins, however, the silver lining is Goff is used to adversity, faced it at California so one can hope for improvement next year because as Ram fans, that's all we have.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
I totally disagree, even when Wentz looks bad, he looks good. The play against the Giants, he escaped four or five guys ran and threw way down field only to get his ball picked off. That trumps a one step drop throwing and interception. Granted, same result, but totally different. Wentz showcases the ability to keep plays alive and will learn to throw that ball away or take the four to five yard gain, whereas, Goff struggles and when he runs seems to run right into trouble.

Yes Wentz is older and has had more experience to this point, but when you watch both of them play to this point there is no comparison, in fact, Goff's arm looks so much weaker too. Hey I wanted Wentz at first and was convinced by Goff's body of work, but IMO, when a player is bigger, stronger, faster and even smarter than the other play, why debate what player to take?

Now again the Rams will surround Goff with a better cast, but to this point Carson Wentz has led his team to six wins, Goff has led his team to zero wins, however, the silver lining is Goff is used to adversity, faced it at California so one can hope for improvement next year because as Ram fans, that's all we have.

Wentz has done just that. He has thrown a few right into coverage that were easy picks and some that were dropped. I catch some of Wentz here on local TV. I'm trying to look at both him and Goff and do some kind of comparison. Wentz is really good at getting out of the pocket to buy time. He does get positive yards on scramble plays and does make some ill advised throws. Goff has shown ability to move around in the pocket. He may be waiting a millisecond or two before running. Goff is far from a statue in the pocket. I think the big difference is Wentz has the natural run DNA to escape while Goff has the DNA to move and throw. Both QBs are showing mechanical problems of throwing off the back foot. NFL defenses will do that to rookie QBs.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm as big a fan of Goff as there is. And yes the Rams scheme is awful and they may not have great players. That said, 90 yards passing against the one of the worst defense in the league is pretty disturbing

You know, I'm as big a Goff homer as anyone. But so far I'm not seeing anything in him that screams greatness. All we can do is hope the personnel and scheme is so bad no one could look any better.

Honestly, I don't know. If we could have a do over and I had the say so, I would not make that trade. We'd probably be looking at another quarterback without giving up all those picks.

But what's done is done. Can't go back. Just gotta try and make it work. Goff has the right attitude. I'm sure he'll work as hard as anyone. He's a tough kid. He's just gotta get out there and keep learning.

Statistically I don't see him improving in the finale. He's in a tough situation with all that has happened. But hopefully he'll come back stronger next year and learn from all this adversity. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

All we can do is hope.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Okay maybe I will post I'm being more critical of Goff because he's on my team, however, Wentz just looks more in control and is not killing his teams with interceptions. Case in point the one down the field was like a punt whereas Goff interceptions have set up the opposition very nicely.

Overall Goff the 49er defense was the worst in the NFL and Goff still did not play well and as Ram starting Quarterback is 0-6.

Ram65

Legend
Okay maybe I will post I'm being more critical of Goff because he's on my team, however, Wentz just looks more in control and is not killing his teams with interceptions. Case in point the one down the field was like a punt whereas Goff interceptions have set up the opposition very nicely.

Overall Goff the 49er defense was the worst in the NFL and Goff still did not play well and as Ram starting Quarterback is 0-6.

Just watch the first minute of highlights.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...+giants&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#sh=0

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Did Wentz play in a pro system in college? Yes
Did Goff? No
Is Wentz two very important years older than Goff? Yes
Is Wentz being coached by people with experience developing QBS. Yes
Is Goff? No

Sure, it's an "eyeball test".
Right now it's the equivalent of trying to decide which one of two girls is better looking when you've only seen them from behind. That one with the nice butt might be better looking or might have 3 teeth and an eye patch... it's just way too early to tell...

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I totally disagree, even when Wentz looks bad, he looks good. The play against the Giants, he escaped four or five guys ran and threw way down field only to get his ball picked off. That trumps a one step drop throwing an interception. Granted, same result, but totally different. Wentz showcases the ability to keep plays alive and will learn to throw that ball away or take the four to five yard gain, whereas, Goff struggles and when he runs seems to run right into trouble.

I'm just not ready to throw Goff under the bus ... wentz has two years and 15 games experience over Goff

Wentz also hasn't been hindered by having fishers hodge podge o line and high school offense

Hell goff will probably be 0-7 as a starter come next weekend .... but a lot his "supporting" staff won't be here next year and that's when we should really analyse him

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Goff taking a page from Fisher and really trying to sell it. "We'll get it fixed, I mean it though." It's like my leaky sink "yeah babe I'll fix it. Seriously"

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Man...he's looking terrible....No sugar coating it...I'm watching the Atlanta game....Trying to find some signs...

Read @den-the-coach post...he needs to get in the gym...grab a serious nutritionist....and grab some film of NFL defenses...hire a QB coach to prepare him for some offenses of Shanahan & McDaniels...Cause he looks bad right now...the more I watch the line, Tavon, Kendricks, and yea, Brian Quick...I figure there is NO WAY we got this QB selection stuff right. No possible way...
Too weak a foot, too weak of an arm...to slow to escape the pocket...yeah...5 games....if you need more, you don't know what you're looking at...Sorta like Les Snead & Fisher.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Carson Wentz is a flopper, he showcased his true colors that recent Giants game. It takes a certain kind of character to flop. He's going to be a bust.
So Wentz is a flopper equals he's going to be a bust? So does that mean Goff can't win a game so he's a loser and going to be a bust? See your just being silly right now if you have good reasons why Goff is going to be great please point them out I really need to feel better about him. You don't need to try to convince me that Wentz is going to bust I don't care he's not on my team. It doesn't matter what Wentz becomes only Goff and that's what I'm afraid of.

Scirca

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

@hotanez

Are we really going to praise Carson Wentz. The guy is a flopper. The guy is bring flopping to the NFL. You have no idea how disgraceful of an act that is. That speaks to the kind of character he has. He's also been absolutely dreadful and his o-line is top 10 in the NFL.