Jared Goff: "I promise you guys it will get fixed. Everything in my heart and soul."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Everyone knows they have to pressure Jared to disrupt his accuracy. It will be tough for him to go forward until he develops the skills to beat the blitz/extra pressure. With the defensive focus being primarily to stop Todd, the Gurley Man won't be that much help without better blocking, although I wonder if the Express! has not been laboring with nagging injuries this season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lotta folks hatin on him right now, and even a lot of fans doubting him. They can suck it.

He needs guys around him who can execute, like that catch Higbee had in the endzone that Kendricks would have dropped or bobbled. He needs guys who can block for him without a free rusher on every other pass play it seems. But he also needs to get better. Dude needs to do a better job with his accuracy, but I believe in him and know he's a very accurate passer, it's just gonna take some time and a better staff who can anticipate what he's going to see and have him ready to take advantage.

A few years from now all the doubt and media hate are gonna look pretty stupid. Not like anyone will care, but whatever.

Ellard80

Legend
Lotta folks hatin on him right now, and even a lot of fans doubting him. They can suck it.

He needs guys around him who can execute, like that catch Higbee had in the endzone that Kendricks would have dropped or bobbled. He needs guys who can block for him without a free rusher on every other pass play it seems. But he also needs to get better. Dude needs to do a better job with his accuracy, but I believe in him and know he's a very accurate passer, it's just gonna take some time and a better staff who can anticipate what he's going to see and have him ready to take advantage.

A few years from now all the doubt and media hate are gonna look pretty stupid. Not like anyone will care, but whatever.

I hope you are right. At this very moment however I don't have enough evidence to be so passionately certain as you seem to be.

The only thing I can say for certain is that I like the kid.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think of it this way, the worst offense meets the worst defense. 32 ranked offense vs 32 ranked defense, they will cancel eachother out. I blame Rob Buras. He is one of the worst things to ever happen to the NFL.
90 yards passing on 24 attempts.
It's alarming I don't care how bad the scheme is

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

He needs coaching, he needs experience and more than anything, he needs a functioning OFFENSE with 10 other players on the field capable of performing at an NFL level.

Judging him before he has even SOME of those things is just a waste of time.

He has all the requisite tools and a few that are special and rare.

I think he will be great.
I'm nowhere near thinking otherwise yet.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
90 yards passing on 24 attempts.
It's alarming I don't care how bad the scheme is

The scheme;
The players;
The play calling;
The coaching;
The execution;
The organizational leadership from coaches;
The.........................

FRO

Legend
I'm as big a fan of Goff as there is. And yes the Rams scheme is awful and they may not have great players. That said, 90 yards passing against the one of the worst defense in the league is pretty disturbing
I'm in no way shape or form calling the guy a bust. It's way too early to pass any form of judgement. That being said I expected much more against the 49ers. He was facing a team of equal ineptitude and he could only muster less than 4 yards an attempt and completed well under 50% of his passes and more turnovers than TDs. It was a bad performance. Maybe his rough start will propel him to work hard in the offseason and blossom.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care what is said about Goff. I know he'll be great. I don't doubt this kid for a second. We need to go all in on helping him this off-season. You doubters can doubt. Just do us all a favor and don't turn into the sort of fans that the Bradford haters were.

This off-season, I'm going out and getting Goff a damn good OG, Center, Tackle (if I can find one), and 1-2 talented WRs. And I'm getting him a damn good coach.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm as big a fan of Goff as there is. And yes the Rams scheme is awful and they may not have great players. That said, 90 yards passing against the one of the worst defense in the league is pretty disturbing
Britt going down didn't help. He seems to be Goff's favorite target.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't care what is said about Goff. I know he'll be great. I don't doubt this kid for a second. We need to go all in on helping him this off-season. You doubters can doubt. Just do us all a favor and don't turn into the sort of fans that the Bradford haters were.

This off-season, I'm going out and getting Goff a damn good OG, Center, Tackle (if I can find one), and 1-2 talented WRs. And I'm getting him a damn good coach.
I'd be perfectly fine going into next year with Grob and Hav as our tackles as long as we clean house on our interior line. It's a disaster and there is no pocket without solid interior line play. Goes the same for our running game.

Give this kid 3 seconds and we will win.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

I hope that by some small chance someone in that front office is looking for a staff that wants to make this type of thing happen

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

64026822.jpg

No time for the debbie downers about Goff. Can't wait for him to shut people up next year.

Scirca

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just rewatched the game.Going to rewatch it again when they release coach's film. Jared Goff had a meh kinda game. The o-line didn't give Goff any time in the pocket. The play calling was garbage.
The wide receivers were also cheeks and couldn't get separation. There was 5 drops. One specific play Tavon Austin just lazily watched as a pass flew by him, hit the turf and then went out of bounds. It was just a horrible game to rewatch. The defense... Greg Williams needs to go.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I have some serious doubt this kid can play at this level. I really believed or at least I was trying really hard to when guy's said he was the most pro ready QB. He definitely was not at wasn't close. Now I wonder how long is it going to take? I'm sorry I don't mean to be negative but I have to be honest I truly believe we made a mistake in taking Goff over Wentz. I hope to God this kid proves me wrong and I have to eat crow on this.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have some serious doubt this kid can play at this level. I really believed or at least I was trying really hard to when guy's said he was the most pro ready QB. He definitely was not at wasn't close. Now I wonder how long is it going to take? I'm sorry I don't mean to be negative but I have to be honest I truly believe we made a mistake in taking Goff over Wentz. I hope to God this kid proves me wrong and I have to eat crow on this.

Impossible to evaluate a rookie QB on this team. Horrible and unnecessarily complicated offensive scheme. Worst OC in the NFL. No running game. Bad pass protection. WRs dropping passes. Part of the team quit after his second start.

You can't place a rookie QB in an impossible situation and then blame him when he looks bad. A bad Colts team managed to make the most pro ready QB I've ever seen look bad (Peyton Manning). And he still had Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison.

You want to talk Wentz? Wentz has 7 TDs to 13 picks over his last 10 starts. If you ask the Eagles fans what happened, they'll tell you that Wentz's game fell apart when his protection broke down and his WRs stopped catching the ball. That sounds awfully familiar to me.

People can pine for Wentz. Whatever. The kid is going to be a good QB. But don't tell me that he'd be doing anything more here than Goff. That guy has looked every bit as bad on the Eagles since his OL stopped protecting him.

And Wentz has a HC, OC, and QB Coach who are all respected QB developers and offensive minds. Wentz has a coach who changed his offense to make Wentz's transition easier.

You put Wentz on this team and he'd struggle as much as Goff is. That much is clear.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Impossible to evaluate a rookie QB on this team. Horrible and unnecessarily complicated offensive scheme. Worst OC in the NFL. No running game. Bad pass protection. WRs dropping passes. Part of the team quit after his second start.

You can't place a rookie QB in an impossible situation and then blame him when he looks bad. A bad Colts team managed to make the most pro ready QB I've ever seen look bad (Peyton Manning). And he still had Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison.

You want to talk Wentz? Wentz has 7 TDs to 13 picks over his last 10 starts. If you ask the Eagles fans what happened, they'll tell you that Wentz's game fell apart when his protection broke down and his WRs stopped catching the ball. That sounds awfully familiar to me.

People can pine for Wentz. Whatever. The kid is going to be a good QB. But don't tell me that he'd be doing anything more here than Goff. That guy has looked every bit as bad on the Eagles since his OL stopped protecting him.

And Wentz has a HC, OC, and QB Coach who are all respected QB developers and offensive minds. Wentz has a coach who changed his offense to make Wentz's transition easier.

You put Wentz on this team and he'd struggle as much as Goff is. That much is clear.
Funny that you responded jrry you are one of the members I was talking about that that made me want to believe the choice we made was the right one. I really love reading your opinion on college players before the draft. I really respect your opinion when it comes to football but I just see something in Wentz that I don't see in Goff. I watched that last game the Eagles beat the Gmen and I was impressed. It's not the stats it's just the way the kid plays. Like I said I'm not trying to piss people off I'm just being honest. Like I said i hope I turn out to be 100% wrong on Goff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny that you responded jrry you are one of the members I was talking about that that made me want to believe the choice we made was the right one. I really love reading your opinion on college players before the draft. I really respect your opinion when it comes to football but I just see something in Wentz that I don't see in Goff. I watched that last game the Eagles beat the Gmen and I was impressed. It's not the stats it's just the way the kid plays. Like I said I'm not trying to tick people off I'm just being honest. Like I said i hope I turn out to be 100% wrong on Goff.

I watched the same game. I saw good and bad. I saw Wentz make some plays. I also saw him make some horrendous decisions. He very easily could have been picked 3 times in that game.

The simple truth is that he has played poorly since the Eagles protection broke down. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Wentz is a franchise QB. Goff is a franchise QB. It's on the Rams to give Goff the help he needs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The scheme;
The players;
The play calling;
The coaching;
The execution;
The organizational leadership from coaches;
The.........................
Just awful.
Don't get me wrong. I don't doubt for a second that Goff will be a top 5 qb. I haven't lost any faith at all. After rewatching the game I came away seriously wondering if Boras tanked the game. The play calling was actually worse. They ran the ball on 1st and 2nd down almost every series leaving 3rd and longs.