Janoris Jenkins or Patrick Peterson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
everyone here KNOWS, I'm one of the biggest Homers here, and in this case, in regards to Jenkins, some might say " I'm sticking with the date I brought to the prom!" But in this case, I dump the date and pick-up the pretty one! Peterson Hands-down, with out batting an eye!!(y)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Dude, it's June. What Fisher says is irrelevant. He also said Bradford was our QB. Gaines is EASILY the best CB on this team. Jenkins is solid but makes to many selfish bonehead plays. The

LOL It could be Sunday morning before a game and what Fisher says is still irrelevant. He never tells the media a damn thing.

A55VA6

Legend
Patrick Peterson, because he's more consistent and I think he has a better skill set. Helps that he's younger too. But I do like Jenkins alot.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Peterson and it's not even close.

Multiple pro bowls.

Punt return ability.

Better all around player.
Won't argue the pro bowl but their stats were almost identical last year.
JJ has 5 defensive TD's to PP's one and PP has an extra season on JJ.
Peterson cashed in after 2012 been running his mouth ever since.
We have a punt returner and our receivers play offense so I'll take JJ for 1/10th the money.

lockdnram21

Legend
I can't even imagine this being close. It's Peterson all day for me. I don't even know that Jenkins for sure starts for us next season. Gaines has a spot locked and the other will be a battle between Tru and Jenkins IMO.
Jenkins the one with the lock. It's already been reported Gaines and tru are battling for the other spot. I'm not so sure Gaines wins either. Unless Tru isn't still recovered

lockdnram21

Legend
Dude, it's June. What Fisher says is irrelevant. He also said Bradford was our QB. Gaines is EASILY the best CB on this team. Jenkins is solid but makes to many selfish bonehead plays. The
I would have to disagree with that. Gaines doesn't even guard the teams best receivers and I doubt he can. Don't get me wrong I like him but I would still take Jenkins over him also I would take Tru to. Hopefully tru returns to form because before injury he was our best cb and think when he came back he wasn't ready

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
With all due respect, based on purely the player and person , I'm taking Peterson all day long and its not enough close. Jenkins has had the "potential" discussion year in and year out but I don't know that he is completely dedicated to the game like Peterson. Based on Jenkins' Instagram account, if the guy just put more focus on the game and less on his party like lifestyle there would be an argument. Peterson, on the other hand, is known for his endless dedication to the game and film room. Sure he is a bit hyped but the guy has got it all and is much more consistent than Jenkins.

IMHO, the REAL argument is EJ Gaines or Peterson?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Disagree with ya man. Jenkins had one year (his rookie year) that he was clearly the best on the field. I'm thinking, judging by your Avitar, that you may be bit partial lol. Which is cool, we are all rooting for the same thing here. But you gotta see the Forrest thru the trees.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Peterson, but not by much. Peterson is overatted, but still slightly better than JJ.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The questions was based strictly off of defensive skills, all those put return skills only got him 1 defensive touchdowns and to be honest he hasn't really been that great on punt returns anymore. I asked this question because the pundits had him as the 3rd best corner in the league, and I just remember how Kenny Britt was making him look foolish. So I watched some games and I'm definitely not impressed. For a guy that big and athletic he is terrible in the red zone. He might be a little better than Jenkins but I would take Jenkins.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He is giving up a 61% completion percentage a 113 Passer rating to opposing qbs and gave up 8 touchdowns.
He gave up the most touchdowns of any cb last year.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Will be more fair to answer that question after the Rams ink Jenkins long term (which ought to be in the next few months).

Until then, on value - its Jenkins and its not even close.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Gaines is EASILY the best CB on this team.

I see...so we can all pencil EJ covering the other teams number 1 starting week one.

I wouldn't be holding your breathe for that to happen anytime soon.

That being said, of course Peterson is the better player...so far.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Lol the responses are crazy to me. Someone explain to me how on earth your taking Jenkins? If these were both free agents that you got to sign for the same price, there would be no chance in hell that any of you take Jenkins. Be a homer, that's great. I can get on board with that. But dont kid yourselves. It's not even a close race, cause while one is racing, the other is on Twitter and Instagram talking in encryption and nonsense not caring about the game.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I should say, there is a complete lack of tone with text. But I am not trying To come off as a dick in these post.

Big Willie

Starter
IMO, Janoris is overrated and gets too much love from some fans. I prefer the consistency of EJ over Janoris, but EJ doesn't have his upside. Until JJ is more consistent he is a JAG in my eyes. He has the potential to be equal/better than Peterson, but simply hasn't shown it in his 3 years. Maybe that changes this year (contract year), but I will believe it when I see it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Patrick Peterson.

If Jenkins ever gets his head out of his ass and starts to make full use of all the skills that he has, he can make this a debate...but the same can be said for Peterson (except for the making this a debate part).

Both guys are inconsistent and love to gamble, Peterson is the better talent and the better player right now.