Jameis Winston suspended for half vs. Clemson over obscenity incident

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Lol, the over reactions to a college kid yelling "F*ck her righ in the P*ssy." I bet he wasn't the only one yelling it either.

I for damn sure never talked like that, ever.

IMO it is a character indicator, just like the petty theft. The fact that he thinks it's funny to do that in the student union in front of tons of people, including women, tells me he thinks he is above the rules.

The whole idea of getting in front of a mic and saying that so it's broadcast on TV is just so hideous. Our society has too many members who have lost any sense of respect and decency. Edwin Starr asked the question way back in the 60's and the answer is, sadly, "nope"

"Peace love and understanding tell me
Is there no place for them today"
This incident on it's own shouldn't deter anyone from drafting him.

I agree with @Akrasian that the theft and rape allegation is much more troublesome, especially with the crackdown this year in the NFL on domestic abuse.

Ah I had forgotten about the rape allegation.......wasn't that proven to be wrong though?

My feeling is that a guy who had a rape allegation, then got caught stealing crab legs would have learned enough to know not to scream that kind of thing over and over in a crowded student union.

It's flat out stoooooopid and teams are going to consider it a red flag.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we can provide free crab legs and the rape allegations are proven false, he might be getting coached by a different Fisher in 2015

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He swore?!.....oh golly gee willickers. The only real misstep in this is because he has some pending sexual assault charges against him and that is the real issue if you ask me. If every college football player got suspended for vulgar language we would have no football this Saturday.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Wow, a whole half? That'll really learn him, not even a full game. FSU might as well just say Jameis do what you want, we really won't do anything.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Our society has too many members who have lost any sense of respect and decency.
Your observation makes a point. Some want to "do away" with physical forms of discipline, and while I can agree to a point. I will also say, had this kid received some corporal punishment, not the excessive kind at a very young age, but just the right amount at 8-9-10, I do not believe Jameis would be acting like this....And I could be wrong, but it's obvious to an observer, he doesn't give a f#@&. What will make him grow up now, only Winston knows....

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Your observation makes a point. Some want to "do away" with physical forms of discipline, and while I can agree to a point. I will also say, had this kid received some corporal punishment, not the excessive kind at a very young age, but just the right amount at 8-9-10, I do not believe Jameis would be acting like this....And I could be wrong, but it's obvious to an observer, he doesn't give a f#@&. What will make him grow up now, only Winston knows....

Well, I got my ass beat with a ping-pong paddle growing up. I still went through a phase in college where I was getting drunk, acting out, and had several interactions with police (never arrested). That's what it is with MOST people, a phase. Nothing you can do about it.

V3

Hall of Fame
Loser written all over him? I can see having issue with the prior offenses but this case is just silly.

I bet there's a lot of people with loser written all over them on these boards if that's the case, myself included.

That said, I do think public figures should be held to a higher standard than regular Joes and an don't mind the mini-suspension.
I'm talking about his body of work. I mentioned how stuff keeps piling up. Also, a person that's been accused of raping a girl shouldn't go around screaming things like that. It shows he's an idiot that hasn't learned anything and/or doesn't care.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
All signs point towards privileged brat if you asked me. Every time he gets in trouble. Which seems to be often. He gets a slap or worms his way out of it completely.

A half suspension....:rolleyes: He'll surely learn something this time.........

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

To weigh in on that I was spanked a handful of times by my father but it was nothing that ever left a mark and it was for real "offenses". I'm not sure if Winston would be acting like this if he had been spanked or not, who knows.

It's like V3 said, the body of work. If he lacks the mechanism to stop himself from doing this in a crowded student union I have to call his character and intelligence into question.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
All signs point towards privileged brat if you asked me. Every time he gets in trouble. Which seems to be often. He gets a slap or worms his way out of it completely.

A half suspension....:rolleyes: He'll surely learn something this time.........

Nice to see ya 'cake, hows things?

How long have you know Jameis for? I'd of thought you being from LA, he being from Florida that you wouldn't have had much chance to talk, but it's cool that you know exactly how he was disciplined as a kid, you two must be pretty tight?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
His character is awful, but he's a hell of a talent at the QB position. Somebody is going to take him high, and I would have no problem if it was us.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He swore?!.....oh golly gee willickers. The only real misstep in this is because he has some pending sexual assault charges against him and that is the real issue if you ask me. If every college football player got suspended for vulgar language we would have no football this Saturday.

So true. It may just be the morality of this generation is far different than the last but I see nothing in this to be outraged at. It seems typical to me as a person that just graduated college.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So true. It may just be the morality of this generation is far different than the last but I see nothing in this to be outraged at. It seems typical to me as a person that just graduated college.

You think it's acceptable to do what he did? Am I reading that right?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm doing absolutely fantastic Les. Thanks for asking. How are you doing? You still running a special on your private cam shows?:p

Great news! Looking forward to the rest of the season......I'm optimistic but I can't explain why LOL.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Great news! Looking forward to the rest of the season......I'm optimistic but I can't explain why LOL.
Me too brother. Even with the QB question mark I'm feeling pretty good about what the Rams have. Especially with the other teams in the div showing some chinks in their armor early.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I graduated in 1990 and it was not much different then as far as language and was worse in the locker room. Its not even generational. Im just grateful there was no twitter, facebook, youtube, heck Im just glad there was no internet in my day. And I went to a college that is considered pretty up tight and proper.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I can tell you guys that the Crab Legs were NOT stolen.

A little birdie with the inside scoop shared the story with me. That particular grocery store HAD a deal going with the football team. Many of the players could go there for things and not have to pay themselves. The items were paid for later by a willing booster. The team didn't want to be found in violation of NCAA rules. Swept under the rug.