Jake Ellenbogen's Four-round Pre-NFL Combine Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
227364_911d1a9d7ae649658214f4aad538c882~mv2.webp

http://www.downtownrams.com/single-...nbogens-Four-round-Pre-NFL-Combine-Mock-Draft

Now that all of the exhibition college games have been completed, I give you my four-round mock draft before we enter the NFL combine period. Since the Rams don't have a first-round pick this year, I have decided not to make just a first-round mock since it would have no bearing towards anything Rams. In this mock I will not include trades, but I will include compensation picks. Thanks for reading and don't forget to sound off down below.

First Round

1.Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett, EDGE, Texas A&M
I am going to start off by saying this, my no.1 overall player in this class is Jonathan Allen, but as Adam Schefter reported awhile back. The Browns have an "astronomical" grade on Myles Garrett. I like Garrett, but believe it or not my top edge rusher is Joe Mathis from Washington. However, I think it's hard to bet against Garrett as the pick here, the Browns are lacking a ton on the defensive side of the ball and while it may seem like a good idea to pick a QB...I think that would be a huge mistake. The Browns need to give Cody Kessler a chance to develop and even if they don't believe in him there is a signal-caller in New England that is waiting for his chance.

2.San Francisco 49ers: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
He was my no.1 overall QB in this draft class until I looked deeply into Texas Tech QB Pat Mahomes. Kizer is likely going to be the next QB of the 49ers. He has enough to his arsenal where he would be tempting enough to take. The other option here is Mitch Trubisky from UNC, who has the quick release and accuracy, but lacks the pure athleticism and arm strength of Kizer. With the 49ers likely in the midst of a long rebuild, Kizer makes sense as you can grow around a raw rookie QB.

3.Chicago Bears: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
I think Jonathan Allen makes a ton of sense here, but with the uncertainty at QB for the Chicago Bears, it's likely John Fox wants a new QB. Mitch Trubisky, isn't flashy by any means, but he would be a solid enough pick to try and develop. If Jay Cutler is the man moving forward then Trubisky can learn sitting behind him. Matt Barkley showed some flashes of what he could be, but overall he was too turnover-prone. I said the Bears should've drafted Paxton Lynch last year and now I have them taking another QB a year later.

4.Jacksonville Jaguars: Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama
This pick becomes the value pick the New York Jets received in 2015 with Leonard Williams. Jacksonville in my mock draft ends up with in my opinion, the best prospect in the draft Jonathan Allen. Allen reminds me of Aaron Donald, he's that good. What is impressive is the way he was able to shed double teams this season. He's quick at the point of attack and can really look freaky athletic when he's seen diving at the QB. Jacksonville's defense showed some flashes at times, but they are missing a game-breaker. Allen could step in right away and he would be my Rookie of the Year front runner.

5.Tennessee Titans (via Los Angeles Rams): Jamal Adams, S, LSU
The Titans fleeced the Rams unfortunately, but they are in position to make some noise. The obvious choice here is Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker. I am going with Adams since he is the one who isn't getting surgery and won't miss the combine...The Titans have a good strong safety in Da'Norris Searcy and a good backup in Kevin Byard, but as good and promising as Byard is. We are talking about an elite safety prospect that would take over for veteran Rashad Johnson. Adams would instantly perk up that secondary. Watch out people, the Titans can gain a ton of ground after this draft haul.

6.New York Jets: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
Obviously it's going to be tough for the Jets to pass on Malik Hooker, but they need to give Jets fans something to cheer about. I went down to the Jets and Rams game in 2016 and it was a sad affair. The fans have no faith in their offense and actually were jealous of the Rams offense at one point in the game. Fournette may seem very risky due to his injury issues at LSU, but he is the choice that will make it easier for their young QB Christian Hackenberg, who they spent a second round pick on.

7.Los Angeles Chargers: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
Well, this would make my Chargers friends happy. Malik Hooker is another elite safety prospect in this draft who to me is right on the same level as Jamal Adams. The Chargers unfortunately let Eric Weddle go last season only for him to tear it up in Baltimore all season. Now standout safety Jahleel Addae is likely to hit free agency and the Chargers will need to grab a playmaker on defense to get their new L.A. fan base excited. Hooker would be a great pick for the Chargers and the fans wouldn't have any issue with it.

8.Carolina Panthers: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
Another best available pick. Or is it? Thomas Davis is continuing to truck along as a Pro Bowler, but he's not getting any younger. At 33 years-old and a contract expiring at the end of the 2017 season perhaps its time to bring in another beast alongside Kuechly. Promising young OLB Shaq Thompson might have to take a backseat for the 2017 season if Foster was drafted here, but it makes a lot of sense. The Panthers would be getting odds on a top five player in this draft because of two teams QB needs. Imagine for at least one year a LB corps of Davis, Kuechly, Foster and Thompson off the bench. Yikes!

9.Cincinnati Bengals: Solomon Thomas, DE/DT, Stanford
Watch out for this man from Stanford. Solomon Thomas is likely going to blow up his stock at the combine, but as of right now unless Trubisky or Kizer fall in the draft he is likely going to drop. The Bengals here are not only getting a replacement for impending FA defensive tackle Domata Peko, but they are also getting the best player available. Thomas is just a notch...if even, below Jonathan Allen. A defensive line of Carlos Dunlap, Solomon Thomas, Geno Atkins and Michael Johnson seems straight up terrifying.

10.Buffalo Bills: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
Another pick where the player doesn't exactly fit my big board, but he is likely going top 10. Mike Williams to many is the number one WR in this class and with Robert Woods set to hit free agency the Bills will likely want a WR to go next to Sammy Watkins. Regardless, Watkins hasn't been able to really stay healthy or consistent so Williams could end up overtaking him as the no.1 target anyway. We just don't know if Tyrod Taylor will be the one throwing him the football or not.

11.New Orleans Saints: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
With the Saints going defense in the first round last year, they showed they are committed to at least trying to fix this defense. The Saints are a mess at CB, they have a promising young CB in Delvin Breaux, but outside of that they are looking at P.J. Williams, Damian Swann, Sterling Moore, B.W. Webb and the list goes on of below average corners. In steps stud day one starting CB Quincy Wilson. The Saints need to shore up their defense before they think about a playoff run again. Time is running out for Drew Brees to win another Super Bowl, but this pick is a step in the right direction.

12.Cleveland Browns (via Philadelphia Eagles): Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
I almost mocked Marshon Lattimore here, but the possibility of giving the Browns an intriguing front seven made too much sense. If the Browns were to install a pass rush with Barnett and Garrett that would be one way to quickly make an impact to fixing your defense. The Browns with this pick could be looking at a front seven of Derek Barnett, Danny Shelton, Emmanuel Ogbah, Jamie Collins, Demario Davis, Christian Kirksey and Myles Garrett. Talk about an intriguing seven.

13.Arizona Cardinals: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
This pains me to mock my favorite WR in this class to the rival Cardinals, but it makes too much sense for them. The other possibility is to go with Marshon Lattimore or Jalen Tabor to add a CB next to Patrick Peterson, but with Larry Fitzgerald likely calling it quits after 2017 the Cardinals need to be prepared. The other option is Deshaun Watson, who I am not a fan of in this class, but with Trubisky and Kizer off the board I could see the Cardinals tempted to pull the trigger with the clock ticking on Carson Palmer's career.

14.Indianapolis Colts: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
Everyone has Dalvin Cook being mocked to the Colts and I just don't get it. It's especially not something that Chris Ballard who just became the new GM would do. When you look at the Colts offense, they could use some pieces, but they are almost there. When you look their defense? It's rough and Humphrey makes sense because the Colts just got a great year out of Darius Butler, but he happens to be a free agent. Colts would be looking at Patrick Robinson starting which doesn't bode well for the secondary. Humphrey offers play-maker type of traits that Colts fans are dying for.

15.Philadelphia Eagles (via Minnesota Vikings): Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles are the ball carriers in Philly. It's officially gotten bad. Carson Wentz will need a good RB to keep the defense honest and respect the run and that is just what Dalvin Cook is likely to do. Cook was an animal at FSU and would be a huge upgrade over Mathews who was average or slightly above average at his best. Cook has the makings of a potential star.

16.Baltimore Ravens: Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
The Ravens are likely to lose their right tackle Ricky Wagner to free agency. Ramcyzk could likely play left tackle, but he would still be a huge pick even as a right tackle. With Ronnie Stanley at left and Ramcyzk at right, Joe Flacco would practically have a stronghold in front of him to buy him time to get the ball down field. Yes, with Steve Smith retiring you would expect the Ravens to entertain the idea of drafting a WR, but the fact of the matter is after Williams and Davis there isn't much you would consider this early. Ramcyzk is going to have hip surgery which puts his status in question, but he's still likely the best tackle on the board.

17.Washington Redskins: Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan
The Redskins are about to be thin at defensive line and mainly interior due to free agency. Chris Wormley from Michigan offers experience and he offers versatility to play inside or out. He would be relied on most in the run game as he still is a work-in progress as a pass rusher. The other option for the Redskins here is in fact a linebacker like Zach Cunningham from Vanderbilt.

18.Tennessee Titans: Charles Harris, EDGE, Missouri
The choice everyone will be cheering for here is O.J. Howard who is the consensus no.1 TE prospect, but the fans need to realize that this Mizzou edge rusher named Charles Harris is pretty good. He would be a supreme upgrade over Derrick Morgan and continue adding to a team that is on the cusp of breaking through in a big way. There aren't any WR's worth taking here so the Titans can't reach. If they wait until the next couple of rounds Mariota will have himself a weapon or two for the right value.

19.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jabril Peppers, S/LB, Michigan
Everyone will be wondering where this flashy Michigan star will land. Bottom line is Tampa Bay is going to need a safety seeing as they started Chris Conte and Keith Tandy. Also, Bradley McDougald is a free agent, so it's not guaranteed he comes back. Regardless, if he does or not this pick of Peppers makes too much sense. Buccaneers get a face of the defense type of player and they fill a serious need. Peppers could end up falling out of the first, but I think at this point Tampa Bay would take him.

20.Denver Broncos: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
I almost want to put this in sharpie. Donald Stephenson was absolutely horrible last season on the right side of the offensive line and as such the Broncos paid for it. Robinson has some off-the-field concerns in his past so he will likely move a little bit down the board. The Broncos are getting a gift in this case talking about a guy who isn't ready to necessarily man the LT position, but he could play RT right away. If the Broncos are serious about developing Paxton Lynch, they need Robinson to solidify the right side.

21.Detroit Lions: Malik McDowell, DE/DT, Michigan State
With Haloti Ngata not getting any younger and the lack of needs on this Lions team it makes sense to grab a guy who has one of the highest ceilings of any first-round pick. Malik McDowell needs to work on many things, but he could instantly be a pressure nightmare in the middle of the defensive line in Detroit. The Lions drafted A'Shawn Robinson last year and they have Ezekiel Ansah to go with him, but adding McDowell could be lethal, especially if they resign standout d-lineman Kerry Hyder.

22.Miami Dolphins: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
Tough call here for Adam Gase. Do you pick your offensive player or do you go defense? I think Adam Gase is going to go for the offensive play maker. O.J. Howard would instantly start at TE for the Dolphins as he is nothing compared to what they have. He's beyond what they have at TE. With Jordan Cameron unable to stay healthy and Dion Sims being average at best, Howard would give Tannehill a security blanket and a deep threat to stretch the field. Yes, the Dolphins could draft a local star Jalen Tabor, but I see them taking the top TE.

23.New York Giants: Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
The Giants might be interested in O.J. Howard, but he's off the board. Right now there is a clear need at inside linebacker for the Giants. Zach Cunningham is the next man in line after Foster and he has some serious skills. He has the ability to cover real well and is effective against the run. The Giants would see a huge improvement if Cunningham was the man in the middle of their defense next season.

24.Oakland Raiders: Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
The Raiders defensive line doesn't seem as great on the inside as it is on the outside. The interior portion of the line would seem to need a boost and the best player available in Caleb Brantley would be an upgrade. Oakland could go Tabor here as well, but the way Sean Smith and David Amerson played this season, that pick seems unnecessary.

25.Houston Texans: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
It doesn't seem like the Texans have a ton of needs. Except quarterback which is why I have them taking a signal caller here. I like Pat Mahomes the most, but the Texans won't want to wait on Mahomes development. I see the Texans throwing caution to the wind and choosing the QB that just won a National title. Deshaun Watson, in my opinion lacks a lot of the key traits you need to be a starter, but with the way the Texans have been bounced out of the playoffs due to QB play over the last couple of years. They are bound to try something new.

26.Seattle Seahawks: Forrest Lamp, OT/OG, Western Kentucky
Another player I love being mocked to a rival team. Bottom line is this though, I am seeing all sorts of players being mocked to the Seahawks. If it's not an offensive lineman they are making the wrong choice. As soon as Russell Wilson receives the protection he deserves Seattle is going to be back as a legit contender again. Lamp is a guy who's stock is rising. He recently suffered an injury at the senior bowl, but it's likely to not even affect him.

27.Kansas City Chiefs: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
The Chiefs have a star CB in Marcus Peters and sure woud like to upgrade the position across from him. In steps Lattimore from Ohio State who is a great tackling corner, supreme athlete and has the traits to be a quality NFL CB. Lattimore and Peters on top of having Berry re-signed and in that secondary would be the new no-fly zone.

28.Dallas Cowboys: Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
Besides the fact his first name is just pure greatness. Taco, is an absolute need for the Dallas Cowboys. They still lack a pass rusher and it doesn't help that Randy Gregory has been a complete disappointment. Sometimes you go high risk-high reward on a player's character issues and it works out, but so far it has not gone the way Dallas would have liked it. Also, with Morris Claiborne likely hitting free agency, don't be surprised if Dallas goes with Jalen Tabor here.

29.Green Bay Packers: Jalen "Teez" Tabor, CB, Florida
One of my absolute favorite corners in this draft Tabor plays with an edge. The Falcons exposed the Packers secondary for what they truly were in the playoffs. The fact is that the Packers lack CB's, some of that in part due to injury, but the Packers still deserve the blame for letting Casey Hayward, Davon House and Tramon Williams go in free agency. Ladarius Gunter was abused all playoff long so it would be smart for the Packers to grab no.1 CB. Tabor would offer physicality and ball hawking ability that Green Bay so desperately needs.

30.Pittsburgh Steelers: Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Someone who is flying up draft boards is Haason Reddick by way of Temple. Reddick, makes a lot of sense here for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Ryan Shazier is losing his teammate Lawrence Timmons to free agency even if the Steelers choose to re-sign him there is an option out there they likely can't pass up on in the form of Reddick. Reddick has the athleticism to combine with Shazier and become one of the most dynamic linebacker duos in all of football.

31.New England Patriots: Tim Williams, EDGE, Alabama
The Patriots have somewhat of an Alabama connection and they will likely add another one at the end of the first round. With Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones gone, they will look to add an edge rusher like Williams.

32.Atlanta Falcons: Dan Feeney, G, Indiana
The Falcons really don't have many needs anymore since Dan Quinn took over. They could use a defensive tackle, but there aren't really any worth taking this early. Dan Feeney is a perfect pick for the Falcons who can continue to bolster their already very good offensive line. Chris Chester is average and he's on his way to free agency anyway. He appeared to be the only thing close to a weak link, so adding a solid guard like Feeney would be a win for the Atlanta Falcons.

Second Round

33.Cleveland Browns: Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
Here's the deal, you may think the Browns need a QB. I don't. What they do need is a center that isn't going to do his best impression of a human turnstile. I honestly can't believe how bad Cameron Erving has been and the Browns need to put him on the bench and get a starter at center immediately. Pocic is very athletic and excels in pass protection which is something every QB lacked up the middle this season.

34.San Francisco 49ers: Juju-Smith Schuster, WR, USC
Rule of thumb, when you draft a QB in the first round to a team who has no weapons for him you need to address that first. Juju Smith-Schuster was the odds on favorite to be a top five pick at the start of the season, but he's fallen in the eyes of scouts. Regardless, at 34 overall this would be a great pick for the 49ers. Kizer and Smith would be able to grow together. Reminder: Jeremy Kerley was their leading WR last year.

35.Jacksonville Jaguars: Obi Melifonwu, S, UConn
Freakish athleticism? Check. Need? Check. Want? Check. The Jaguars likely understand that they don't have many holes to fill on the offensive side of the ball, but with John Cyprien hitting free agency it appears going for a 6-foot-3 safety who is a freak of nature is a way of flipping Cyprien off and moving on.

36.Chicago Bears: Garett Bolles, OT, Alabama
The Bears were starting Charles Leno at Left tackle. Yikes. The Bears need a guy like Bolles. Maybe Bolles doesn't pan out at LT, but if need be he could go to the right side and move Bobby Massie into the LT spot. Bears are going to need to protect their future franchise QB in Mitch Trubisky.

37.Los Angeles Rams: Taylor Moton, OT, Western Michigan
Well, this was orginally Forrest Lamp, but I think his versatility and consistency puts him in the first round. However, there was a guy who no one really mentioned that happened to have a really good week of practices at the Senior Bowl and that was Taylor Moton. The Rams have no clue what they are doing at LT and to be honest placing Taylor Moton there day one would be better than anything Greg Robinson has done since he was drafted. Moton looked really good against Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl this year and he shows off the ability to be a solid LT at the next level.

38.Los Angeles Chargers: Takkarist McKinley, EDGE, UCLA
Inconsistent often times, but freakish athletic ability. Takkarist McKinley might have to be the choice here if the Chargers let Melvin Ingram go. McKinley likely would need to commit to being on the defensive line, but he translates more to the Chargers previous scheme, a 3-4.

39.New York Jets: Adoree Jackson, CB, USC
The Jets strike gold on value and explosiveness. Adoree Jackson and Leonard Fournette in the same draft is enough to make Jets fans lose their minds. Jackson gives the Jets a CB that can replace Darrelle Revis, who has completely washed up to this point in his career. He also offers a game breaker trait in his ability to change the momentum with his stellar kick and punt return ability. Jackson can also play WR if need be. He has it all and would surely be a fan favorite.

40.Carolina Panthers: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
I was almost going to put Christian McCaffrey, but I felt like Foreman is the more durable back and will last longer in the NFL. Foreman isn't a pick to complement Johnathan Stewart, he is the pick to take over for him. Foreman has the ability to finish runs and bull linebackers over like they are nothing. Foreman is going to have a long career in the NFL and he could change the complexity of the Panthers offense immediately.

41.Cincinnati Bengals: Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy
The Bengals could try and get an edge rusher here, but I think it makes more sense to prepare to replace Kevin Zeitler or even Andrew Whitworth. Adding another athletic offensive lineman shouldn't hurt. Garcia could really end up being a stud.

42.New Orleans Saints: Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
My favorite QB in this draft goes to the perfect situation. Mahomes is not ready to contribute at a solid level right away, but with time watching and learning under a hall of famer like Drew Brees. The development and growth could come quick. We don't know how long Brees is going to be around, but the Saints need to grab their guy they know will be ready when he hangs up his cleats. I think Mahomes would thrive in that Asshole Face offense.

43.Philadelphia Eagles: Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
The Eagles have a good looking defense in my opinion. Really the only weakness is at CB. Leodis McKelvin wasn't bad, but Nolan Carroll is a free agent and Jalen Mills was rated one of the worst CB's by Pro Football Focus. Tre'Davious White showed a great amount of maturity staying behind last year and going back to school. He became more disciplined and more consistent at CB. White has a lower ceiling and less elite athleticism than the first-round corners. However, White will give you consistent and solid CB play and he is likely to translate seamlessly to the NFL.

44.Buffalo Bills: T.J. Watt, EDGE, Wisconsin
J.J. Watt's brother is definitely reaping the benefits of having the Watt name. He's not just being highly thought of because of the name though. Make no mistake this Watt is actually a really good pass rusher. The Bills got an incredible year out of Lorenzo Alexander, but to expect that again at his age would be asinine. The already got their playmaker star WR in Mike Williams in this draft. It's too early to draft a QB, so Watt makes a lot of sense here.

45.Arizona Cardinals: Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
I have to imagine the Cardinals are praying for Mahomes to fall here. He goes to the Saints and so the Cardinals decide to get Patrick Peterson a guy on the other side of the field. Gareon Conley could shoot himself into the first round with the combine approaching, but the Cardinals would be fine taking him at 45.

46.Minnesota Vikings: Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell
Honestly, the Vikings need a guy right now that can just solidify the tackle spot, Davenport is the opposite. He's going to be a grueling project. For scouts they either love him or hate him. The Vikings don't have many options and so I think they might just hope for the best with Davenport.

47.Baltimore Ravens: Dawuane Smoot, EDGE, Illinois
The Ravens need to be prepared for life after Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil. I see the possibility of Jarrad Davis out of Florida as the pick here, but an edge rusher like Smoot is probably the more likely pick.

48.Indianapolis Colts: Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida
Speak of the devil...Jarrad Davis fits like a glove for a team like Indy that absolutely needs some inside linebacker help. This team could use a total makeover on the defensive side of the ball and I trust new GM Chris Ballard already knows it.

49.Washington Redskins: Budda Baker, S, Washington
The Redskins had to sign guys off the street to make ends meet at safety. It's time they go out and get a hard hitting safety that will make you think twice about attacking the middle of the field. Budda Baker, doesn't have elite size, but he can hit hard and cover. Redskins will take that any day.

50.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
The Buccaneers don't really have a choice at RB. The guy they just paid like a king is sitting in rehab right now and the other guy they had high hopes for hasn't lived up to them. Alvin Kamara isn't going to light the world on fire, but he is a solid prospect that could very well start day one.

51.Denver Broncos: Carroll Phillips, EDGE, Illinois
This could be a star power type of pick here if Phillips keeps his head on straight. He suffered a draft board plummet because of his off-the-field issues, but if he didn't have them he's an obvious first round talent. Broncos have a great defense and are going to be looking to bolster it with this pick.

52.Cleveland Browns: Desmond King, CB, Iowa
With Joe Haden battling injuries over the course of his career and not much help around him the pick of Desmond King makes all too much sense. Cleveland needs to continue to build that defense.

53.Detroit Lions: Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M
I am not too fond of the Lions safeties. Glover Quinn is getting up there in age and Tavon Wilson doesn't strike fear into anyone. Insert A&M's smooth tackling and play making safety.

54.Miami Dolphins: John Ross, WR, Washington
The Dolphins have their big bodied WR in the form of former first round pick Devante Parker and their possession and shifty play maker in Jarvis Landry. With Kenny Stills likely leaving in free agency, there is a deep threat spot open. John Ross will gladly take that job as a WR that needs to beat corners and safeties over the top with his likely 4.3 speed.

55.New York Giants: DeMarcus Walker, DE/DT, Florida State
The Giants need to have a back up plan for either Jason Pierre Paul or even Jonathan Hankins. Both players are free agents. Walker would be a good replacement if the Giants didn't want to splurge on their own guy in JPP. Spurning a re-signing of JPP and drafting Walker seems like the best move here for the Giants.

56.Oakland Raiders: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Finally McCaffrey comes off the board. I expect him to fall because he wouldn't participate in any post season activities and scouts docked him for that. The Raiders are going to let Latavius Murray go and might feel as though McCaffrey could be the guy. If not, the Raiders still have Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington to run the football.

57.Houston Texans: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson
Another Clemson Tiger goes to Houston. This time it's on the defensive side of the ball. Carlos Watkins will likely need to come in and replace former nose tackle Vince Wilfork who is likely retiring.

58.Seattle Seahawks: Dion Dawkins, G, Temple
This is the tale of just going out and finding men that can protect your most prized possession. Russell Wilson has endured way too many hits way too early in his career. The Seahawks need to start protecting him before QB becomes a need.

59.Kansas City Chiefs: Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
The Chiefs are lacking at WR regardless of what many think. That was magnified in their close loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs. Cooper Kupp would give the chiefs a guy that can be the reliable third down option, but also a guy who can create separation and dominate the defense with quick slants.

60.Dallas Cowboys: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
Where are all the CB's at? That could be the main dialogue of the Cowboys offs season. They are going to have to work hard to hold onto Morris Claiborne. Luckily this is a pretty good CB class and Tankersley is worth the selection.

61.Green Bay Packers: Ryan Anderson, EDGE, Alabama
The Packers are likely to lose Julius Peppers to retirement and Nick Perry is entering free agency. Ryan Anderson has the makings of a solid edge rusher that would help the Packers out big time.

62.Pittsburgh Steelers: Carl Lawson, EDGE, Auburn
With the Steelers in this spot it's somewhat of a need with James Harrison and Lawrence Timmons set to become free agents, but also it's kind of a luxury. The Steelers don't have a ton of needs. Carl Lawson is a better player than this draft slot. He has battled serious injury in his young college career and that has robbed him of the first round. However, Lawson is a good edge rusher and if he stayed healthy the Steelers would be getting magnificent value with this pick.

63.New England Patriots: Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
The Patriots never replaced parts of their interior line. Johnson would be the right move this early in the draft.

64.Atlanta Falcons: Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington
The Falcons whether they win or lose the Super Bowl will need to replace Johnathan Babineaux. Elijah Qualls is somewhat limited and may have benefited staying in school another year, but he's in the draft and is still a solid option for Atlanta.

Third Round

65.Cleveland Browns: Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama

66.San Francisco 49ers: Garrett Sickels, DE, Penn State

67.Chicago Bears: Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss

68.Jacksonville Jaguars: Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee

69.Los Angeles Rams: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

70.New York Jets: David Njoku, TE, Miami

71.Los Angeles Chargers: Adam Bisnowaty, OT, Pittsburgh

72.Carolina Panthers: Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma

73.Cincinnati Bengals: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan

74.Philadelphia Eagles: Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina

75.Buffalo Bills: Marcus Maye, S, Florida

76.New Orleans Saints: Nico Siragusa, G, San Diego State

77.Arizona Cardinals: Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami

78.Baltimore Ravens: Isaiah Ford, WR, Virginia Tech

79.Indianapolis Colts: Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson

80.Minnesota Vikings: Nazair Jones, DE/DT, North Carolina

81.Washington Redskins: Chris Goodwin, WR, Penn State

82.Denver Broncos: Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma

83.Tennessee Titans: Noah Brown, WR, Ohio State

84.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jordan Willis, EDGE, Kansas State

85.Detroit Lions: Anthony Walker Jr., ILB, Northwestern

86.Minnesota Vikings (via Miami Dolphins): Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming

87.New York Giants: Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State

88.Oakland Raiders: Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA

89.Houston Texans: Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M

90.Seattle Seahawks: Montravius Adams, DE/DT, Auburn

91.Kansas City Chiefs: Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State

92.Dallas Cowboys: Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

93.Green Bay Packers: Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo

94.Pittsburgh Steelers: Rasual Douglas, CB, West Virginia

95.New England Patriots: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan

96.Atlanta Falcons: Tyus Bowser, EDGE, Houston

97.Denver Broncos (Compensatory): Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State

98.Miami Dolphins (Compensatory): Marcus Williams, S, Utah

99.Carolina Panthers (Compensatory): Lorenzo Jerome, S, St.Francis

100.Baltimore Ravens (Compensatory): Dalvin Thomlinson, DT, Alabama

101.Tennessee Titans (via Los Angeles Rams Compensatory): Jordan Morgan, G, Kutztown

102.Denver Broncos (Compensatory): David Sharpe, G, Florida

103.New England Patriots (via Cleveland Browns Compensatory): Ezra Robinson, CB, Tennessee State

104.Kansas City Chiefs (Compensatory): Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh

105.Seattle Seahawks (Compensatory): Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova

Fourth Round

106.Cleveland Browns: Kelly Parfitt, OT, Florida Atlantic

107.San Francisco 49ers: Kendall Beckwith, ILB, LSU

108.Jacksonville Jaguars: Isaac Asiata, G, Utah

109.Chicago Bears: Fish Smithson, S, Kansas

110.Los Angeles Rams: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU

111.Los Angeles Chargers: Pat Elflein, C, Ohio State

112.Washington Redskins (via New York Jets): Billy Price, G, Ohio State

113.Carolina Panthers: Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA

114.Cincinnati Bengals: Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama

115.Chicago Bears (via Buffalo Bills): Damore'ea Stringefellow, WR, Ole Miss

116.Philadelphia Eagles: Shleton Gibson, WR, West Virginia

117.Arizona Cardinals: Elijah Hood, RB, North Carolina

118.Indianapolis Colts: DeVonte Fields, EDGE, Louisville

119.Minnesota Vikings: Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan

120.Baltimore Ravens: Kai Nacua, S, BYU

121.Washington Redskins: Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

122.Tennessee Titans: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State

123.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama

124.Denver Broncos: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

125.Detroit Lions: Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech

126.Minnesota Vikings: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia

127.Oakland Raiders: Tanzel Smart, DT, Tulane

128.Houston Texans: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson

129.New England Patriots: Jalen Robinette, WR, Air Force

130.New York Giants: Travin Dural, WR, LSU

131.New York Jets (Compensatory): Chad Williams, WR, Grambling

132.Cincinnati Bengals (Compensatory): Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida

133.Philadelphia Eagles (via Cleveland Browns Compensatory): Duke Riley, LB, LSU

134.Los Angeles Rams (Compensatory): Joe Mathis, EDGE, Washington

135.Cleveland Browns (Compensatory): Alex Anzalone, LB, Florida

136.Indianapolis Colts (Compensatory): Davis Webb, QB, California

137.San Francisco 49ers (Compensatory): Chad Wheeler, OT, USC

138.Cincinnati Bengals (Compensatory): K.D. Cannon, WR, Baylor

139.Denver Broncos (Compensatory): Travis Rudolph, WR, Florida State

Sound off below and let us know what you think!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a mock before the Combine. There are always going to be a lot of issues with it. I won't create a list of all the issues I have. Personally, I'd be very disappointed in the Rams draft in this scenario.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a mock before the Combine. There are always going to be a lot of issues with it. I won't create a list of all the issues I have. Personally, I'd be very disappointed in the Rams draft in this scenario.
Yeah, this is from right after the senior bowl. I have since changed some of my views on the Rams draft. However, I put a ton of work into this one and I still am proud of it as a whole. I really hope we draft EDGE Jojo Mathis from Washington and Malachi Dupre from LSU. Those are the guys I really want in the middle of the draft.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, this is from right after the senior bowl. I have since changed some of my views on the Rams draft. However, I put a ton of work into this one and I still am proud of it as a whole. I really hope we draft EDGE Jojo Mathis from Washington and Malachi Dupre from LSU. Those are the guys I really want in the middle of the draft.

I'd be very disappointed if we passed on Jourdan Lewis for Awuzie. Awuzie is overrated. He's not the best CB prospect from Colorado.

I haven't had time to evaluate Dupre or Mathis myself, but people whom I trust didn't have glowing things to say about them. I think there will likely be better WRs available than Dupre at that point in the 4th.

spamlord

Rookie
227364_911d1a9d7ae649658214f4aad538c882~mv2.webp

http://www.downtownrams.com/single-...nbogens-Four-round-Pre-NFL-Combine-Mock-Draft

Now that all of the exhibition college games have been completed, I give you my four-round mock draft before we enter the NFL combine period. Since the Rams don't have a first-round pick this year, I have decided not to make just a first-round mock since it would have no bearing towards anything Rams. In this mock I will not include trades, but I will include compensation picks. Thanks for reading and don't forget to sound off down below.

First Round

1.Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett, EDGE, Texas A&M
I am going to start off by saying this, my no.1 overall player in this class is Jonathan Allen, but as Adam Schefter reported awhile back. The Browns have an "astronomical" grade on Myles Garrett. I like Garrett, but believe it or not my top edge rusher is Joe Mathis from Washington. However, I think it's hard to bet against Garrett as the pick here, the Browns are lacking a ton on the defensive side of the ball and while it may seem like a good idea to pick a QB...I think that would be a huge mistake. The Browns need to give Cody Kessler a chance to develop and even if they don't believe in him there is a signal-caller in New England that is waiting for his chance.

2.San Francisco 49ers: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
He was my no.1 overall QB in this draft class until I looked deeply into Texas Tech QB Pat Mahomes. Kizer is likely going to be the next QB of the 49ers. He has enough to his arsenal where he would be tempting enough to take. The other option here is Mitch Trubisky from UNC, who has the quick release and accuracy, but lacks the pure athleticism and arm strength of Kizer. With the 49ers likely in the midst of a long rebuild, Kizer makes sense as you can grow around a raw rookie QB.

3.Chicago Bears: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
I think Jonathan Allen makes a ton of sense here, but with the uncertainty at QB for the Chicago Bears, it's likely John Fox wants a new QB. Mitch Trubisky, isn't flashy by any means, but he would be a solid enough pick to try and develop. If Jay Cutler is the man moving forward then Trubisky can learn sitting behind him. Matt Barkley showed some flashes of what he could be, but overall he was too turnover-prone. I said the Bears should've drafted Paxton Lynch last year and now I have them taking another QB a year later.

4.Jacksonville Jaguars: Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama
This pick becomes the value pick the New York Jets received in 2015 with Leonard Williams. Jacksonville in my mock draft ends up with in my opinion, the best prospect in the draft Jonathan Allen. Allen reminds me of Aaron Donald, he's that good. What is impressive is the way he was able to shed double teams this season. He's quick at the point of attack and can really look freaky athletic when he's seen diving at the QB. Jacksonville's defense showed some flashes at times, but they are missing a game-breaker. Allen could step in right away and he would be my Rookie of the Year front runner.

5.Tennessee Titans (via Los Angeles Rams): Jamal Adams, S, LSU
The Titans fleeced the Rams unfortunately, but they are in position to make some noise. The obvious choice here is Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker. I am going with Adams since he is the one who isn't getting surgery and won't miss the combine...The Titans have a good strong safety in Da'Norris Searcy and a good backup in Kevin Byard, but as good and promising as Byard is. We are talking about an elite safety prospect that would take over for veteran Rashad Johnson. Adams would instantly perk up that secondary. Watch out people, the Titans can gain a ton of ground after this draft haul.

6.New York Jets: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
Obviously it's going to be tough for the Jets to pass on Malik Hooker, but they need to give Jets fans something to cheer about. I went down to the Jets and Rams game in 2016 and it was a sad affair. The fans have no faith in their offense and actually were jealous of the Rams offense at one point in the game. Fournette may seem very risky due to his injury issues at LSU, but he is the choice that will make it easier for their young QB Christian Hackenberg, who they spent a second round pick on.

7.Los Angeles Chargers: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
Well, this would make my Chargers friends happy. Malik Hooker is another elite safety prospect in this draft who to me is right on the same level as Jamal Adams. The Chargers unfortunately let Eric Weddle go last season only for him to tear it up in Baltimore all season. Now standout safety Jahleel Addae is likely to hit free agency and the Chargers will need to grab a playmaker on defense to get their new L.A. fan base excited. Hooker would be a great pick for the Chargers and the fans wouldn't have any issue with it.

8.Carolina Panthers: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
Another best available pick. Or is it? Thomas Davis is continuing to truck along as a Pro Bowler, but he's not getting any younger. At 33 years-old and a contract expiring at the end of the 2017 season perhaps its time to bring in another beast alongside Kuechly. Promising young OLB Shaq Thompson might have to take a backseat for the 2017 season if Foster was drafted here, but it makes a lot of sense. The Panthers would be getting odds on a top five player in this draft because of two teams QB needs. Imagine for at least one year a LB corps of Davis, Kuechly, Foster and Thompson off the bench. Yikes!

9.Cincinnati Bengals: Solomon Thomas, DE/DT, Stanford
Watch out for this man from Stanford. Solomon Thomas is likely going to blow up his stock at the combine, but as of right now unless Trubisky or Kizer fall in the draft he is likely going to drop. The Bengals here are not only getting a replacement for impending FA defensive tackle Domata Peko, but they are also getting the best player available. Thomas is just a notch...if even, below Jonathan Allen. A defensive line of Carlos Dunlap, Solomon Thomas, Geno Atkins and Michael Johnson seems straight up terrifying.

10.Buffalo Bills: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
Another pick where the player doesn't exactly fit my big board, but he is likely going top 10. Mike Williams to many is the number one WR in this class and with Robert Woods set to hit free agency the Bills will likely want a WR to go next to Sammy Watkins. Regardless, Watkins hasn't been able to really stay healthy or consistent so Williams could end up overtaking him as the no.1 target anyway. We just don't know if Tyrod Taylor will be the one throwing him the football or not.

With the Saints going defense in the first round last year, they showed they are committed to at least trying to fix this defense. The Saints are a mess at CB, they have a promising young CB in Delvin Breaux, but outside of that they are looking at P.J. Williams, Damian Swann, Sterling Moore, B.W. Webb and the list goes on of below average corners. In steps stud day one starting CB Quincy Wilson. The Saints need to shore up their defense before they think about a playoff run again. Time is running out for Drew Brees to win another Super Bowl, but this pick is a step in the right direction.

12.Cleveland Browns (via Philadelphia Eagles): Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
I almost mocked Marshon Lattimore here, but the possibility of giving the Browns an intriguing front seven made too much sense. If the Browns were to install a pass rush with Barnett and Garrett that would be one way to quickly make an impact to fixing your defense. The Browns with this pick could be looking at a front seven of Derek Barnett, Danny Shelton, Emmanuel Ogbah, Jamie Collins, Demario Davis, Christian Kirksey and Myles Garrett. Talk about an intriguing seven.

13.Arizona Cardinals: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
This pains me to mock my favorite WR in this class to the rival Cardinals, but it makes too much sense for them. The other possibility is to go with Marshon Lattimore or Jalen Tabor to add a CB next to Patrick Peterson, but with Larry Fitzgerald likely calling it quits after 2017 the Cardinals need to be prepared. The other option is Deshaun Watson, who I am not a fan of in this class, but with Trubisky and Kizer off the board I could see the Cardinals tempted to pull the trigger with the clock ticking on Carson Palmer's career.

14.Indianapolis Colts: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
Everyone has Dalvin Cook being mocked to the Colts and I just don't get it. It's especially not something that Chris Ballard who just became the new GM would do. When you look at the Colts offense, they could use some pieces, but they are almost there. When you look their defense? It's rough and Humphrey makes sense because the Colts just got a great year out of Darius Butler, but he happens to be a free agent. Colts would be looking at Patrick Robinson starting which doesn't bode well for the secondary. Humphrey offers play-maker type of traits that Colts fans are dying for.

15.Philadelphia Eagles (via Minnesota Vikings): Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles are the ball carriers in Philly. It's officially gotten bad. Carson Wentz will need a good RB to keep the defense honest and respect the run and that is just what Dalvin Cook is likely to do. Cook was an animal at FSU and would be a huge upgrade over Mathews who was average or slightly above average at his best. Cook has the makings of a potential star.

16.Baltimore Ravens: Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
The Ravens are likely to lose their right tackle Ricky Wagner to free agency. Ramcyzk could likely play left tackle, but he would still be a huge pick even as a right tackle. With Ronnie Stanley at left and Ramcyzk at right, Joe Flacco would practically have a stronghold in front of him to buy him time to get the ball down field. Yes, with Steve Smith retiring you would expect the Ravens to entertain the idea of drafting a WR, but the fact of the matter is after Williams and Davis there isn't much you would consider this early. Ramcyzk is going to have hip surgery which puts his status in question, but he's still likely the best tackle on the board.

17.Washington Redskins: Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan
The Redskins are about to be thin at defensive line and mainly interior due to free agency. Chris Wormley from Michigan offers experience and he offers versatility to play inside or out. He would be relied on most in the run game as he still is a work-in progress as a pass rusher. The other option for the Redskins here is in fact a linebacker like Zach Cunningham from Vanderbilt.

18.Tennessee Titans: Charles Harris, EDGE, Missouri
The choice everyone will be cheering for here is O.J. Howard who is the consensus no.1 TE prospect, but the fans need to realize that this Mizzou edge rusher named Charles Harris is pretty good. He would be a supreme upgrade over Derrick Morgan and continue adding to a team that is on the cusp of breaking through in a big way. There aren't any WR's worth taking here so the Titans can't reach. If they wait until the next couple of rounds Mariota will have himself a weapon or two for the right value.

19.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jabril Peppers, S/LB, Michigan
Everyone will be wondering where this flashy Michigan star will land. Bottom line is Tampa Bay is going to need a safety seeing as they started Chris Conte and Keith Tandy. Also, Bradley McDougald is a free agent, so it's not guaranteed he comes back. Regardless, if he does or not this pick of Peppers makes too much sense. Buccaneers get a face of the defense type of player and they fill a serious need. Peppers could end up falling out of the first, but I think at this point Tampa Bay would take him.

20.Denver Broncos: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
I almost want to put this in sharpie. Donald Stephenson was absolutely horrible last season on the right side of the offensive line and as such the Broncos paid for it. Robinson has some off-the-field concerns in his past so he will likely move a little bit down the board. The Broncos are getting a gift in this case talking about a guy who isn't ready to necessarily man the LT position, but he could play RT right away. If the Broncos are serious about developing Paxton Lynch, they need Robinson to solidify the right side.

21.Detroit Lions: Malik McDowell, DE/DT, Michigan State
With Haloti Ngata not getting any younger and the lack of needs on this Lions team it makes sense to grab a guy who has one of the highest ceilings of any first-round pick. Malik McDowell needs to work on many things, but he could instantly be a pressure nightmare in the middle of the defensive line in Detroit. The Lions drafted A'Shawn Robinson last year and they have Ezekiel Ansah to go with him, but adding McDowell could be lethal, especially if they resign standout d-lineman Kerry Hyder.

22.Miami Dolphins: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
Tough call here for Adam Gase. Do you pick your offensive player or do you go defense? I think Adam Gase is going to go for the offensive play maker. O.J. Howard would instantly start at TE for the Dolphins as he is nothing compared to what they have. He's beyond what they have at TE. With Jordan Cameron unable to stay healthy and Dion Sims being average at best, Howard would give Tannehill a security blanket and a deep threat to stretch the field. Yes, the Dolphins could draft a local star Jalen Tabor, but I see them taking the top TE.

23.New York Giants: Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
The Giants might be interested in O.J. Howard, but he's off the board. Right now there is a clear need at inside linebacker for the Giants. Zach Cunningham is the next man in line after Foster and he has some serious skills. He has the ability to cover real well and is effective against the run. The Giants would see a huge improvement if Cunningham was the man in the middle of their defense next season.

24.Oakland Raiders: Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
The Raiders defensive line doesn't seem as great on the inside as it is on the outside. The interior portion of the line would seem to need a boost and the best player available in Caleb Brantley would be an upgrade. Oakland could go Tabor here as well, but the way Sean Smith and David Amerson played this season, that pick seems unnecessary.

25.Houston Texans: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
It doesn't seem like the Texans have a ton of needs. Except quarterback which is why I have them taking a signal caller here. I like Pat Mahomes the most, but the Texans won't want to wait on Mahomes development. I see the Texans throwing caution to the wind and choosing the QB that just won a National title. Deshaun Watson, in my opinion lacks a lot of the key traits you need to be a starter, but with the way the Texans have been bounced out of the playoffs due to QB play over the last couple of years. They are bound to try something new.

26.Seattle Seahawks: Forrest Lamp, OT/OG, Western Kentucky
Another player I love being mocked to a rival team. Bottom line is this though, I am seeing all sorts of players being mocked to the Seahawks. If it's not an offensive lineman they are making the wrong choice. As soon as Russell Wilson receives the protection he deserves Seattle is going to be back as a legit contender again. Lamp is a guy who's stock is rising. He recently suffered an injury at the senior bowl, but it's likely to not even affect him.

27.Kansas City Chiefs: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
The Chiefs have a star CB in Marcus Peters and sure woud like to upgrade the position across from him. In steps Lattimore from Ohio State who is a great tackling corner, supreme athlete and has the traits to be a quality NFL CB. Lattimore and Peters on top of having Berry re-signed and in that secondary would be the new no-fly zone.

28.Dallas Cowboys: Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
Besides the fact his first name is just pure greatness. Taco, is an absolute need for the Dallas Cowboys. They still lack a pass rusher and it doesn't help that Randy Gregory has been a complete disappointment. Sometimes you go high risk-high reward on a player's character issues and it works out, but so far it has not gone the way Dallas would have liked it. Also, with Morris Claiborne likely hitting free agency, don't be surprised if Dallas goes with Jalen Tabor here.

29.Green Bay Packers: Jalen "Teez" Tabor, CB, Florida
One of my absolute favorite corners in this draft Tabor plays with an edge. The Falcons exposed the Packers secondary for what they truly were in the playoffs. The fact is that the Packers lack CB's, some of that in part due to injury, but the Packers still deserve the blame for letting Casey Hayward, Davon House and Tramon Williams go in free agency. Ladarius Gunter was abused all playoff long so it would be smart for the Packers to grab no.1 CB. Tabor would offer physicality and ball hawking ability that Green Bay so desperately needs.

30.Pittsburgh Steelers: Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Someone who is flying up draft boards is Haason Reddick by way of Temple. Reddick, makes a lot of sense here for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Ryan Shazier is losing his teammate Lawrence Timmons to free agency even if the Steelers choose to re-sign him there is an option out there they likely can't pass up on in the form of Reddick. Reddick has the athleticism to combine with Shazier and become one of the most dynamic linebacker duos in all of football.

31.New England Patriots: Tim Williams, EDGE, Alabama
The Patriots have somewhat of an Alabama connection and they will likely add another one at the end of the first round. With Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones gone, they will look to add an edge rusher like Williams.

32.Atlanta Falcons: Dan Feeney, G, Indiana
The Falcons really don't have many needs anymore since Dan Quinn took over. They could use a defensive tackle, but there aren't really any worth taking this early. Dan Feeney is a perfect pick for the Falcons who can continue to bolster their already very good offensive line. Chris Chester is average and he's on his way to free agency anyway. He appeared to be the only thing close to a weak link, so adding a solid guard like Feeney would be a win for the Atlanta Falcons.

Second Round

33.Cleveland Browns: Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
Here's the deal, you may think the Browns need a QB. I don't. What they do need is a center that isn't going to do his best impression of a human turnstile. I honestly can't believe how bad Cameron Erving has been and the Browns need to put him on the bench and get a starter at center immediately. Pocic is very athletic and excels in pass protection which is something every QB lacked up the middle this season.

34.San Francisco 49ers: Juju-Smith Schuster, WR, USC
Rule of thumb, when you draft a QB in the first round to a team who has no weapons for him you need to address that first. Juju Smith-Schuster was the odds on favorite to be a top five pick at the start of the season, but he's fallen in the eyes of scouts. Regardless, at 34 overall this would be a great pick for the 49ers. Kizer and Smith would be able to grow together. Reminder: Jeremy Kerley was their leading WR last year.

35.Jacksonville Jaguars: Obi Melifonwu, S, UConn
Freakish athleticism? Check. Need? Check. Want? Check. The Jaguars likely understand that they don't have many holes to fill on the offensive side of the ball, but with John Cyprien hitting free agency it appears going for a 6-foot-3 safety who is a freak of nature is a way of flipping Cyprien off and moving on.

36.Chicago Bears: Garett Bolles, OT, Alabama
The Bears were starting Charles Leno at Left tackle. Yikes. The Bears need a guy like Bolles. Maybe Bolles doesn't pan out at LT, but if need be he could go to the right side and move Bobby Massie into the LT spot. Bears are going to need to protect their future franchise QB in Mitch Trubisky.

37.Los Angeles Rams: Taylor Moton, OT, Western Michigan
Well, this was orginally Forrest Lamp, but I think his versatility and consistency puts him in the first round. However, there was a guy who no one really mentioned that happened to have a really good week of practices at the Senior Bowl and that was Taylor Moton. The Rams have no clue what they are doing at LT and to be honest placing Taylor Moton there day one would be better than anything Greg Robinson has done since he was drafted. Moton looked really good against Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl this year and he shows off the ability to be a solid LT at the next level.

38.Los Angeles Chargers: Takkarist McKinley, EDGE, UCLA
Inconsistent often times, but freakish athletic ability. Takkarist McKinley might have to be the choice here if the Chargers let Melvin Ingram go. McKinley likely would need to commit to being on the defensive line, but he translates more to the Chargers previous scheme, a 3-4.

39.New York Jets: Adoree Jackson, CB, USC
The Jets strike gold on value and explosiveness. Adoree Jackson and Leonard Fournette in the same draft is enough to make Jets fans lose their minds. Jackson gives the Jets a CB that can replace Darrelle Revis, who has completely washed up to this point in his career. He also offers a game breaker trait in his ability to change the momentum with his stellar kick and punt return ability. Jackson can also play WR if need be. He has it all and would surely be a fan favorite.

40.Carolina Panthers: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
I was almost going to put Christian McCaffrey, but I felt like Foreman is the more durable back and will last longer in the NFL. Foreman isn't a pick to complement Johnathan Stewart, he is the pick to take over for him. Foreman has the ability to finish runs and bull linebackers over like they are nothing. Foreman is going to have a long career in the NFL and he could change the complexity of the Panthers offense immediately.

41.Cincinnati Bengals: Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy
The Bengals could try and get an edge rusher here, but I think it makes more sense to prepare to replace Kevin Zeitler or even Andrew Whitworth. Adding another athletic offensive lineman shouldn't hurt. Garcia could really end up being a stud.

42.New Orleans Saints: Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
My favorite QB in this draft goes to the perfect situation. Mahomes is not ready to contribute at a solid level right away, but with time watching and learning under a hall of famer like Drew Brees. The development and growth could come quick. We don't know how long Brees is going to be around, but the Saints need to grab their guy they know will be ready when he hangs up his cleats. I think Mahomes would thrive in that Asshole Face offense.

43.Philadelphia Eagles: Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
The Eagles have a good looking defense in my opinion. Really the only weakness is at CB. Leodis McKelvin wasn't bad, but Nolan Carroll is a free agent and Jalen Mills was rated one of the worst CB's by Pro Football Focus. Tre'Davious White showed a great amount of maturity staying behind last year and going back to school. He became more disciplined and more consistent at CB. White has a lower ceiling and less elite athleticism than the first-round corners. However, White will give you consistent and solid CB play and he is likely to translate seamlessly to the NFL.

44.Buffalo Bills: T.J. Watt, EDGE, Wisconsin
J.J. Watt's brother is definitely reaping the benefits of having the Watt name. He's not just being highly thought of because of the name though. Make no mistake this Watt is actually a really good pass rusher. The Bills got an incredible year out of Lorenzo Alexander, but to expect that again at his age would be asinine. The already got their playmaker star WR in Mike Williams in this draft. It's too early to draft a QB, so Watt makes a lot of sense here.

45.Arizona Cardinals: Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
I have to imagine the Cardinals are praying for Mahomes to fall here. He goes to the Saints and so the Cardinals decide to get Patrick Peterson a guy on the other side of the field. Gareon Conley could shoot himself into the first round with the combine approaching, but the Cardinals would be fine taking him at 45.

Honestly, the Vikings need a guy right now that can just solidify the tackle spot, Davenport is the opposite. He's going to be a grueling project. For scouts they either love him or hate him. The Vikings don't have many options and so I think they might just hope for the best with Davenport.

47.Baltimore Ravens: Dawuane Smoot, EDGE, Illinois
The Ravens need to be prepared for life after Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil. I see the possibility of Jarrad Davis out of Florida as the pick here, but an edge rusher like Smoot is probably the more likely pick.

48.Indianapolis Colts: Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida
Speak of the devil...Jarrad Davis fits like a glove for a team like Indy that absolutely needs some inside linebacker help. This team could use a total makeover on the defensive side of the ball and I trust new GM Chris Ballard already knows it.

49.Washington Redskins: Budda Baker, S, Washington
The Redskins had to sign guys off the street to make ends meet at safety. It's time they go out and get a hard hitting safety that will make you think twice about attacking the middle of the field. Budda Baker, doesn't have elite size, but he can hit hard and cover. Redskins will take that any day.

50.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
The Buccaneers don't really have a choice at RB. The guy they just paid like a king is sitting in rehab right now and the other guy they had high hopes for hasn't lived up to them. Alvin Kamara isn't going to light the world on fire, but he is a solid prospect that could very well start day one.

51.Denver Broncos: Carroll Phillips, EDGE, Illinois
This could be a star power type of pick here if Phillips keeps his head on straight. He suffered a draft board plummet because of his off-the-field issues, but if he didn't have them he's an obvious first round talent. Broncos have a great defense and are going to be looking to bolster it with this pick.

52.Cleveland Browns: Desmond King, CB, Iowa
With Joe Haden battling injuries over the course of his career and not much help around him the pick of Desmond King makes all too much sense. Cleveland needs to continue to build that defense.

53.Detroit Lions: Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M
I am not too fond of the Lions safeties. Glover Quinn is getting up there in age and Tavon Wilson doesn't strike fear into anyone. Insert A&M's smooth tackling and play making safety.

54.Miami Dolphins: John Ross, WR, Washington
The Dolphins have their big bodied WR in the form of former first round pick Devante Parker and their possession and shifty play maker in Jarvis Landry. With Kenny Stills likely leaving in free agency, there is a deep threat spot open. John Ross will gladly take that job as a WR that needs to beat corners and safeties over the top with his likely 4.3 speed.

55.New York Giants: DeMarcus Walker, DE/DT, Florida State
The Giants need to have a back up plan for either Jason Pierre Paul or even Jonathan Hankins. Both players are free agents. Walker would be a good replacement if the Giants didn't want to splurge on their own guy in JPP. Spurning a re-signing of JPP and drafting Walker seems like the best move here for the Giants.

56.Oakland Raiders: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Finally McCaffrey comes off the board. I expect him to fall because he wouldn't participate in any post season activities and scouts docked him for that. The Raiders are going to let Latavius Murray go and might feel as though McCaffrey could be the guy. If not, the Raiders still have Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington to run the football.

57.Houston Texans: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson
Another Clemson Tiger goes to Houston. This time it's on the defensive side of the ball. Carlos Watkins will likely need to come in and replace former nose tackle Vince Wilfork who is likely retiring.

58.Seattle Seahawks: Dion Dawkins, G, Temple
This is the tale of just going out and finding men that can protect your most prized possession. Russell Wilson has endured way too many hits way too early in his career. The Seahawks need to start protecting him before QB becomes a need.

59.Kansas City Chiefs: Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
The Chiefs are lacking at WR regardless of what many think. That was magnified in their close loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs. Cooper Kupp would give the chiefs a guy that can be the reliable third down option, but also a guy who can create separation and dominate the defense with quick slants.

60.Dallas Cowboys: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
Where are all the CB's at? That could be the main dialogue of the Cowboys offs season. They are going to have to work hard to hold onto Morris Claiborne. Luckily this is a pretty good CB class and Tankersley is worth the selection.

61.Green Bay Packers: Ryan Anderson, EDGE, Alabama
The Packers are likely to lose Julius Peppers to retirement and Nick Perry is entering free agency. Ryan Anderson has the makings of a solid edge rusher that would help the Packers out big time.

62.Pittsburgh Steelers: Carl Lawson, EDGE, Auburn
With the Steelers in this spot it's somewhat of a need with James Harrison and Lawrence Timmons set to become free agents, but also it's kind of a luxury. The Steelers don't have a ton of needs. Carl Lawson is a better player than this draft slot. He has battled serious injury in his young college career and that has robbed him of the first round. However, Lawson is a good edge rusher and if he stayed healthy the Steelers would be getting magnificent value with this pick.

63.New England Patriots: Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
The Patriots never replaced parts of their interior line. Johnson would be the right move this early in the draft.

64.Atlanta Falcons: Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington
The Falcons whether they win or lose the Super Bowl will need to replace Johnathan Babineaux. Elijah Qualls is somewhat limited and may have benefited staying in school another year, but he's in the draft and is still a solid option for Atlanta.

Third Round

65.Cleveland Browns: Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama

66.San Francisco 49ers: Garrett Sickels, DE, Penn State

67.Chicago Bears: Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss

68.Jacksonville Jaguars: Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee

69.Los Angeles Rams: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

70.New York Jets: David Njoku, TE, Miami

71.Los Angeles Chargers: Adam Bisnowaty, OT, Pittsburgh

72.Carolina Panthers: Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma

73.Cincinnati Bengals: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan

74.Philadelphia Eagles: Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina

75.Buffalo Bills: Marcus Maye, S, Florida

76.New Orleans Saints: Nico Siragusa, G, San Diego State

77.Arizona Cardinals: Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami

78.Baltimore Ravens: Isaiah Ford, WR, Virginia Tech

79.Indianapolis Colts: Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson

80.Minnesota Vikings: Nazair Jones, DE/DT, North Carolina

81.Washington Redskins: Chris Goodwin, WR, Penn State

82.Denver Broncos: Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma

83.Tennessee Titans: Noah Brown, WR, Ohio State

84.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jordan Willis, EDGE, Kansas State

85.Detroit Lions: Anthony Walker Jr., ILB, Northwestern

86.Minnesota Vikings (via Miami Dolphins): Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming

87.New York Giants: Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State

88.Oakland Raiders: Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA

89.Houston Texans: Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M

90.Seattle Seahawks: Montravius Adams, DE/DT, Auburn

91.Kansas City Chiefs: Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State

92.Dallas Cowboys: Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

93.Green Bay Packers: Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo

94.Pittsburgh Steelers: Rasual Douglas, CB, West Virginia

95.New England Patriots: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan

96.Atlanta Falcons: Tyus Bowser, EDGE, Houston

97.Denver Broncos (Compensatory): Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State

98.Miami Dolphins (Compensatory): Marcus Williams, S, Utah

99.Carolina Panthers (Compensatory): Lorenzo Jerome, S, St.Francis

100.Baltimore Ravens (Compensatory): Dalvin Thomlinson, DT, Alabama

101.Tennessee Titans (via Los Angeles Rams Compensatory): Jordan Morgan, G, Kutztown

102.Denver Broncos (Compensatory): David Sharpe, G, Florida

103.New England Patriots (via Cleveland Browns Compensatory): Ezra Robinson, CB, Tennessee State

104.Kansas City Chiefs (Compensatory): Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh

105.Seattle Seahawks (Compensatory): Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova

Fourth Round

106.Cleveland Browns: Kelly Parfitt, OT, Florida Atlantic

107.San Francisco 49ers: Kendall Beckwith, ILB, LSU

108.Jacksonville Jaguars: Isaac Asiata, G, Utah

109.Chicago Bears: Fish Smithson, S, Kansas

110.Los Angeles Rams: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU

111.Los Angeles Chargers: Pat Elflein, C, Ohio State

112.Washington Redskins (via New York Jets): Billy Price, G, Ohio State

113.Carolina Panthers: Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA

114.Cincinnati Bengals: Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama

115.Chicago Bears (via Buffalo Bills): Damore'ea Stringefellow, WR, Ole Miss

116.Philadelphia Eagles: Shleton Gibson, WR, West Virginia

117.Arizona Cardinals: Elijah Hood, RB, North Carolina

118.Indianapolis Colts: DeVonte Fields, EDGE, Louisville

119.Minnesota Vikings: Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan

120.Baltimore Ravens: Kai Nacua, S, BYU

121.Washington Redskins: Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

122.Tennessee Titans: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State

123.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama

124.Denver Broncos: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

125.Detroit Lions: Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech

126.Minnesota Vikings: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia

127.Oakland Raiders: Tanzel Smart, DT, Tulane

128.Houston Texans: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson

129.New England Patriots: Jalen Robinette, WR, Air Force

130.New York Giants: Travin Dural, WR, LSU

131.New York Jets (Compensatory): Chad Williams, WR, Grambling

132.Cincinnati Bengals (Compensatory): Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida

133.Philadelphia Eagles (via Cleveland Browns Compensatory): Duke Riley, LB, LSU

134.Los Angeles Rams (Compensatory): Joe Mathis, EDGE, Washington

135.Cleveland Browns (Compensatory): Alex Anzalone, LB, Florida

136.Indianapolis Colts (Compensatory): Davis Webb, QB, California

137.San Francisco 49ers (Compensatory): Chad Wheeler, OT, USC

138.Cincinnati Bengals (Compensatory): K.D. Cannon, WR, Baylor

139.Denver Broncos (Compensatory): Travis Rudolph, WR, Florida State

Sound off below and let us know what you think!
I've watched Moten a couple of times this year, not just the Senior Bowl. 1) not that impressed with his Senior Bowl performance-he was abused by speed rushers 2) I think 2nd is too high-would much rather have Lamp 3) I haven't read anywhere else where he projects as a LT, I think he's only a RT option. He doesn't have the feet for the left side.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've watched Moten a couple of times this year, not just the Senior Bowl. 1) not that impressed with his Senior Bowl performance-he was abused by speed rushers 2) I think 2nd is too high-would much rather have Lamp 3) I haven't read anywhere else where he projects as a LT, I think he's only a RT option. He doesn't have the feet for the left side.
Senior bowl and the Shrine game and the like are very tough for the OLine. Defenses have everything going for them. I like Moten, as well as Dawkins after Bolles, but it's all going to come down to what Kromer and McVay think about them and if they can be a LT in the system. Hell we don't even know if they're going to make a change at LT.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I'd be very disappointed if we passed on Jourdan Lewis for Awuzie. Awuzie is overrated. He's not the best CB prospect from Colorado.

I haven't had time to evaluate Dupre or Mathis myself, but people whom I trust didn't have glowing things to say about them. I think there will likely be better WRs available than Dupre at that point in the 4th.
Mathis is the most underrated prospect in this draft imo. He has everything you look for in an edge rusher I wrote about him here: http://www.downtownrams.com/single-...Rams-Draft-Profile-Washington-EDGE-Joe-Mathis . I also have changed my mind on Moton that high. I want to get Mathis on the outside with Quinn, keep Tree at ILB and draft Haason Reddick if he falls.

Dupre is a guy who played in a run first style offense with Darrius Guice and Leonard Fournette, so he didn't receive the ball much. However, that could be a blessing in disguised for the Rams. He has great height at 6-foot-4 and he could fit in well with what McVay said about having different types of WR's. I wrote about him in here as well: http://www.downtownrams.com/single-post/2017/01/28/Jake-Ellenbogens-2017-LA-Rams-Mock-Draft-10

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Senior bowl and the Shrine game and the like are very tough for the OLine. Defenses have everything going for them. I like Moten, as well as Dawkins after Bolles, but it's all going to come down to what Kromer and McVay think about them and if they can be a LT in the system. Hell we don't even know if they're going to make a change at LT.
I feel as though people need to watch Moton versus Wisconsin. He did a real nice job. Kromer isn't going to blow up the OL so people also need to calm down about OL. Here's the thing I think we are loaded with potential and really just need a center and a left tackle. That's it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This may be a bit high for Wilson, I have him as a 2nd round pick at this point!
I do think you have a nice drat going for you though!!(y)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Your right on the mark here^ this is definitely the Vikings biggest need!!
I'll be drafting for them in the ROD Mock!(y);):D

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mathis is the most underrated prospect in this draft imo. He has everything you look for in an edge rusher I wrote about him here: http://www.downtownrams.com/single-...Rams-Draft-Profile-Washington-EDGE-Joe-Mathis . I also have changed my mind on Moton that high. I want to get Mathis on the outside with Quinn, keep Tree at ILB and draft Haason Reddick if he falls.

Dupre is a guy who played in a run first style offense with Darrius Guice and Leonard Fournette, so he didn't receive the ball much. However, that could be a blessing in disguised for the Rams. He has great height at 6-foot-4 and he could fit in well with what McVay said about having different types of WR's. I wrote about him in here as well: http://www.downtownrams.com/single-post/2017/01/28/Jake-Ellenbogens-2017-LA-Rams-Mock-Draft-10

Dupre is a SEC guy, so I know a good bit about him. I just haven't evaluated his film yet. But when I watched him play, I saw mixed results. He didn't seem like a very consistent player. Personally, I really like Ishmael Zamora's skill-set in the 3rd/4th round range.

I feel as though people need to watch Moton versus Wisconsin. He did a real nice job. Kromer isn't going to blow up the OL so people also need to calm down about OL. Here's the thing I think we are loaded with potential and really just need a center and a left tackle. That's it.

T.J. Watt gave him some problems. They gave him and the other OT help when they were up against Watt as the game went on.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Dupre is a SEC guy, so I know a good bit about him. I just haven't evaluated his film yet. But when I watched him play, I saw mixed results. He didn't seem like a very consistent player. Personally, I really like Ishmael Zamora's skill-set in the 3rd/4th round range.

T.J. Watt gave him some problems. They gave him and the other OT help when they were up against Watt as the game went on.
Watt is really good and he did give him some problems but I loved the way Moton hung in there. He manhandled Biegel.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Mathis is really good in my opinion. I thought that before, but Matt Waldman made an RSP Film Room confirming what I saw.

View: https://youtu.be/dAt7qOOdm88

If you have 30 minutes you should watch it. He's very well rounded with a lot of tools and athleticism.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mathis is really good in my opinion. I thought that before, but Matt Waldman made an RSP Film Room confirming what I saw.

View: https://youtu.be/dAt7qOOdm88

If you have 30 minutes you should watch it. He's very well rounded with a lot of tools and athleticism.

I hear ya, but a buddy of mine on another board wasn't complimentary, and Lance Zierlein tore him to shreds. I will watch him for myself eventually.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I hear ya, but a buddy of mine on another board wasn't complimentary, and Lance Zierlein tore him to shreds. I will watch him for myself eventually.

Yeah I don't agree with Zierlein much, especially on that. I'd like to hear your opinion when you get a chance.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Yeah I don't agree with Zierlein much, especially on that. I'd like to hear your opinion when you get a chance.
Mathis might be a top 10 talent on my board. He suffered from a broken leg his last year. The pressures and sacks were through the roof in Washington. When he got hurt they plummeted. That tells me this dude is a team player. He's a playmaker and will assist his teammates in making plays in the backfield. He also benched 40 reps and if he runs at least a 4.6-4.7 he is going to be a premier EDGE from this class.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Glad I found this thread...Interesting take.

I'll say this....Damn the Seahawks draft looks good in here! LOL

If draft goes like this, I'd trade something to Bears for Bolles.....

That's a lot of talent in the top 130 players. Should be a solid draft class.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Glad I found this thread...Interesting take.

I'll say this....Damn the Seahawks draft looks good in here! LOL

If draft goes like this, I'd trade something to Bears for Bolles.....

That's a lot of talent in the top 130 players. Should be a solid draft class.
Agreed we don't want Seattle getting this draft haul