Jake Ellenbogen's 2017 top positional players Free Agency prediction

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
How crazy is it that Jeffrey, not even close to the best wr in the league, would make 3 mil more a year, during the same new contract year, than bell, arguably the best runner.

Put me down for center as number one priority. I wanted mack and look what he did for atlanta.

I've also always said britt just needed a good qb and I'll stick with that but I think adding woods or Garcon is a good idea. I'm really interested in seeing who gets targeted by this coaching staff.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Great work as always....
Wide receivers

Alshon Jeffery, 27 years old, Chicago Bears
PFF Grade: 33rd
FA Destination: Tennessee Titans
Contract: 5 years, $70 million
Explanation: The Titans strike gold bringing in a giant target and making it even easier for the statistically best red zone QB in the league to score in the red zone. Marcus Mariota will be getting a game changer in Jeffery and oh folks? It's happening, they might even pair Corey Davis from Western Michigan with him too. Imagine that for a young QB.

Terrelle Pryor, 27 years old, Cleveland Browns
PFF Grade: 31st
FA Destination: Cleveland Browns
Contract: 5 years, $47 million
Explanation: Pryor loves the Browns and he has every reason to. Without the Browns, Pryor never becomes a budding star WR. Pryor is going to get paid and that's obvious. The Browns will lock him up before free agency comes.
The price/cost difference is amazing. I would like Pryor WAY MORE than Jeffery....

So, you prefer we pay wr's & cb's?

The game...as always...is won in the trenches. Remember that Jake. WR's & CB's are a dime a dozen. All due to year-round 7 on 7 passing leagues.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I keep seeing folks drop Shipley's name. He's no better than Barnes. Acquiring Cardinals offensive linemen to upgrade your blocking is like grabbing Rams WR's to upgrade your passing attack.

With what Tim Barnes has had playing next to him on both sides the last two season its a wonder that he made it through the season still upright. Shipley would have folded very early in the season IMO & is far from an upgrade but would be a degrade.

I must be truly out dated & out of touch in this Free Agency frenzy. My priorities would be to secure a effective working offensive line in front of Goff first. Then let him have the time & the good health to find receivers who will catch his balls.

The UFA's in the OL units is very weak @ OT & center as pointed out by @Prime Time but the available OG's are outstanding.....that's where I would turn my attention too. I would not overpay for many future yrs for run of the meal OT's & centers!

The game...as always...is won in the trenches.
:bow::love:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great work as always....
The price/cost difference is amazing. I would like Pryor WAY MORE than Jeffery....

So, you prefer we pay wr's & cb's?

The game...as always...is won in the trenches. Remember that Jake. WR's & CB's are a dime a dozen. All due to year-round 7 on 7 passing leagues.
Oh I know you build inside out. However, this is what I think they will do. This is also only the top paid per position. I think the Rams are guaranteed to take Mills from BUF to have him follow Kromer. I also like Ijalana. The centers in this class are very weak. I would take Pocic if hes there in the second

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
With what Tim Barnes has had playing next to him on both sides the last two season its a wonder that he made it through the season still upright. Shipley would have folded very early in the season IMO & is far from an upgrade but would be a degrade.

I must be truly out dated & out of touch in this Free Agency frenzy. My priorities would be to secure a effective working offensive line in front of Goff first. Then let him have the time & the good health to find receivers who will catch his balls.

The UFA's in the OL units is very weak @ OT & center as pointed out by @Prime Time but the available OG's are outstanding.....that's where I would turn my attention too. I would not overpay for many future yrs for run of the meal OT's & centers!

:bow::love:
This was just the top paid per position. I personally want to bargain shop for tackles and guards. Chance Warmack could be a steal as well as Luke Joeckel. I think a center in the draft makes the most sense.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Benny Cunningham, 26 years old, Los Angeles Rams
PFF Grade: N/A
FA Destination: Indianapolis Colts
Contract: 4 years, $16 million
Explanation: Benny is a fan favorite in L.A. and honestly looked better than Todd Gurley all of 2016, but he is likely to get a starting gig this off-season. The Colts will need a replacement for Frank Gore who is 33 years old. Chris Ballard is a genius and will go and get a back no one is talking about this off-season, because he knows Cunningham can do everything . . . including keeping Andrew Luck upright in pass protection.
:shocked:It would be a HUGE mistake if the Rams don't resign Benny!!:shocking:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Pierre Garcon, 30 years old, Washington Redskins
PFF Grade: 8th
FA Destination: Los Angeles Rams
Contract: 2 years, $17 million
Explanation: The Rams are considered the favorite for Pierre Garcon. I think the Rams will try and strike out on Alshon Jeffery and Terrelle Pryor, so Garcon and Robert Woods with Tavon Austin in the slot sounds like a plan. It may seem like a lot at first glance, but it will be a short turm deal just to get the ball rolling for McVay's young WR group.
This is what I'm expecting too!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This was just the top paid per position. I personally want to bargain shop for tackles and guards. Chance Warmack could be a steal as well as Luke Joeckel. I think a center in the draft makes the most sense.
Yes I agree its sure looks to me that adding a solid center prospect through the draft is the best way to go @ this time. I would also suggest that Aaron Kromer look into moving Cody Wichmann into center competition too.

Oh I know you build inside out. However, this is what I think they will do. This is also only the top paid per position. I think the Rams are guaranteed to take Mills from BUF to have him follow Kromer. I also like Ijalana. The centers in this class are very weak. I would take Pocic if hes there in the second
My thoughts on Ben Ijalana 6-4 317 pounder who has played mostly @ both ORT & OLT would make a much better Left OG with Kromer & the Rams. On Jordan Mills 6-5 316 who has been primarily a right OT (a position that the Rams are fine at) could be a much better Right OG with Kromer. Both of the above OL'ers could be had at half the cost of just one of the top 5 OG's its would be a very good bargain in comparison.(y)

Other UFA's far lesser valued OL'ers both old Kromer veterans LT Jermon Bushrod & RH Jahri Evan could rejoin Kromer for one more last season before retirement as some low cost back ups that you were posting about but I sure would like to see a return of Garrett Reynolds @ left OG.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Don't like paying Woods so much money, I think you can get him for cheaper but hey, whatever it takes to get a good WR corps. Don't know enough about him to say whether he fits or not though.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Yes I agree its sure looks to me that adding a solid center prospect through the draft is the best way to go @ this time. I would also suggest that Aaron Kromer look into moving Cody Wichmann into center competition too.

My thoughts on Ben Ijalana 6-4 317 pounder who has played mostly @ both ORT & OLT would make a much better Left OG with Kromer & the Rams. On Jordan Mills 6-5 316 who has been primarily a right OT (a position that the Rams are fine at) could be a much better Right OG with Kromer. Both of the above OL'ers could be had at half the cost of just one of the top 5 OG's its would be a very good bargain in comparison.(y)

Other UFA's far lesser valued OL'ers both old Kromer veterans LT Jermon Bushrod & RH Jahri Evan could rejoin Kromer for one more last season before retirement as some low cost back ups that you were posting about but I sure would like to see a return of Garrett Reynolds @ left OG.
I have nothing to comment. That was perfect man! I love it. My thoughts exactly!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Don't like paying Woods so much money, I think you can get him for cheaper but hey, whatever it takes to get a good WR corps. Don't know enough about him to say whether he fits or not though.
If you look it's funny with Woods, Garcon and Austin that is the identical type of WR corps McVay had in Washington. Garcon 6 feet, Djax 5-11 and Crowder 5-8.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If you look it's funny with Woods, Garcon and Austin that is the identical type of WR corps McVay had in Washington. Garcon 6 feet, Djax 5-11 and Crowder 5-8.

Can Woods attack vertically like DJax? Size doesn't matter traits do. A 6'4" guy could play the DJax role as long as he has the speed, ball tracking ability, and body control to play deep. Like I said I don't know enough about Woods so I don't know if he can or can't

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Can Woods attack vertically like DJax? Size doesn't matter traits do. A 6'4" guy could play the DJax role as long as he has the speed, ball tracking ability, and body control to play deep. Like I said I don't know enough about Woods so I don't know if he can or can't
Austin can. He's going to be used like he should be.

Ram65

Legend
Calais Campbell, 30 years old, Arizona Cardinals
PFF Grade: 2nd
FA Destination: Oakland Raiders
Contract: 4 years, $34 million
Explanation: You think the Raiders are mad about the way their magical 2016 campaign came to an end? Absolutely. This move is like sending a giant middle finger to the rest of the league. Nothing like looking over the line at Khalil Mack and Calais Campbell. . .

Pairing Campbell with Donald moving around the defense line would be fun to watch. When you throw in a stand up Robert Quinn they could be nearly unstoppable. It outside the box thinking but fun to try to imagine.

I have to say that's a lot of work and fun to look at. Rams could go for two WR and Britt could be one of them. Woods is young and could a good signing. Hard for him not to show improvement over his Buffalo numbers.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Pairing Campbell with Donald moving around the defense line would be fun to watch. When you throw in a stand up Robert Quinn they could be nearly unstoppable. It outside the box thinking but fun to try to imagine.

I have to say that's a lot of work and fun to look at. Rams could go for two WR and Britt could be one of them. Woods is young and could a good signing. Hard for him not to show improvement over his Buffalo numbers.
Campbell and Donald hahahahaha What even would be an offensive line if you had to block both of them on top of Quinn and Brockers and Hayes? Omg that would be hilarious

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And there it is, our #1 priority in free agency or the draft. Unfortunately the centers available in free agency look pretty dismal. JC Tretter from the Packers is the youngest at 25 but is coming off a knee injury. Centers aren't normally drafted in the first round so we have a chance to get one there. We absolutely have to address this weak spot one way or another.

Come on man ?? Really going to depend on the draft ??? I'm not saying no , just don't like the way the position can play out. The Rams went Brown & then The guy from GBay who adopted 5 kids with his 5year contract.Glad The Rams support Africa . Just need to help global warming now . The world is great & The Rams will have the best stadium in it .

Back down to earth though. It will be interesting how it plays out. Wichmann gave it a shot last season. He could surprise ?? Does a rookie start over Barnes day 1 ?? Barnes would be real weak at guard, so then what ??

I think Kush was actually The beat guard The Rams had innpreseason & was horrible at snapping the ball, unless Goff was a little scared of where he put his hands ?? There was not a connection in there exchange.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have nothing to comment. That was perfect man! I love it. My thoughts exactly!
Keep this in the back of your brain for this time next yr....While McVay was the Skins OC his starting center last season was Spencer Long who is 6-5 325 pounder & only 26 yrs old, will be a UFA in 2018. Long also started 13 games @ Left OG too in 2015. This is the size OL'ers Aaron Kromer seems to collect over the past decade.

http://www.redskins.com/team/roster/Spencer-Long/2008e038-84db-4add-8076-e4368a25b874

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Keep this in the back of your brain for this time next yr....While McVay was the Skins OC his starting center last season Spencer Long who is 6-5 325 pounder & only 26 yrs old, will be a UFA in 2018. Long also started 13 games @ Left OG too in 2015.

http://www.redskins.com/team/roster/Spencer-Long/2008e038-84db-4add-8076-e4368a25b874
BonifayRam is trying to go above and beyond! I love it! I will hold onto his name, possibly inspired an article that I was thinking of anyway haha.