Jaguars sign Wisniewski

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How you can blame the guy? You could jump into the pool after pratice!

Jaguars%202014%20Cabana.jpg
Somethin tells me I'd prefer the view from the other side of the glass

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Could be he just wants to continue to play on natural grass plus the 3 grass practice fields along with a better talented healthy OL.
Sorta what I was thinking.....

Wisniewski should slide into center beside LG Zane Beadles and RG Brandon Linder with Luke Joeckel starting at left tackle and newly-signed Jermey Parnell holding down the right side. The Jags suddenly have the makings of a solid offensive line.

This is the first I have seen on the $$$$ amounts.

Jaguars signed C Stefen Wisniewski, formerly of the Raiders, to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.
Recovering from offseason shoulder surgery, the deal is of the "prove it" variety after Wisniewski struggled to find the money he was looking for. Barely 26 and with four years of above-average tape already in hand, Wisniewski is a great bet to rehab his value and come back in a stronger negotiating position next offseason. Wisniewski should slide into center beside LG Zane Beadles and RG Brandon Linder with Luke Joeckel starting at left tackle and newly-signed Jermey Parnell holding down the right side. The Jags suddenly have the makings of a solid offensive line. After flirting with DeMarco Murray in free agency, expect Jacksonville to use an early-round draft pick at running back.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6599/stefen-wisniewski

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
$2.5 million? Is this maybe a case where the fan hype over a free agent is WAY above his pay grade? Literally?

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Sorta what I was thinking.....

Wisniewski should slide into center beside LG Zane Beadles and RG Brandon Linder with Luke Joeckel starting at left tackle and newly-signed Jermey Parnell holding down the right side. The Jags suddenly have the makings of a solid offensive line.

This is the first I have seen on the $$$$ amounts.

Jaguars signed C Stefen Wisniewski, formerly of the Raiders, to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.
Recovering from offseason shoulder surgery, the deal is of the "prove it" variety after Wisniewski struggled to find the money he was looking for. Barely 26 and with four years of above-average tape already in hand, Wisniewski is a great bet to rehab his value and come back in a stronger negotiating position next offseason. Wisniewski should slide into center beside LG Zane Beadles and RG Brandon Linder with Luke Joeckel starting at left tackle and newly-signed Jermey Parnell holding down the right side. The Jags suddenly have the makings of a solid offensive line. After flirting with DeMarco Murray in free agency, expect Jacksonville to use an early-round draft pick at running back.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6599/stefen-wisniewski

Thanks. Sure seems cheap especially assuming that was his best offer.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Do we have any idea what kind of money is being bandied in the Barks front?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Do we have any idea what kind of money is being bandied in the Barks front?

Probably less than Wisniewski because of the complete lack of interest. Wisniewski, I can understand with his shoulder issues. Blalock, I can understand because of his age. Barksdale? This is a young right tackle with starting experience, and I thought that he was going to receive bigger offers than he did. I may want someone better, but I wouldn't be upset with Barksdale on a cheap one-year contract.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Maybe I was completely wrong about Wis. I really thought he was he of the top up and coming centers in the league. But it sure seems like nobody wants him. I guess that's why I'm not a GM.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Maybe I was completely wrong about Wis. I really thought he was he of the top up and coming centers in the league. But it sure seems like nobody wants him. I guess that's why I'm not a GM.

He would have been...but that shoulder surgery was never going to let him be signed to a long-term contract like Hudson was.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He would have been...but that shoulder surgery was never going to let him be signed to a long-term contract like Hudson was.
That's how I see it... the Jags played it correctly.

If the shoulder is an issue (which I don't think it will be), then they mitigated that risk pretty well by not paying much and setting it up for one year.

I wanted Wiz... I liked his age... reliability (again, I don't think that shoulder will be an issue) and experience most of all.

I would have been very happy had the Rams structured his deal like the Jags did. I see the Rams as missing out.

More importantly, with the exception of Saffold, the Oline remains a rag-tag bunch of average or below average players or players who have very little actual NFL experience.

And, now that Wiz is gone, I don't see that changing.

Hopefully, Robinson blooms... and guys like Barnes, Jones and Rhaney show us someting they have yet to show in their careers.

Throw in a talented rookie or two and I'm not very confident that the line will protect Foles or open up running lanes very well. Not in 2015 at least.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks. Sure seems cheap especially assuming that was his best offer.

Not necessarily. His old coach will be there - he may figure that will help him have a good season and get a big contract next offseason.