Jaguars sign Wisniewski

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
damn it! One fewer option for the Rams' line.

Wis just seemed to have no interest in the Rams, though.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
For some reason I dont feel we got left out at all. Clearly the media hype was much more than what he was actually viewed.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
For some reason I dont feel we got left out at all. Clearly the media hype was much more than what he was actually viewed.
Yep, especially considering that the Raiders didn't sign him and signed a different center to a big contract

Simba

Rookie
A 1 year deal means we weren't interested in him.I can't image a player that preferes Jax rather than us! :(

jjab360

Legend
I really don't think we're missing out on much here, especially with just a one year deal..
Could be he just wants to play with a solid talented healthy OL.
The Jaguars allowed 71 sacks last year. I seriously doubt any free agent would go there over another team because they think they're more talented.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wiz is just an example to off season GM's....It's just not finding positional fits for your dream oline...those "pieces" must want to come here, and our staff must want him....lSimple, I know..but every year it gets ignored in Feb and March

V3

Hall of Fame
The hype was before it was reported that he had a shoulder injury and subsequent surgery. Once that news broke, he wasn't really highly sought after by news sites or fans. The teams obviously knew, though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Does this spark OL signings before the draft? It does clarify something for the Rams. Basically, we sign De La Puente, start someone already on the roster, or go to the draft for a Center.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/18/wisniewski-lands-in-jacksonville/

Wisniewski lands in Jacksonville
Posted by Mike Florio on April 18, 2015

wis.jpg
AP

Center Stefen Wisniewski has a new home. Finally.

The free-agent lineman, who spent the first four seasons of his career with the Raiders, has agreed to a one-year deal with the Jaguars, via Adam Schefter of ESPN. The decision came after visits and/or discussions with the Titans, Jaguars, Patriots, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Bears, and Washington.

The short duration of the deal isn’t surprising; at this stage of the free-agency process, the big money is long gone. So he’ll try to have a big year in Jacksonville and hit the market again in 2016.

A Pittsburgh native, Wisniewski played from the moment he arrived as a second-round pick in 2011, with 61 appearances and 61 starts. As a rookie, Wisniewski played left guard; he shifted to center in 2012. Wisniewski became displaced in Oakland when the Raiders signed Rodney Hudson last month.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fa...fen-wisniewski-had-offseason-shoulder-surgery

Report: Stefen Wisniewski had offseason shoulder surgery
by Shawn Krest | CBSSports.com

Center Stefen Wisniewski played part of last season with a torn labrum and had surgery on the injured shoulder during the offseason, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Wisniewski's recovery could be part of the reason that the free agent hasn't signed with a team yet, after his contract with the Raiders expired.

FRO

Legend
By resigning Barnes I took it as the Rams are staying in house on the C position. It will be a fight between Barnes, Jones, and Rhaney. Hope Jones stays healthy.

We are going to have a really young line next year. Which isn't bad, but you can't expect the team to be a playoff contender in 2015 with an inexperienced line. With Arizona and Seattle in the division we do not have a lot of margin of error.

iced

How you can blame the guy? You could jump into the pool after pratice!

Jaguars%202014%20Cabana.jpg

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Something tells me we are all in on selecting Can Ervimg. It's a big hunch but I'm hoping and praying this is the case.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Something tells me we are all in on selecting Can Ervimg. It's a big hunch but I'm hoping and praying this is the case.
I wouldn't think at 10 and he'll be long gone by 41 so it would probably have to involve a trade.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

The cost to move up from 41 into mid 20's would cost us our 3rd Rd pick. Only way I see us doing that is if we trade down 1-2 times.. I'm overwhelmed w/ doing so currently
The key is how do we get the following: RT,LG,OC,QB and 2 DEF players..

as per http://www.ourlads.com/nfldraftvalue/

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Wiz to the Jags on a 1 year deal? Seems like he wasn't gonna be a long term solution for any team. Medical red flags?