It's time for a change at OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Schotty has had three years in charge of this offense. During his tenure the same problems have plagued him that he had in NY. This season is lost, and an enormous question looms right now on whether he's the guy you want to run this offense into the future with a new stable of QBs.

Enter Cignetti. I think he may be ready, and the best way to find out is promote him. He has a very impressive resume, fielding top offenses in his tenure with Fresno St. Even in his short stops he had instant impact and got results.

There's a couple ways they could do this. They could fire Schotty straight up and promote Cignetti, which I prefer. Or they could simply hand playcalling duties over to him. The reason I favor the first option is because I'd like to see what he can do with the gameplanning side of things. I'd like to see him run the whole show.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't see Fisher getting rid of Schotty now or even in the offseason.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I don't see Fisher getting rid of Schotty now or even in the offseason.

What makes me laugh is that he fired Walton after 1 "below par" season (which in fact turned out to be a very decent one compared to gregg "fuk u, I blitz when I want" Williams), but yet he settles for a below par, average, paint by numbers offence with an OC who makes absolutely no adjustments and has about as much creativity as a carrot

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really think the problem lately has been more on Player 'execution' of plays, than play calling!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
What makes me laugh is that he fired Walton after 1 "below par" season (which in fact turned out to be a very decent one compared to gregg "fuk u, I blitz when I want" Williams), but yet he settles for a below par, average, paint by numbers offence with an OC who makes absolutely no adjustments and has about as much creativity as a carrot

Yeah but Williams lives and dyes by the sword. Blitzing never gets old for me and I blame the players.

Walton played a nutless style of defense that I hated. Style points loom large with me.

We couldnt protect Davis last game and could only run in spirts. Our soft paw QB was throwing with a steady wind, too.

No OC can succeed with all that. I'm only OK with Schotty, very upgradable. I say keep them all. They all saved their jobs by beating Seattle. Thats enough for me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm going to say this once. These are the kinds of threads that can become disrespectful in a heartbeat. Ramsrule - you are stepping close to that already. The OP stated an opinion and a workable solution with out going to the inane metaphor and tag route.

I think Merlin deserves to have this thread stay up and unlocked. Please respond with points and not BS name calling and references.

RamWoodie

Legend
I think we'll see that change at years end. The Rams have too much offensive potential...and I think it calls for more innovation and imagination offensively.

Some people are limited in being innovative.

Alan

Legend
I've decided to disagree with everyone tonight so I disagree with your premise @Merlin . I think we're overdue for a change. :p

BTW @theramsruleUK , you're comparing him to UK carrots and if compared to American carrots he looks pretty good. Turnips, on the other hand...

BTW II, I got a new batch of stuff today and it appears to be much stronger than I'm used too. I think I'm going to retire to the Song of the Day thread for the rest of the evening. :LOL:

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Yeah but Williams lives and dyes by the sword. Blitzing never gets old for me and I blame the players.

Walton played a nutless style of defense that I hated. Style points loom large with me.

We couldnt protect Davis last game and could only run in spirts. Our soft paw QB was throwing with a steady wind, too.

No OC can succeed with all that. I'm only OK with Schotty, very upgradable. I say keep them all. They all saved their jobs by beating Seattle. Thats enough for me.

You'd rather we blitzed all the time and lost than not blitzing and win?

Do you blame the players for the ruby fronts we see on third down?

You don't want anyone to get fired because we beat one team by two trick plays?

Seriously?

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm going to say this once. These are the kinds of threads that can become disrespectful in a heartbeat. Ramsrule - you are stepping close to that already. The OP stated an opinion and a workable solution with out going to the inane metaphor and tag route.

I think Merlin deserves to have this thread stay up and unlocked. Please respond with points and not BS name calling and references.
I'm not talking about him am I? It's a joke, obviously schotty has more creativity than a carrot, a blueberry perhaps

V3

Hall of Fame

Call me crazy but I prefer the style that works and that usually requires the coordinator to be able to make adjustments during the game. Neither one of our coordinators have shown they can do that, at least not on this team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not talking about him am I? It's a joke, obviously schotty has more creativity than a carrot, a blueberry perhaps
Nah man - I know you are a character. I just don't want to see this thread go from borderline to the next level.

Blueberry... Why I oughta...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Call me crazy but I prefer the style that works and that usually requires the coordinator to be able to make adjustments during the game. Neither one of our coordinators have shown they can do that, at least not on this team.
Not crazy and I sure would like to see that as well.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
All could have been posted in the Schottenheimer thread that already exists.

Do we really need another thread for this?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I like some of Schotty's play calling, he has times of absolute brilliance, like certain play calls in the red zone, or on 4th and 3, etc. BUT, what I dont like about him, is it takes like 10 plus plays to score on any given drive. He has no explosiveness in his playbook. One holding call, or a false start, and our drive is pretty much doomed.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

It's OK, Sam will do that for us next year.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
He isnt the head problem but is one of the assistant problems