It's Happening

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
So like a knucklehead (no comments please, I know) I show up to work this morning in my usual garb.
A shirt a light pullover and a pair of shorts you know L.A business attire in Hollywood.
And low and behold someone forgot to tell mother nature I was in L.A. It was effing freezing wind blowing off the snow topped mountains and the cold was going straight to my bones. I tough it out until lunch.
We head to one of our favorite eatery's for lunch and it happens to be across the street from an athletic sports attire store. I mosey over and to my surprise the first thing I see is Panthers, Bronco's and RAMS yes the same Rams that when my son and I would walk into a sports affiliated store in the past we would giggle as we looked for Ram swag usually finding maybe one thing, sometime it would be a small sticker or a dusty old cap behind 12 Raider caps etc.....
Now they had a table and a clothing rack filled with Ram Swag right as you walked in the door both St Louis and L.A. I thumbed through a few shirts and caps and then I saw the hoodies hmmm I can put 1 and 1 together with the best of them (any more than that I am lost) hey I am FREEEZING and there are Brand new L.A Ram hoodies sporting Blue and Gold, It's a match made in heaven right? I ask the girl working excuse me miss, miss what do you want for the Ram hoodie? she pauses and says $70.00 dollars. I nearly choke on whatever is left of the Taco I just finished and said I bet you couldn't give this stuff away a month ago!
Anyway I left the store unwilling to part with my lunch money and came to realize if the L.A public isn't ready for the Rams then the L.A Ram marketing machine and local retailers are.
I am bundling up tomorrow my Ram friends and yes I know it probably wasn't cold to those of you living in other areas of the country but you are smart enough to dress appropriately.

fearsomefour

Legend
Main reason I hope the Raiders don't move to LA....stay in Oakland is ideal, move to Vegas is second.
Rams alone in LA would help build loyalty with younger fans. If the Raiders move back the Rams are instantly the second most popular team there. That is only because of the idiot factor.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sounds about right for a quality hoodie.
A little steep, but not shocking.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah maybe, full price on tag so no gouging I guess but seldom do I pay that. Although most the swag I buy is for my son and that is soccer stuff and because of our club we get 20% on all athletic wear so I figure I will wait.
I just found it interesting to see the number of different Ram Items on sale. Magnets, scarfs, caps, blankets, pennants, hoodies, shirts....
I haven't seen that much stuff since the Dickerson era. It was like being a kid again. I sure hope the public take is positive and the Rams get a lot of support although now I will have to deal with all these guys wearing Ram swag and telling me they have been fans for life. OBNOXIOUS!!
The likability of Gurley and the fact he is a skill position player should be a great marketing tool. I hope they run with it. see what I did there.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Man, this thread woulda been waaaaay cooler with a pic of a new LA Rams hoodie. Lolz....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Well yeah if it has a team logo on it, for half the price you can get the same thing though.

The NFL makes their cake LOL.

@fearsomefour The Raiders have plenty of fans in LA not just the gangsters LOL, they won a SB there shortly after arriving and had a really good run there with some big name stars. That was a really, really good team.

Ram65

Legend
I ask the girl working excuse me miss, miss what do you want for the Ram hoodie? she pauses and says $70.00 dollars. I nearly choke on whatever is left of the Taco I just finished and said I bet you couldn't give this stuff away a month ago!

I wouldn't have paid that either. How many times do you need a hoodie in LA? I don't buy into the overpriced NFL, MLB etc "swag". Currently, I have a St Louis Rams Logo T Shirt that somehow I found in a local PA T Shirt shop 10+ years ago. Found I nice #28 Jersey in a thirft store that I lost. T Shirt under $10 and #28 $5 or so. I guess you have to buy it for the kids but I'm too cheap I guess to buy it for myself.

Enjoyed the story though just over a week since the Blizzard like 26 inchesof snow we got here in PA. I'm still shoveling! Hope you weren't too cold.:shocked:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RIDICULOUS....I used to have that exact hat in fact many of them. I donated them to a charity bringing gifts to a organization doing good will services in So. America I had appx 1000 hats from a time I dabbled in a business venture but the hats had gotten older sitting in my rafters. Teams changed Cities, colors and names and a lot of the caps were fitted or snap style. So I got rid of them. As you could Imagine I had a lot of Rams stuff and Sports Specialties was a main supplier. I don't even want to mention my cost of that cap......

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Anyway I left the store unwilling to part with my lunch money

Weak! I spend more than $70 on lunch some days. Those damn strip clubs and their hidden fees...