It's got to be Scherff, right?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know there is a chance that he isn't there at 10 - but if he is .....

I can make a plausible sounding argument for a top flight WR. I can make a decent sounding argument for more of a bookend if Barksdale doesn't come back.

But it just seems like our biggest need meets value right there at #10 with the guy who most believe is the best overall offensive lineman in the draft and seemingly a perfect fit for a team that wants to run the ball.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott

I can make a plausible sounding argument for a top flight WR. I can make a decent sounding argument for more of a bookend if Barksdale doesn't come back.

But it just seems like our biggest need meets value right there at #10 with the guy who most believe is the best overall offensive lineman in the draft and seemingly a perfect fit for a team that wants to run the ball.

I really don't think he's worth a top 10 pick. Maybe I'm wrong, but me personally, I'd rather have La'el Collins or TJ Clemmings over him.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Depending on what happens in FA I can see them passing on the line in the first. There is a lot of depth and you can get starters in the 2nd and 3rd. Cann, Tomlinson, Jackson, Marpet, Miller, Matias and Mason to name a few.

I like Scherff, I prefer Collins but I would be ok with Scherff, I still think he is a top 15 talent so I think the value is still there if he is the target.

jjab360

Legend
I really think all these OL prospects are late first round prospects getting pushed up the board due to lack of top end talent, tbh. I think we ultimately go in a different direction with the 10th pick, there's likely to be better value there with other positions.

Stel

Starter
If both Cooper and White are gone and we're looking at best players available, I think we're choosing between WR Parker, CB Waynes, and OL Scherff, but I wouldn't rule out a DL.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. If any offensive lineman in the top ten, it has to be Andrus Peat. If Cooper/White are there, you take them without hesitation.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
No. If any offensive lineman in the top ten, it has to be Andrus Peat. If Cooper/White are there, you take them without hesitation.

What about OT Flowers???

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
What about OT Flowers???

He has a lot to work on. His technique is bad, to many time when I saw him, he does a lazy job at getting his hands into the chest of the defender. Which led to him being off balance more times than not. Very unimpressed

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
What about OT Flowers???
I like Flowers, but Peat is much more accomplished at this stage. A lot of it may hinge on if we re-sign Bark, or not. I can see Flowers playing Guard, I can't see Peat playing Guard, and i have Peat rated higher on my board, but I think they are one of 3 guys that could play either side at OT, but the only 2, who would be really effective at ORT in our system, if that makes any sense.

Memento

Name
Jemma
What about OT Flowers???

No. Absolutely not in the first round. He has serious technique issues. Meanwhile, you have a guy who could play either tackle position in Peat, pushed David Yankey to guard as a true freshman, is 6'7", 315 lbs. with at least ten-to-fifteen pounds that he can add on without losing his agility (which is absolutely insane for a kid his size; people that big are not meant to be as athletic as he is), he is probably the best pass-protector in this entire class, and he does a good job in the running game.

If Scherff is there, and White, Cooper, and Peat aren't, then you trade the hell down for Collins or Clemmings.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He has a lot to work on. His technique is bad, to many time when I saw him, he does a lazy job at getting his hands into the chest of the defender. Which led to him being off balance more times than not. Very unimpressed
He's only been playing two year's, and has started each year, one at ORT, and one at ORT. You have to see the flowers through the weeds on this guy. Pun intended. If you want to talk about technique, the guy already has better tech than a lot of guys in this class at that position, and obviously a fast learning curve.

I agree that his hands are what he needs to work on the most, but his feet, kick slide, mirror, are pretty good.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think Scherf will be the pick. The rams will go BPA, or trade back in round 1.

It seems they are going to sign Barksdale and are preparing to go in house at Center so the only big need would be Guard, and they can get that trading back or rounds 2 & 3

I hope the drafta center too, but it is possible that the are not impressed with the prospects.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I don't think Scherf will be the pick. The rams will go BPA, or trade back in round 1.

It seems they are going to sign Barksdale and are preparing to go in house at Center so the only big need would be Guard, and they can get that trading back or rounds 2 & 3

I hope the drafta center too, but it is possible that the are not impressed with the prospects.

I'm going to be severely disappointed if they think that Barksdale is the solution at right tackle. I'd be fine with in-house at center...but at least draft a starting tackle, a starting left guard, and a whole lot of depth. This has to be the year that they fix the offensive line.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I don't believe that there are any OLineman worthy of the top ten selection in this draft class. At the same time, I sorta believe that if Scherff is on the board the Rams will select him (If Cooper and White are off the board and they don't feel comfortable with Gurley).

Why? He fills a need and he is a physical freak. Just look at the past drafts.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't believe that there are any OLineman worthy of the top ten selection in this draft class. At the same time, I sorta believe that if Scherff is on the board the Rams will select him (If Cooper and White are off the board and they don't feel comfortable with Gurley).

IMO the Giants go Scherff

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I get this same vibe too. For some reason I think they come out of the first with Scherff. Don't know what slot they will get him at but I think they will get him. Either him or Collins

It seems like the last 2 drafts 2 guys got away. Last year it was Martin, the year before it was Larry Warford I believe, so it almost feels like they are determined to get their guy this year