Issued players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
The Rams this offseason have brought in a certain type of player to change their culture: leaders, captains, etc. But do you think they are okay with taking risks on players with personality issues?

Caleb Brantley
Ishmael Zamora
Gereon Conley
Dalvin Cook
Joe Mixon
Chad Kelly

All of these guys have draft day slide written all over them for their off the field issues. What round are the Rams comfortable taking this type player? Is the new culture not going to allow these kind of selections?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It is hard to answer that without having details on the players indiscretions.

If it is drugs or alcohol, then it isn't worth the risk IMO.

If it is a rape accusation, then I am okay with that because it can be fake accusations or a woman leading a guy into a situation for gain.

If it is just bad behavior, it depends on how deep it goes. If some guy has been in trouble because he has always felt entitled then no I don't want him.

If they injured someone or stolen from them then that is a situational call.

I woulda want Cam Newton but have no problem with Jamie's Winston.

In that list Conley is the only one I consider.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
As a Ram fan I apply the "Janoris Rule"

If the player just likes to lots have sex and smoke lots pot I'm okay with drafting them - most pros know when to get high and have sex when they turn pro

If you hurt people or like white oowder up your nose - then no way

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
IMO the short answer is no.

You have a 31 years old, first year HC as an organization you want to limit his distractions. I believe the Rams should take the same approach they took in FA. Good, hard nosed football players without the baggage. The last thing you need to saddle a rookie HC with is troubled players who take the focus of the HC off coaching. McVay is going to be learning how to lead an entire organization, delagate responsibilties and deal with outside distractions he has not had to deal with before. Factor in dealing with media on a different level and what Rams marketing will make him do, I think its best to limit what you put on his plate. Bringing in a player who has questionable character is very risky.

Feels like McVay needs time to put his stamp on the organization, bring in high character players who want to play and can be led. Then when you have established some credability you can start to take more chances on players.