Isaiah Ferguson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Now that Bud Sasser is being released by the Rams does that give UDFA WR Isiah Ferguson a little more chance to make the Rams roster or at least their Practice Squad? No doubt he is a major long shot but but he does seem like an interesting prospect!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
he looks really awkward when running, no offense intended. I hope he has a great camp.
all the best

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Now that Bud Sasser is being released by the Rams does that give UDFA WR Isiah Ferguson a little more chance to make the Rams roster or at least their Practice Squad? No doubt he is a major long shot but but he does seem like an interesting prospect!

How can you be so insensitive? Sasser is barely out of the building and you are already looking for his replacement. What kind of a football fan are you?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
he looks really awkward when running, no offense intended. I hope he has a great camp.
all the best

I see what you mean. He doesn't look very fluid. Maybe it is because his legs are three times as long as his torso? That dude has some stilts.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
all the best

I really don't know anything about him other than the few youtube clips I have seen and I know he is definitely very, very much a long shot to make the Rams roster or even their practice squad but he just seems to be that Long Shot player I will paying attention to as the season gets closer.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I really don't know anything about him other than the few youtube clips I have seen and I know he is definitely very, very much a long shot to make the Rams roster or even their practice squad but he just seems to be that Long Shot player I will paying attention to as the season gets closer.
He does look like a man among boys from the videos but looks like he has a lot to learn.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
From the video he seem to like to "Leap" a lot. I know you want a WR that will go up after the ball, but I kept waiting to see a defender catch his legs in mid-air and send him spinning! maybe I'm being silly!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Based on that "highlight" video. All I saw was a big lumbering kid who likes to hurdle would be tacklers. He will do that once in the NFL and then he's gonna have a bullseye on his chest.

Givens (who I'm not a fan of) and someone like Emory Blake are light years ahead of this kid.

Other than being a big target, I don't see much upside to his game. Just doesn't look like it will translate to the NFL level.

Again, that is based solely off this highlight reel, such that it is. I will wait til I see him in training camp to pass any final judgement on his "ability".

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually see a lot to his game thats going to translate well to the pros. One thing that I kept coming back too is that he is Brain Quick.. He doesn't look that awkward to me running, he has some nice moves and doesn't seem easy to tackle. He definitely is a hands catcher and he knows how to attack and adjust to the ball in midair. He uses his size better than Quick did at this point and his ability to hurdle defenders when they are taught to go low should provide some nice highlights. I just think the Fish and Co have found a red zone weapon a 40 yards and out weapon.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I think his chances of making the team are very slim along with all the other UDFA we signed except the DT Louis Pasat. I think most of them have a very good chance of making the practice squad.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Currently this Snead/Fisher pass receiving unit .....Britt (26), Quick(26), Cook (28), Austin(24), Kendricks (27), Bailey(24),Givens (25) & Damian Williams(27).....has some very good NFL experience & who are very entrenched here with Fisher.

Those 8 were the main pass catchers last season on the master roster. I see no need @ the moment to think that above cadre will be threatened by any of the new arrivals like large target Ferguson.

Well rounded Emory Blake has been a Ram since 2013 TC. Blake is well known here & his father is ex NFL QB Jeff Blake. Blake does have a very nice ability to #1- Extend for deep balls over his shoulder to bring them in & #2- Tightropes the sideline as we have seen in pre season games. This will be Blake's third Ram TC & pre season & this pass receiver would have a serious edge over any other WR that new coming in now if injuries were to hit this pass receiving unit.

With the brand new refurbished OL & with only two of last season starters returning & then add to the fact both have had off season surgeries & presently on the shelf....with an offense built for power running ....would indicate that the TE/H-back's types will be used in heavy duty action very early & often this season.

My thinking & meaning says .......that if a roster spot was to open up for a possible pass catcher its would seem highly likely that this able handed player would come out of experience better players TE/H-back's types cadre of Bayer, Cunningham, Smelley & possibly Laskey first & not a brand new rookie wide out.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not over Givens...Not over Damien Williams....Not over Wylie...hell, not over Blake...