Is the NFL Fixed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is the NFL fixed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Unfortunately I believe there are sports game that are fixed. Especially after one of the refs in the Laker-Kings game admitted to cheating. It's gone on in boxing forever. Seattles first SB was so blantent I could not keep watching it. Heck everyone knows the Patriots have cheated for years and that is a flat out fact. So Yes, the NFL is fixed at times. That is just a fact no one can deny.

fearsomefour

Legend
That video is the height of stupidity. I stopped watching after the Davis "touchdown"....it is clear CLEAR that the arm not carrying the ball is down before the ball hits the goal line.
All of this reminds me of the lame Pop Warner or Little League parents complaining that the refs/ump doesnt was "us" to win. No, your little angel sucks, his coach sucks and his team sucks. Just so weak.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I don't know. I was thinking someone here could make an even more stark example using a Ram's game such as the last one against Dallas...Except use Hitler as the narrator.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
That video is the height of stupidity. I stopped watching after the Davis "touchdown"....it is clear CLEAR that the arm not carrying the ball is down before the ball hits the goal line.
All of this reminds me of the lame Pop Warner or Little League parents complaining that the refs/ump doesnt was "us" to win. No, your little angel sucks, his coach sucks and his team sucks. Just so weak.
this is exactly why the NFL can get away with it cus every team cries wolf. even when your fucking team has been to back to back conference championships. so when it does blatantly happen nobody thinks twice.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Hahaha a Whiner fan making a video the NFL is fixed when his favorite team loses? Wow. Gee, Mr. Idiot Niner fan, how about look at the fact that your team owner in the 1980s and 1990s was a mobster and convicted felon for bribery? If any games were ever fixed, that most likely started and ended with the 49ers.

fearsomefour

Legend
this is exactly why the NFL can get away with it cus every team cries wolf. even when your freaking team has been to back to back conference championships. so when it does blatantly happen nobody thinks twice.
So the proof of a conspiracy is both silence and everyone screaming conspiracy.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
NFL referees are fucked. They are assholes with too much power and the ability to change the outcome of NFL games on a whim. Their own personal biases (you don't think they were/are fans of certain cities/franchises?) clearly bubble up involuntarily and deliberately. There are not enough checks and balances to insure a fairly called game. One - one - blown call should be a mandatory reassignment to the classroom for further scrutiny and education. The commissioner is a boot polisher for the owners - nothing more. He does as he is told, or he loses his golden goose. freak him too. Certain franchises have been taking crap from this league for decades - mostly because their owners didn't play ball with the rest of the old farts club. Guess who? Rams, Raiders, Tampa, Buffalo - the legacy ownership of those franchises were all buddies and pissed off the rest, including that little rat faced prick Pete Rozelle (freak him too). freak I'm sick of this crap.
Rant on, Brother, rant on!

Klaus

UDFA
Not all games, but that Rams vs Cowboy's game sure was. Just look at the game and the unreal calls. Also ask your self "who would benefit from a Rams loss" I will tell you who... The NFL and the greed of Rodger Goodell. It's all about running the fan support off so Stan can take the Rams to LA. All the NFL owners will cash in big from relocation fee. Do you think it's by accident both Rams prime-time games are in October ? Red October when the St Louis Cardinals always make a play off run. You think this is far fetched ? I don't...
The NFL is run by a bunch of money hungry owners. Just look at the scandal with the Ravens. The owner cut a deal with Goodell for a lesser suspension. Look it happens and it's going on right now with the Rams. In the end MONEY wins and St Louis will lose. And YES the fix is in.
Make no mistake St Louis is a GREAT SPORTS TOWN. Also it kills me when outsiders make statements like "St Louis is a Baseball town." Well yes we are a great Baseball town and a great Hockey town and a great Football town ! But 10 plus years of crap football and a owner that will NOT commit to the city what do you expect ? That would take the wind out of ANY city. I think after what we have put up with 10 plus yrs the city as shown tremendous support !

rams2050

Starter
The Mensa forum did a similar survey and, I believe, about 80% of respondents thought the NFL was fixed.

Why would media cover this issue when the NFL sells so darned many freaking newspaper and magazine subscriptions, keeping writers employed, as well as single-issue sales? Why when the NFL is probably the subject of the most popular websites and online magazines in the world. Why would ANY writer kill, metaphorically speaking, the goose (NFL) that lays their golden eggs?

That is why when the Spygate issue hit the fan that it resulted in a 'one and done' news cycle. One article for most news outlets and then forgotten. Leave it to Bryan O'Leary to write "Spygate: The Untold Story" and then have a devil of a time even getting ANY major news outlet to review it. A few brave souls did review it, but again, it was swept under the rug, for the most part.

I truly believe that people enjoy their football and that most DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH. If they KNEW the extent to which the NFL is rigged, then they would no longer be able to enjoy the games.

Think of "1984" and the 'football (soccer), lottery, beer, and constantly changing 'enemies'' of the regime, all of which are essential to keeping the proles (proletariat) happy and able to be controlled.

Makes you sort of wonder, doesn't it? At least those of you who have read "1984." :cautious:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
So the proof of a conspiracy is both silence and everyone screaming conspiracy.
not any conspiracy but THIS conspiracy yes. isn't it easiest for the wolf to appear after everyone cries wolf so much that nobody thinks twice to look when it actually really happens?