Iphone 6 and Iphone 6 plus

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-Paul

UDFA
Name
Paul
Anybody have a windows phone? They look pretty badass, but I don't know if I wanna make the switch from Android.
On my second one, currently Nokia Lumia 925. Absolutey love it even more since the 8.1 OS update. The phone OS is buttery smooth which was a selling point for me. I have all the apps I need but the gap is there, just make sure what you can't live without is there or else you will hate it no matter the platform.

On a side note, been a member for a while and love it here at ROD but it takes a phone post to get me out of the shadows???

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
On my second one, currently Nokia Lumia 925. Absolutey love it even more since the 8.1 OS update. The phone OS is buttery smooth which was a selling point for me. I have all the apps I need but the gap is there, just make sure what you can't live without is there or else you will hate it no matter the platform.

On a side note, been a member for a while and love it here at ROD but it takes a phone post to get me out of the shadows???
Thanks man. What does it use for syncing with your laptop or desktop?

And ... welcome!

T-Paul

UDFA
Name
Paul
Thanks man. What does it use for syncing with your laptop or desktop?

And ... welcome!

Thanks!

I am using Windows 8 for which you can download a Windows Phone app for syncing. I don't know how it syncs pre-Windows 8.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks!

I am using Windows 8 for which you can download a Windows Phone app for syncing. I don't know how it syncs pre-Windows 8.
Cool. I have Windows 8.

Unfortunately.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Now that your out in the broad daylight hi there.

I came very close to buying a Windows phone when I first got a Galaxy but I stayed with Android. I was impressed with it but it seemed to be geared a little more towards people who are big on social media, maybe I'm wrong but I got that impression. I only know one person that has a WIndows phone that doesn't love it.

The Blackberry was also enticing but not as much, maybe it was the old Crackberry in me that had me looking.

I'm going to take another look at Windows when I have an upgrade available to see how they are moving along.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I had an iPhone from the 3 all the way up to the 4s. I used to ride the way of early upgrades every time a new one came out. I could sell my old phone for the price of the upgrade. Finally AT&T stopped allowing the early upgrade. It's kind of bad. I used to upgrade the iPhone because the new one was always so much better than the last. Then the last few came out and I couldn't justify spending $200 on the same phone with a new model #. I've had a Galaxy s4 about a year.

Not sure if I want an iPhone 6 or not. All smart phone brands have their quirks. The iPhones are annoying because they are playing catchup these days and have all the proprietary b.s. (cables, iTunes) and you can't replace the battery. The Samsungs are cool, but my battery life has been crap until I bought a new one, and the keyboard lags really bad. But yeah, they're all just smart phones.

IMO HTC is the best of the business. I had the EVO 3D and it was awesome. Cool little effects and rarely got hot. I got the S4 and it's cool, but its kinda standard. Plus it gets hot pretty quickly.

I agree and I had an iphone for a couple of weeks and took it back. Verizon lets you try before you buy for a 40 dollar fee. I spent way to much time correcting typos on text messages because of the size of the screen.

I prefer the Android platform simply because Galaxy is leading the pack in innovations and I can customize my phone to be what I want it to be. When Apple gets smarter they will let their users do that.

I use a keyboard called SwiftKey, it's the best out there. Why can't iphone users use it too? It's just silly of them IMO.

Yeah the customization on any Android fun really makes it feel like you. Got lots of widgets that I need; plus one screen devoted to sports scores. It's awesome.

SwiftKey? Is it more stable than Google keyboard?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
IMO HTC is the best of the business. I had the EVO 3D and it was awesome. Cool little effects and rarely got hot. I got the S4 and it's cool, but its kinda standard. Plus it gets hot pretty quickly.

Yeah the customization on any Android fun really makes it feel like you. Got lots of widgets that I need; plus one screen devoted to sports scores. It's awesome.

SwiftKey? Is it more stable than Google keyboard?

Swiftkey crushes every other keyboard out there.

Apple essentially copied it for their new keyboard.

Go get it and you'll see what I mean.

Angry Ram

Why? NFC? Damn straight. But why? Well, like iTunes, before rolling this out, they already got tons of merchants on board. Enough to create critical mass in the market place. Corporations with Apple Pay capabilities will see significant percentage increases in their 4th quarter earnings over their competitors who don't. No Droid phone can offer that. No windows phone can offer that. Not that kind of ubiquity and not so easily that "Grandma" can figure it out. Adding a CC is as easy as point and shoot. Paying, if you're using the same CC as is on your iTunes account is App>click>Home+TouchID = Done.

Whoa there, let's not declare that Apple is gonna take over the convenience and etched habits of the credit card.

And, across the mobile networks, I would like to think the majority of the population would be hesitant to trust paying over that.

And of course, you gotta have the people that own it in the first place. What's the average cost? $300 for the phone at least?

-Those willing to pay for that.

-Those having the income that can buy items that cost so much needing a credit card or Apple Pay.

-Corporations actually having the service.

-Those that have the tech know-how to do it. Believe it or not, there are a ton of people that don't even know how to use smartphones.

Add all that up and the market is really, really small.

The watch? IMO wearable tech is a fad, just like 3DTV, Google glasses, etc.

I don't believe Apple is gonna change things...so far it's a gimmick to me.

Swiftkey crushes every other keyboard out there.

Apple essentially copied it for their new keyboard.

Go get it and you'll see what I mean.

Ok, will do.

T-Paul

UDFA
Name
Paul
Now that your out in the broad daylight hi there.

I came very close to buying a Windows phone when I first got a Galaxy but I stayed with Android. I was impressed with it but it seemed to be geared a little more towards people who are big on social media, maybe I'm wrong but I got that impression. I only know one person that has a WIndows phone that doesn't love it.

The Blackberry was also enticing but not as much, maybe it was the old Crackberry in me that had me looking.

I'm going to take another look at Windows when I have an upgrade available to see how they are moving along.

It feels good out here in the light.

My old Lumia 900 which had WP7.5 was very much geared towards social media, pretty much the same for WP8 but that changed with WP8.1 release. I still have my live tiles for certain info but really prefer the notification center added in 8.1 so I can see what I want when I want (except for the string of game score updates last Sunday). Also I find Cortana useful for reminders, use it a lot more than I thought I would.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I got my mom a Windows phone. She likes it a lot, although I might switch her to an iPhone as she's starting to get annoyed with it (not sure why, she's up visiting and I'll likely find out today)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The new ios8 came out today and I must say the new typing program they stole is bad ass!!! Loving it so far. I keep tripping it up so it'll learn and its doing a great job. Can't wait to see how it performs when I'm drunk.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Whoa there, let's not declare that Apple is gonna take over the convenience and etched habits of the credit card.

And, across the mobile networks, I would like to think the majority of the population would be hesitant to trust paying over that.

And of course, you gotta have the people that own it in the first place. What's the average cost? $300 for the phone at least?

-Those willing to pay for that.

-Those having the income that can buy items that cost so much needing a credit card or Apple Pay.

-Corporations actually having the service.

-Those that have the tech know-how to do it. Believe it or not, there are a ton of people that don't even know how to use smartphones.

Add all that up and the market is really, really small.

The watch? IMO wearable tech is a fad, just like 3DTV, Google glasses, etc.

I don't believe Apple is gonna change things...so far it's a gimmick to me.

Apple has over 800 MILLION CCs on file in iTunes internationally. That's 10X more than Amazon. iTunes is MASSIVE and even the financial community is starting to wonder if Apple hasn't cracked NFC the way they cracked online music.

I mean, there isn't a significant alternative to iTunes for buying music. When iPod first came out, folks said the same thing about iTunes. Exact same thing, actually. "not that many people have CCs", "not that many people will use iTunes"... and a host of other issues. And yet? It's the NUMBER ONE way to purchase music and the #2 method is distant...

I'm just saying that BEFORE rolling this out that APPLE already aligned major retailers from Macy's/Bloomingdale's to McDonalds and Starbucks and a TON of others. Their initial offering is substantial enough that it will catch on.

And here's the deal. It's crazy secure. It's not just an "iCloud" thing. It uses not only TouchID, but Secure Element, meaning that the vendor never sees your CC information, but only a one-time use number and the encrypted information is sent on to your bank. So, unless a person was one of the idiots who trained their TouchID to the head of their penis or their nipple (yes, some have), then this becomes a very convenient and secure way to shop. Actually, FAR MORE secure than CCs. I can't tell you how much more. Countless times I offer my ID because for larger purchases, I WANT the person to check my ID and the cashier couldn't be the least interested.

Lastly, if you've seen the Apple Pay demo, it couldn't be easier. I mean, if you can use a TV Remote, then you can do this because this is easier. Entering a CC is point and click. The system actually verifies it's your CC so you can't enter a CC that's not yours and you choose which CC/debit card you want to pay with. If you want to use the "standard" card that comes with iTunes, it's even easier.

I'm not an Apple fanboy or apologist. As a former multimedia and network engineer, I've had to create solutions that require stuff to work in production settings. So, I've shouted F words at just about every vendor... and usually threw in a "them sideways" because, ya know... production schedules and deadlines just suck.

But I'm using my professional knowledge of the underpinnings of this tech and what I know to call this. This will be a massive hit.

If iPhone changed Apple from a computer company into a phone company... Apple Pay may just change Apple from a phone company into a digital payment clearinghouse in a way and with a penetration that not even PayPal has dreamed of.

The iPhone 6 is nice and I'm going to get the 6 Plus because..well, my iPhone 4 is ancient and I always get things last and my kids make fun of my old phone...lol. But neither the iPhone 6 nor the Apple Watch was the real BIG announcement the other day.

Apple Pay was the biggest deal and the NFC built into the Apple 6 and going forward will drive sales of those phones and watches to ridiculous amounts.

I'm over platform wars (lost too much time in my life to that worthless pursuit during the Mac/Windows trench warfare...). So for me, this is about what works and what will be the deal going forward.

I'll write up a spiel on Apple Pay and why it's such an innovation and post it in the Never Enough RAM channel. (bows for getting in shameless plug....thank you, thank you)

Angry Ram

Apple has over 800 MILLION CCs on file in iTunes internationally. That's 10X more than Amazon. iTunes is MASSIVE and even the financial community is starting to wonder if Apple hasn't cracked NFC the way they cracked online music.

I mean, there isn't a significant alternative to iTunes for buying music. When iPod first came out, folks said the same thing about iTunes. Exact same thing, actually. "not that many people have CCs", "not that many people will use iTunes"... and a host of other issues. And yet? It's the NUMBER ONE way to purchase music and the #2 method is distant...

I'm just saying that BEFORE rolling this out that APPLE already aligned major retailers from Macy's/Bloomingdale's to McDonalds and Starbucks and a TON of others. Their initial offering is substantial enough that it will catch on.

And here's the deal. It's crazy secure. It's not just an "iCloud" thing. It uses not only TouchID, but Secure Element, meaning that the vendor never sees your CC information, but only a one-time use number and the encrypted information is sent on to your bank. So, unless a person was one of the idiots who trained their TouchID to the head of their penis or their nipple (yes, some have), then this becomes a very convenient and secure way to shop. Actually, FAR MORE secure than CCs. I can't tell you how much more. Countless times I offer my ID because for larger purchases, I WANT the person to check my ID and the cashier couldn't be the least interested.

Lastly, if you've seen the Apple Pay demo, it couldn't be easier. I mean, if you can use a TV Remote, then you can do this because this is easier. Entering a CC is point and click. The system actually verifies it's your CC so you can't enter a CC that's not yours and you choose which CC/debit card you want to pay with. If you want to use the "standard" card that comes with iTunes, it's even easier.

I'm not an Apple fanboy or apologist. As a former multimedia and network engineer, I've had to create solutions that require stuff to work in production settings. So, I've shouted F words at just about every vendor... and usually threw in a "them sideways" because, ya know... production schedules and deadlines just suck.

But I'm using my professional knowledge of the underpinnings of this tech and what I know to call this. This will be a massive hit.

If iPhone changed Apple from a computer company into a phone company... Apple Pay may just change Apple from a phone company into a digital payment clearinghouse in a way and with a penetration that not even PayPal has dreamed of.

The iPhone 6 is nice and I'm going to get the 6 Plus because..well, my iPhone 4 is ancient and I always get things last and my kids make fun of my old phone...lol. But neither the iPhone 6 nor the Apple Watch was the real BIG announcement the other day.

Apple Pay was the biggest deal and the NFC built into the Apple 6 and going forward will drive sales of those phones and watches to ridiculous amounts.

I'm over platform wars (lost too much time in my life to that worthless pursuit during the Mac/Windows trench warfare...). So for me, this is about what works and what will be the deal going forward.

I'll write up a spiel on Apple Pay and why it's such an innovation and post it in the Never Enough RAM channel. (bows for getting in shameless plug....thank you, thank you)

I didn't mention itunes. That worked because it was the first of it's kind. And I would hope since it started it all would be #1. Plus, it only cost .99 a song vs. $3000 for a large screen TV, for example.

Again,I think you're overestimating the actual number of people that have the income, ability, and tech knowledge to do buy an iphone 6 and use the service as well as competition from the Android phones. I'm not saying it can be effective, but it will take time before it becomes so common that it changes everything. This is vs. itunes, as it's a pure digital service and you don't need all those resources.

Finally, regarding security: It can be the most secure thing, but it's up to the customer to decide. I get the feeling people would be more hesitant to put credit card info on a phone and risk losing it; either the phone itself or through the hacks, in their minds.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I mean, there isn't a significant alternative to iTunes for buying music. When iPod first came out, folks said

VINYL
is the significant alternative

Analog is the only way to experience music cause it's real and not some digital interpretation of music

image.jpg

reggae

iphone6_.jpg

iphone6_bigger.jpg

iPhone_5s_vs_iPhone_6.jpg

That Iphone 6 plus is a huge phone! They did a good job on the redesign though. I might actually get one when my contract is up in November.
too big. 6 is perfect. but i have 5s won't be upgrading soon. I hope as they continue they offer the 4.7" design

RamzFanz

Damnit

My god man. 3 posts in over a year?!

bhKk4QS.gif

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

My work here is done.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
http://www.dailydot.com/lol/iphone-6-bendgate-billboard/

b2e42e454efb977f5f3be2f642c9eeab.jpg

This Apple billboard is unintentionally amazing

By Rob Price on October 01, 2014

Is it deliberate? Is it a beautiful accident? We don’t care. All we know is that this bent iPhone 6 billboard is the best thing we’ve ever seen.

Apple’s been plagued with bad press since the launch of its new handsets over the claims that the iPhone 6 Plus is so big it’s easy to accidentally bend in your pocket. Some maintain the problem is overblown—but since the early videos, it’s becoming a bona fide phenomenon, with pre-bent phone cases on sale, and foolish teens going into Apple stores to test the rumors for themselves.

Apple, for the record, contends that only nine people have complained about bent iPhones.

By4CUfpIYAAxcRg.jpg

Despite that statements, it appears a billboard in Berlin is getting in on the bendgate action—a kink in the design of the structure has left an advertisement for Apple’s new handset generating entirely the wrong kind of publicity.

ByzJWf5IgAA2S3e.jpg:large

And that’s not all—a Dutch display cabinet shape is also garnering retweets and laughs on Twitter, at Apple’s expense:

Whoops.

ShaneFalco

so Apple just copied everything from Samsung and called it a new phone?

They lost their touch without Jobs.

The thing that pisses me most off about Apple is their "ecosystem". I spent thousands of dollars on itunes for years on Songs, Movies, etc.

They refuse to make them cross compatabile with other companies devices. Sure i can download itunes on my pc, but not my android?

No thanks. Ill just rip music and download it to my new phone for free. If it had been compatible, i probably would have kept spending money in the Itunes store. But forget about that now. Im never going back!

Last edited by a moderator: