Invader Alert for @Mojo Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hey @Mojo Ram! You live in Arizona right!? Well I just got a Facebook message from My Niece, who lives in Northern Arizona, that she has had to Kill 16 Scorpions in he yard in the last 3 Days! Is that common this time of year!?!

19424318.jpg

Scorpions.jpg

I told her I hate anything that Crawls and Bites! I had a nasty experience with a 12 inch Centapede in Viet Nam!

bnw

Pro Bowler
We have tiny scorpions here 1-2 inches in length. Sting is like a wasp.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
cdc46720-8e77-11e3-ad31-7054d21a8f10.gif

Scorpions suck.

I wonder if it has to do with a lot of the seismic activity?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Hey @Mojo Ram! You live in Arizona right!? Well I just got a Facebook message from My Niece, who lives in Northern Arizona, that she has had to Kill 16 Scorpions in he yard in the last 3 Days! Is that common this time of year!?!

View attachment 20353
View attachment 20354
I told her I hate anything that Crawls and Bites! I had a nasty experience with a 12 inch Centapede in Viet Nam!
Yeah those little fuckers love to move indoors when the temps rise. Its always a good idea to scan your house and property often with a blacklight in the summer.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'm so glad I don't live in a country where I'm surrounded by animals that want to kill me.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Hope you are keeping cool, @Mojo Ram
Death heat has yet to arrive in Texas but it's getting there

I had a scorpion crawl into my pillowcase and I laid my head down on it and STINGGGGG

honestly though, the scorpions we get here are super small and are harmless really (unless they crawl in your pillow that is)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View attachment 20353
View attachment 20354

Gotta agree with you, Dave. I hate those buggers. I've only seen one in my lifetime (some exist in Florida in the rural areas). It scared the shit out of me. It was trying to hide in my bed.

I'm moving to the Texas desert in a couple months. I'm hoping like hell that scorpions getting into my apartment won't be an issue.

I'm so glad I don't live in a country where I'm surrounded by animals that want to kill me.

Growing up in Florida, I can assure you that it's not fun at times. The most frightening experience I had was going under a bridge in a boat (and of course, you have to go slow because it's a no wake zone), looking up, and realized that there are a shitload of cottonmouths in the rafters above me (they were well above me, but those fuckers are known for dropping into boats).

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
That's why i will always live in the northeast!

4 seasons, no crazy animals, and no crazy weather.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Higher than normal rainfall over the past year, more bugs, more dinner for scorpions.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Shit, I wish it was nature I had to worry about. Its other people you gotta watch out for here in CA.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
That's why i will always live in the northeast!

4 seasons, no crazy animals, and no crazy weather.
...evil goddamned chipmunks, though... and that storm that blew through yesterday actually hit my house with lightning, blew up a TV and my central air compressor.

bnw

Pro Bowler
...evil goddamned chipmunks, though... and that storm that blew through yesterday actually hit my house with lightning, blew up a TV and my central air compressor.

That sucks.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Ouch....but imagine living in the Mid West where those storms are normal for those folks. Hope you get all that stuff fixed quickly and hope there was not too much damage to your house.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ticks vs Scorpions:thinking:

I'll take on the Scorpions over dealing with these ticks!

These South Eastern Ticks can deliver Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever blood diseases (RMFS) may be more rampant & can damage you & even kill you much more slowly through major organ failures if not addressed fast..