Inglewood Mayor on NFL Team Possibility

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Interesting interview from the Inglewood mayor James Butts regarding the Hollywood Park property and working "diligently" to try and get an NFL team there. Also, we should know by the owners meeting in March if anyone is serious regarding a potential move to Inglewood.

NFL discussion starts around 12:30 - http://www.eurweb.com/2014/07/inglewood ... -his-city/

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Oh please....just stop? Can we worry about getting enough books for the kids first & free lunches? Maybe some after school programs & tutoring...Geez!

RmsBlsCds

UDFA
HAHAHA @LACHAMP46.

Very good point.

I love how she tried 2 or 3 times to get him to talk about specifics with the Rams and Kroenke and he wisely dodged that question by 200 feet.

All he really said was that he feels if they come he feels his city can handle an NFL team very well as far as traffic flow, etc. He also mentioned the reality that you need a team, a dedicated owner, and someone willing to foot the bill for a stadium.

I have always felt the NFL was working its way to putting two expansion teams in LA (1 NFC and 1 AFC). Goodell consistently emphasizes the point that it is in their best interest to work with existing cities on keeping teams there. Of course it is! You are not expanding if you are relocating...

I think at minimum they put an expansion NFC team there and then possibly the Raiders or Chargers move, as that might have the least impact on those fan bases and likely to keep those fans interested in those teams. Other cities like San Antonio and Las Vegas could be possible destinations for that AFC expansion if the NFL so chooses.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Do these "LA wants an NFL team" threads show up weekly on every other team board too or just the St Louis Rams' boards?
beating_a_dead_horse.jpg