In 1993 AT&T predicts the future.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Now if they could just fix their phone service...

I went to a game in AT&T stadium. No service.
A few years ago I was in NYC with a friend of mine. He had AT&T and couldn't get service all over town. Meanwhile, my Verizon service was fine. But I can understand. It's not like we were in the largest market in the US. They probably had to put their vast resources toward other areas of the country.... like Texas... Oh wait.

bluecoconuts

Legend
A few years ago I was in NYC with a friend of mine. He had AT&T and couldn't get service all over town. Meanwhile, my Verizon service was fine. But I can understand. It's not like we were in the largest market in the US. They probably had to put their vast resources toward other areas of the country.... like Texas... Oh wait.

My work is the one place where AT&T works better than Verizon. I switched desks in the lab because my desk was a dead zone and I had full bars at the other desk. 10 feet away (granted a wall separates it) it's retarded.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I use AT&T - well, Cricket, which they own and uses their network. In Phoenix I get much better service than I had with Virgin Mobile (aka Sprint). It varies depending on your city, and the area within the city. With Sprint, there were literally dead areas within a few feet of good spots in my home. Not an issue since I switched to Cricket.

Since I don't care about the absolute latest tech at mind-boggling prices, pre-pay makes too much sense for me.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Maybe AT&T should have done a little less predicting and a little more innovating.... :D

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe AT&T should have done a little less predicting and a little more innovating.... :D

Come on, you aren't looking forward to faxing from your iPad and video conferencing from payphones at enormous rates?

They predicted the technology, they forgot to include themselves in it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Come on, you aren't looking forward to faxing from your iPad and video conferencing from payphones at enormous rates?

They predicted the technology, they forgot to include themselves in it.

Honestly, they probably weren't even predicting, that was probably all technology their R&D team was working on at the time, and it just so happened that they were able to jump further than originally predicted.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly, they probably weren't even predicting, that was probably all technology their R&D team was working on at the time, and it just so happened that they were able to jump further than originally predicted.

Yep. Probably.

They did have video pay phones at like airports for awhile. Problem was, no one on the other side had one. Oops.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I use AT&T - well, Cricket, which they own and uses their network. In Phoenix I get much better service than I had with Virgin Mobile (aka Sprint). It varies depending on your city, and the area within the city. With Sprint, there were literally dead areas within a few feet of good spots in my home. Not an issue since I switched to Cricket.

Since I don't care about the absolute latest tech at mind-boggling prices, pre-pay makes too much sense for me.
that sh*t would drive me nuts. sit down on couch, lose signal. stand up, regain signal. repeat.