I'm PUMPED

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who gets you excited!?!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd insert a nice gif here, but I'll save it for the booty thread. Seriously, someone just made a post about not being "excited" about this coming season...So I'm here to say....out loud....who's high-light video does it for you? Who's about to beast out?
Tavon

Todd

Aaron

TJ

Tru

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek7t8oDsL6Q

Alec

Goff
psych, he's gotta have Rams highlights:mrburnsevil:

You forgot this one!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDnk4DffvU

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Gave me a boner with that one....;)

I'm not done yet!!!

cattailfeature1.jpg.jpg

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I've got a really good feeling about this season, too.

Not as in SB, mind you.

More of a hearing our opponents saying, "Who ARE these guys"?

I think the final missing pieces fell into place this offseason.

Goff
Higbee
Cooper
Groh

Laugh if you want. And I know that it will take a bit of time for all the pieces to gel together. But I think that the Rams are ready to rejoin the annual playoff hunt.

This year, the playoffs.

Next year, maybe the SB. I'm feeling it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
don'y know about you, but back surgery scares me.....any lil tweak, and off to the sidelines he'll go...lets let him get a season in...health wise...I'm more nervous than pumped for Quinn....
The one guy that I missed that I'm really excited about is Greg Robinson...but linemen don't have youtube clips....LOL

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well honestly I do not have an offseason that I rank in excitement over the current 2015 ... As good as this one? Sure but the only 2 others that I will mention is the offseason of 98 and the offseason of 2000. (why?)

After the 98 season ended the Rams signed Trent Green, Adam Timmerman and traded for Marshall Faulk. They also drafted Tory Holt, hired Martz as the OC and made a few other under the radar transactions that just felt surreal to me. That offseason gave me a fuzzy feeling to the point that after the 2nd preseason game, I bet $20 on them to win the NFC Championship Game and another $20 on them to win the Super Bowl. Yes I cashed in big on that little amount and still have xerox copies of both tickets in a shoe box.

Funny thing and true story is that my Boss a 49ers die hard, knew me very well in football terms and since he knew I wasn't at all a gambler except for a rare occasional $5 gentleman's bet, he also threw down $20 on the Rams to win the Super Bowl.

Now mind you before he did, he laughed and mocked me when I first told him I was going to do it or I wouldn't be able to enjoy the 99 season knowing what I felt at the time was not some broken down Rams fan reaching for the stars after a few fancy Free Agent acquisitions and their drafting of Torry Holt etc. I just had to put a few bucks down after that 98 offseason ended to justify what I felt and because of how well I knew that team before they made all the moves. I thought about it daily about a week before preseason started.

It wasn't until after I gave my boss that look you give someone you know very well (bro this is not a joke or a naive hopeless romantic trying to get lucky.... there is something different going on here)..... He looked me back in the eyes with that glare of okay man you're probably costing me a lousy $20 but I know you too well so he felt compelled to bet $20 on his arch rival hated Rams to win the Lombardi.

He still to this day says after Trent Green went down for the season the next week vs the Chargers it was the most unreal thing to ever happen in all his sports betting. (He's lives in NorCal and still runs a small company that I worked at for almost 10 years) to this day that is the only time i ever bet the Rams to win a super bowl..

After the 2000 offseason ended with the heartbreaking Hakim fumble vs the Saints in the playoffs that ultimately ended the dream of back to back Super Bowl wins (even with that horrendous defense) I licked my wounds and moved on to the the next season. I like most of you was watching every step they made that 2000 offseason. The signing of Aeneas Williams and the hiring of Lovie Smith as DC.. The 2 first round draft picks in Damien Lewis and Adam Archuleta and other under the radar moves they made was the other most exciting offseason for me. sadly it ended with a loss in the bowl vs the pats...

So if anyone is still reading this...... the 2015 offseason has been in my top 3 of all time and because it is the most recent of the 3 and I appreciate life a little more in my 40's, it definitely has me excited for the upcoming 2016 season on the same level as the 2 others I mentioned above.. I don't need to give the player personnel and reasons why because all of you know every move they have made including one that is very special to many... the one of them moving back to Los Angeles...

Lets Go 2016 LA Rams.. make us fans proud again... :yess:

i

980x420-lacoliseum_com-2-22-16.jpg

Well I up'd you that year by a lot. What odds did you get & from where ?

--Most underated Ram that season was Tony Horne !!

Last year was a killer !! Greg Zureliien screwed me. How many big kicks did he miss & games he lost .

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just a small correction, It was HC Ray Malavasi who Coached the Rams the year they played the Steelers in SB XIV.
BUT!! Coach Knox, without a doubt, belongs in the Hall of Fame!
Ahhh, correct....still ground Chuck's team tho.....

Yes, all the off-season work with Bentley....plus, he'll be blocking for a QB & OC that runs the offense like this....
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/11/17/bears-offense-jay-cutler-adam-gase-john-fox

The Bears insisted that their new offense would work. As the first week of training camp wrapped back in early August, it was hard to see how. Or it was at least hard to see when.

After Jay Cutler walked off the field at Chicago’s training camp facility on Aug. 5, he declared that “today was a bad day for us offensively.” He wasn’t lying. The quarterbacks (especially the backups behind Cutler) and wide receivers were beyond just being on the wrong page. They didn’t even seem to have the same playbook—pass after pass was falling incomplete or sailing out of bounds.

But the overarching message that afternoon? Be patient. That’s a tough ask in the results-oriented NFL, but the Bears were insistent offensive coordinator Adam Gase had them trending in the right direction.

Eventually, they promised, everyone would see the progress.

“It’s not something we’re going to pick up in two or three weeks,” Cutler said. “It’s going to take some time and guys have done a really good job on the field and off the field, because if you just do things on the field you’re not going to learn this system as quickly.”

Added Gase: “Every day we’re getting a little bit better.”

Turns out, they were right. The overall statistics may not say so, but as of right now the Bears boast the most dangerous offense in the NFC North. No, not the Aaron Rodgers-led Packers, nor the Vikings with MVP/Comeback Player of the Year contender Adrian Peterson, nor the Lionswith all their weapons. The Chicago Bears.

Chicago hung 37 points and nearly 400 yards on St. Louis’s top-10 defense Sunday, a rather stunning performance dotted by huge plays. Tight end Zach Miller scored the Bears’ first touchdown by breaking loose for 87 yards; Jeremy Langford later took a screen pass 83 yards, untouched.

The attack was crisp and balanced—258 yards passing and 153 rushing, despiteMatt Forte’s continued absence in the backfield. It was exactly what the Bears envisioned when Gase arrived along with coach John Fox this off-season.

“[It’s] the same thing I’ve talked about all year long,” Cutler said during a press conference last week. “[Gase has] done a great job of making sure the quarterback is comfortable with the system, making sure we’re comfortable with the protections. On game day, he does a really good job on first, second, third down of putting us in good spots.”

Cutler’s apparent comfort level with Gase might be forcing the franchise into a well-documented 180 on its once-beleaguered quarterback.

There were reports over the summer that Fox hoped to move on from Cutler, the sooner the better. Cutler’s balky contract made such a move unfeasible, so all eyes turned to a possible 2016 divorce.

With each passing week, and more importantly with each additional win, such a split is growing harder to envision. The Bears are a respectable 4–5, and Cutler is playing some of the best ball of his career, a stark step forward from his issues under former head coach Marc Trestman and offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer. The 32-year-old QB again could be the Bears’ future, as well as their present.

“He continues to kind of amaze me on what we’re doing, how hard he works at it,” Fox said following Sunday’s 37–13 win. “And then obviously we’re all evaluated on what we do on Sundays. It’s up there—one of our better games as a team.”

The catch-22 in all this is that Gase’s personal coaching stock continues to rise with each step forward by the Bears. Gase was a popular pick to land a head coaching opportunity prior to the 2015 season; he reportedly came very close to the 49ers’ job before they promoted Jim Tomsula.

Tennessee’s brass must be wondering what Gase could do with Marcus Mariota. Same with Ryan Tannehill in Miami. Or how about Detroit and Matthew Stafford? The calls will come, so the Bears may have no choice but to hit the reset button again in the coming months.

Chicago could face a similar dilemma on defense, too. There, Vic Fangio has milked several respectable outings from an overmatched group, despite Bears GM Ryan Pace tinkering with the roster all the while.

The Bears’ hope for this season never fell to Fangio. The defense was expected to improve ... but how could it not, given last year’s nightmarish effort under then coordinator Mel Tucker? For this to be anything other than a stepping-stone season, Gase’s offense had to lead the way.

Shoulda put Gase in the poll....my bad

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Had to go with Aaron Donald. This is gonna be AD's defense dudes, and it's gonna be N.A.S.T.Y.!!!!