I'm on day 26 of a Water Fast, and I've lost 45 pounds!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I got tired of being over weight, so I started water fasting. I don't feel hungry, and I've been working out. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. I weighed 230 when I started my water fast ( No food, just water and carbonated water), and now I weigh 185. I'll fast for at least 40 days, maybe more.

If you want to read my fasting journal click on the following link...

http://forum.fitnessthroughfasting....95-Ramsey-Glissadevil-s-Water-Fasting-Journal

I've got a biology degree, and I try to share tips to make fasting easier. My Fasting journal is part of a Site dedicated to all things fasting. This water fast has turned my life around. My skin has cleared up, my nails look like they belong to a 20 year old ( I'm over 50), the rough spots on the bottom of my feet are completely gone...Too many great things have happened to mention here. If your interested in fasting, and want to ask me any questions ask away... Or go and read my daily journal where I cover supplements, hormonal changes, weight lifting, aerobics, yoga, and Pilates, among other things.

Once the regular season starts, I will start posting all things Rams...Sam Bradford's performance against
Green Bay encouraged me greatly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wow. Really? No hunger at all?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Awesome! Thanks for sharing this Ramsey. I read your thread on the linked site and will continue to follow along. Lifting weights and watching 'The Strain' eh? It sounds like you know what you're doing but be careful.

Just out of curiosity, how has this affected your sex life? It's cool if that's too personal too share. All the best of luck to you as you go through the rest of this fast.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Interesting.....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I got tired of being over weight, so I started water fasting. I don't feel hungry, and I've been working out. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. I weighed 230 when I started my water fast ( No food, just water and carbonated water), and now I weigh 185. I'll fast for at least 40 days, maybe more.

If you want to read my fasting journal click on the following link...

http://forum.fitnessthroughfasting....95-Ramsey-Glissadevil-s-Water-Fasting-Journal

I've got a biology degree, and I try to share tips to make fasting easier. My Fasting journal is part of a Site dedicated to all things fasting. This water fast has turned my life around. My skin has cleared up, my nails look like they belong to a 20 year old ( I'm over 50), the rough spots on the bottom of my feet are completely gone...Too many great things have happened to mention here. If your interested in fasting, and want to ask me any questions ask away... Or go and read my daily journal where I cover supplements, hormonal changes, weight lifting, aerobics, yoga, and Pilates, among other things.

Once the regular season starts, I will start posting all things Rams...Sam Bradford's performance against
Green Bay encouraged me greatly.

I really dont think I could pull that off. Not that I need to. I am not overweight. But if I work (landscaping) and dont eat a good enough breakfast, I get the shakes by 11:00. I think it is some form of Hypoglycemia or something. I feel weak and need to get some food in me ASAP!

To lose weight all I do is just eat smaller portions and stay away from sweets. Thanksgiving to New Years adds a few pounds but enough physical activity and eating right melt it away.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
I really dont think I could pull that off. Not that I need to. I am not overweight. But if I work (landscaping) and dont eat a good enough breakfast, I get the shakes by 11:00. I think it is some form of Hypoglycemia or something. I feel weak and need to get some food in me ASAP!

To lose weight all I do is just eat smaller portions and stay away from sweets. Thanksgiving to New Years adds a few pounds but enough physical activity and eating right melt it away.
I thought I had hypoglycemia but my blood sugar readings were always normal. But it turns out I have a stomach ulcer and it made my stomach feel tingly and slightly naseaus and a little fidgity. Since I started on nexium it's a LOT better. Also magnesium helps too. Couple of months ago I was having really bad palpitations where my heart would start pounding for no reason. It was scary. Ended up diagnosing it down to gastritis along with an ulcer as all other tests were normal. Long story, short you might try nexium for 2 weeks and see if it helps with those shakes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Congratulations. Awesome and inspiring.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow. Really? No hunger at all?

After the first two days, I didn't feel hungry, and after a week or 10 days I felt energized enough to work out 3 hours some days. I must be careful about the workouts. Most people don't workout during their fasts, and they report a feelings of energy and well being. Although I'm not hungry I admit to missing the taste of food from time to time. I have dreams of food.

I'm the kind of person who eats once they start eating. Do you know what I mean? Something about grains and some dairy products make me crave food after I eat them. But I can eat an apple and I don't go food crazy.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
How tall are you?

I take after my dad's side of the family...Compact, stocky, and not so tall. I'm 5'8". My sister RamsandEwe ( who is also on this site) takes after my mother's side of the family. Tall and lean. Ewe is 6'0" and weighs 135. Her son is 6'6" and weighs 205. My dad passed on 3 years ago, and my mom had her 80'th birthday yesterday Lean is healthy.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
What are you using to supplement for vitamin loss?

I'm taking about 4 high quality multivitamins a day, and 5,000 mg of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a free radical scavenger and relieves much of the muscle pain. I also take a half of teaspoon of sea salt every 3rd day, because I'm sweating all my salt out. And I take a high quality multi electrolyte supplement every day, plus 5- 6 calcium pills.

Last edited:

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey

Your way is a great way to live. My wife is like you. I'm paying for my sins. I don't have any sugar issues but my wife does, and if she needs to eat, I better get her to a feeding trough fast or I will suffer the consequences!!! I admire your will power to eat small portions.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Be sure to watch that you're body does not slowly shutdown.

Three square meals a day are a relatively modern phenomenon. The reason we carry fat in the first place is because early man was besieged by famines. The body consumes the body fat first, followed by muscular tissue, and finally organs. So I'm not worried about my body shutting down by cannibalizing my organs, but I must be wary of my weight workouts, because I have grown feint a few times. Rest is extremely important. I need at least 10 hours of sleep per 24 hour period. I take my resting pulse rate every morning. If I see an increase of 6-10 beats I will take a workout vacation. Next week my family are going to a bed and breakfast. I won't workout then. Just walk, go to bed, and forgo the breakfast.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Awesome! Thanks for sharing this Ramsey. I read your thread on the linked site and will continue to follow along. Lifting weights and watching 'The Strain' eh? It sounds like you know what you're doing but be careful.

Just out of curiosity, how has this affected your sex life? It's cool if that's too personal too share. All the best of luck to you as you go through the rest of this fast.

All my fat has gone to burning energy. One of the side effects of a water fast is zero sex drive. During famines people don't fuck. Think about your typical Roman orgy scene...Food and sex go together...It's all feast and fuck. Breasts, food, vagina's, and harem girls feeding grapes to horny Roman Generals. Pass the wine, watch the blonde twins, let's play twister!

PS. In my note above, please read freak as...sexual intercourse.

Last edited:

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Three square meals a day are a relatively modern phenomenon. The reason we carry fat in the first place is because early man was besieged by famines. The body consumes the body fat first, followed by muscular tissue, and finally organs. So I'm not worried about my body shutting down by cannibalizing my organs, but I must be wary of my weight workouts, because I have grown feint a few times. Rest is extremely important. I need at least 10 hours of sleep per 24 hour period. I take my resting pulse rate every morning. If I see an increase of 6-10 beats I will take a workout vacation. Next week my family are going to a bed and breakfast. I won't workout then. Just walk, go to bed, and forgo the breakfast.

If you get sick your body can shutdown quickly tho.. I don't get why you're not having fruits and veggies. Or even beans. Health is health. I don't know if being malnourished is healthy lol