I'm not sure Coach Fisher is the answer because...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I have a bad feeling lately about coach Fisher. The team does not seem to be well coached. Our Rams do not seem as disciplined as other NFL teams. I don't feel like he'll even say or do much about Cook pushing Davis, either publicly or privately.

Do any of you realize how difficult it is to LOSE a game when you are up 21-0 ? It takes a "special" team to allow that to happen. The more I see and watch Fisher's press conferences the more I worry that he's actually a pretty average coach, maybe below average. I'm tired of his attitude he has in interviews where has that "it's no big deal" attitude. To him apparently nothing is a big deal. "We'll fix that."

It's ok to be a "players coach" but you also have to take action when it's needed. Make each player, each coach, accountable for continuous bad play and play calling. Is Fisher better than the former 2 Rams coaches? Yes. But is he better than someone like Bruce Arians? No, I don't thing Fisher is. I'm worried about his overall (take everything into consideration) running of this team. What if he DIDN'T have the benefit of the extra RG3 draft picks? We'd be even worse than now.

Am I alone with this point of view about Jeff Fisher?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
My biggest complaint with Fisher is that he just accepts the officials bending his team over week after week. He is a well respected member of the compitition committee yet the officials show him no respect.

Alan

Legend
I thought that before we hired him and nothing he's done has changed that but now is not the time to talk about getting rid of anyone IMO. Now is the time to band together and see if we can work through this with what we have. Otherwise it's just going to be negativity all year long. We have a lot of good players on the team. Let's see what happens.

SlaterFan

It bothers me some of the player Evaluations this bunch does...they didn't seem to notice A Davis's seemingly decent abilities , cut him A coupla times.....they draft running backs high that never seem to play....or they give up 2 draft picks for a 175 pound receiver ...or get a TE with hands of stone in crunch time, and Fisher coached this guy before....don't have plan B for the Bradford injury...claim a qb of waivers for a half mil a year, yet seem to have the same guy in Davis...

To be fair, they have found some jewels like " the leg " and Stacy....

Which reminds me...why do we punt a lot when whe are in obviously " the legs " range ?

e

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And Fisher's latest issue I have with him, is his stubbornness to say Hill will be the starter in week 5. It's just crazy. You see A Davis numbers today?

SlaterFan

And Fisher's latest issue I have with him, is his stubbornness to say Hill will be the starter in week 5. It's just crazy. You see A Davis numbers today?

That is yet another thing...but he may be right...but the kid is playing fantastic...the team responds to him..

Speeps

Starter
Fisher is a good builder of teams. There's no question he infused quite a bit of talent into STL. However, I dont know if he's the guy to get us to the promise land.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And Fisher's latest issue I have with him, is his stubbornness to say Hill will be the starter

I am really conflicted on who is the best QB for our next game.

But, the stubbornness you refer worries me as well. He seems like an "I know better" kind of guy. I don't like that.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
When we hired fisher I thought we hired the best coach available. After three games last year I felt we were a poorly coached team. We turned it around. After three games this year again I have concern. Today in particullar. We had over 100 yards in penalties. Coachable issue. Not kicking the three points to put a stop to 17 unanswered points was inexcusably poor game decision. There was another small thing that really buggged me. At the end of the first half we didnt bring the ball out of the endzone on the kickoff-there was two seconds left. Than we took ak nee. In effect we gave up an opportunity for a scoring play. The return man wwasn't properly cooached. Im not saying anybody needs to be canned what I am sayi g isneverbody from the players on down need to take a long look.

Athos

Legend
He's infused the Rams with the most talent they've had since the GSOT days...

But he has his faults. The undisciplined nature of the team is the most frustrating. For a team that already gets phantom calls, you don't need to add to that by reckless, dumb play and more penalties. Rams gotta play clean. They haven't under Fisher.

He is stubborn too. You play your best cards. Your starting QB is already down. Go with the hot hand at QB. We aren't making the playoffs with the D playing like this, so push Davis to his limits.

A55VA6

Legend
I don't think he's a playoffs or championship answer. If we want to compete for 5 to 8 wins then he's our guy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's infused the Rams with the most talent they've had since the GSOT days...

IT would sure seem that way.

But; we haven't seen it materialize in the results.

V3

Hall of Fame
Fisher is a good builder of teams. There's no question he infused quite a bit of talent into STL. However, I dont know if he's the guy to get us to the promise land.
Good builder of teams? When? He's a .500 career coach and he has a large sample size. We've had a ton of top picks and we're still asking the question of when this team is going to get over the hump. Seattle had just as much roster turnover as the Rams with fewer picks and lower in the draft and in year three of their rebuild they went 11-5. We are in year three. I don't see us getting close to that.

I think Fisher is a very good leader and can get max effort out of his players but I have growing concerns about most of the other stuff. I get really tired of seeing other teams being able to turn it around and then being told that it just takes time, be patient, one more year. I'm really tired of excuses. There's always something.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm starting to doubt Fisher myself, he's made this team a talented and tough one, but it's completely not coming together. It's not just a youth thing, they come out completely unprepared and looking outmatched multiple times and continue with multiple faux pas that have been killing them for way too long. Long enough for a coach to say it's time to stop and actually rectify them, but it doesn't seem like Fisher's rectifying anything and just letting it get worse until it gestates into a season destroying incident, like the Bradford injury. I'm not saying oust him, but I'm starting not to trust him and I don't think he should have as much power as he does anymore, he's shown he can't handle it.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I started a post weeks ago that Fisher is a franchise coach. I still feel that way.

But, he may have loyalties to coaches who are not delivering. The results are his. How does he adjust?

Last year we started slow on D and it was too late to recover. This year, same.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know its been done to death but losing your starting QB changes everything. How the coach handles the adversity is the question. The defense is just a mystery to me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I know its been done to death but losing your starting QB changes everything. How the coach handles the adversity is the question. The defense is just a mystery to me.

Too much top of the draft talent for me to give the D a pass, despite a serious challenge at QB.

The D isn't playing like the Ravens Super Bowl run and it should be closer to that.

duckhunter

Starter
Here's my take but it makes no difference whether I like it or not:

If we get a few more losses like this one, and there are very easily a few more on the schedule, gird your loins when the 'fire him' comments start to roll in.

The writing is on the wall, people's opinions are changing, right or wrong.

ram007

Starter
I am OK with Fisher but in this division against harbaugh, carroll, arians; i will start to have my doubts about Fisher if this year we win less than 8 games