I'm expecting significantly better O results this year...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Think about it...

For openers, a legitimate starting QB that can make all the throws. That's been missing for the last 25 games. Opens up the deep threat, for one thing. Our receivers are gonna love it!

Assuming we raise our OL to at least average in run blocking and pass pro, that enhances our running game significantly.

Our play action will be a @#$%& to defend, helping both the running and passing games.

Cigs likely fields a more efficient and user friendly O this year. The players will need to think less and can play faster. Very helpful considering all the youngsters on our O.

I anticipate the synergy between Cigs and Weinke will vastly improve our QB play and rookie QB development.

Let me put it a different way. We may be pleasantly surprised at the "improvement" of our various receivers, including TE's, once we field a good starting QB and OL.

Hot damn!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The only thing that tapers my enthusiasm is the line. We're likely going to go into the season playing guys with little or even no pro experience at center and guard. Could work out good. Could be a disaster. I have no idea which it will be closer to, but I have a feeling there will be some growing pains. The skill positions are much better than we've had the past 8 or 9 years. I just hope the line doesn't counter any good those guys can do.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Assuming we raise our OL to at least average in run blocking and pass pro, that enhances our running game significantly.

Right now that is quite an assumption!:eek:

RAMBUSH

Starter
Woo hoo. Mee too baby. I'm thinkin we put up 27 a game on average . and with our defense loaded for griz , i say we show the NFC who the hell is the boss... In the year of the ram... Oh god is it opening day yet... Go RAMS...

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
A QB who playing behind the 2nd best OL put up worse numbers than a QB the Rams dropped whilst playing behind the league's 2nd worst OL.

Hope you're right about the better QB play.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
ill jump on the wagon when i see that line and qb actually play a few solid games

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A QB who playing behind the 2nd best OL put up worse numbers than a QB the Rams dropped whilst playing behind the league's 2nd worst OL.

??? Who? and Who? and what lines?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I want to see us start off 3-0 before I say super bowl bound but knowing me, if we win that first game by a good margin, that's all it'll take for this guy to say those words lol.

FRO

Legend
We improved at QB over what we had last year. I still don't like our depth behind our starter. Our line sucks. It was the main reason our offense sucked last year. If it doesn't get fixed our offense will suck this year too.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We still have too many question marks for anyone to make bold predictions.

1. We still have more than half our Offensive line listed as a mystery.
2. Cig will be the OC for the first time with this team and he still has a lot to prove before we came claim him as an upgrade even over Scotty.
3. Brian Quick was coming on strong but we don't know when he will be back from injury or how it will impact his return.
4. Are we going to see the Nick Foles that broke records or are we going to see the slumping Foles of last year? Will he adjust well to our style of offense after spending time in the Philly system? Who knows?
5. Can we stay healthy on offense? Can we protect Nick Foles? Can we keep an offensive line healthy that is going to be paper thin as far as depth?

Just so many questions here. If you want to get hyped about something, talk about our defense. With a young, deep defense that has proven itself, that is definitely going to be our strength.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Think about it...

For openers, a legitimate starting QB that can make all the throws. That's been missing for the last 25 games. Opens up the deep threat, for one thing. Our receivers are gonna love it!

Our play action will be a @#$%& to defend, helping both the running and passing games.

Cigs likely fields a more efficient and user friendly O this year. The players will need to think less and can play faster. Very helpful considering all the youngsters on our O.

I anticipate the synergy between Cigs and Weinke will vastly improve our QB play and rookie QB development.

Let me put it a different way. We may be pleasantly surprised at the "improvement" of our various receivers, including TE's, once we field a good starting QB and OL.

Hot damn!

I love your optimism, even if I see absolutely no evidence for it. ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with you 43, my expectations are high.

The OL is going to be younger and more talented, that is not a bad thing. And you don't have to have all pro bowlers to have a strong OL, you need players with talent that can stay on the field long enough to gel as a unit. Rams will have that this season, they cannot afford to not protect Foles. Coach Bou with some talent will do just fine.

I honestly think our hopes this season lie with Cigs and whether he's ready to do the job. If he is, this team will have a good offense which means playoffs and a great season ahead.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love your optimism, even if I see absolutely no evidence for it. ;)

Here's my bare bones thinking, Rambitious 1...

Foles is a clear upgrade over either Hill or Davis last year, don't you think? Hard to quantify how much a quality QB upgrades the effectiveness of the O and particularly the various receivers, but I think it will be huge.

I simply can't imagine that our new C and OG won't be significant upgrades to both Wells and Joseph. Both those vets were among the lowest rated at their respective positions by PFF in the entire NFL. That's gotta be significant, too.

I see no reason not to expect GW's aggressive D to hit the ground running for all 16 games this year. Yet another significant improvement over last year.

I'm pretty comfortable with the above predictions. Anything else is gravy.

I'm expecting playoffs, frankly.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Meh, can't get worked up for the O until I see what they plan, and even then, new OC, new QB, and mostly new line...:unsure:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Every year I am optimistic that this Offense will improve, whether it be talent wise or just staying healthy. Unfortunately, every fall Lucy pulls the ball away...... again.

peanuts-lucy-charlie-brown-football.jpg

Memphis Ram

Legend
The QB and the Offensive Coordinator are the key and I love the idea of simplifying things, getting the ball out quicker, and focusing more on the running game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Think about it...

Hot damn!
I think Weinke will get-it-done!!
keep-calm-and-love-tinky-winky-1.png

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Assuming we raise our OL to at least average

Love your optimism! This is really the key. It would be nice if that unit was not just average (though that would be an upgrade) but a feature. Based on the little action in FA, we had better have a lights out draft.

Memphis Ram

Legend

I have no idea who you are referring to, but I sorta get your point.

Case in point, the 2009-2010 Cleveland Browns OLine:

LT Joe Thomas
LG Eric Steinbach
C Alex Mack
RG Floyd "Porkchop" Womack
RT John St. Clair

4 Above Average to very good (perhaps even Great w/ Thomas) OLinemen.

The offenses of those teams didn't hover around the bottom of the league in scoring because of perhaps a solid at best John St. Clair was holding them back.

It was the QB/Offensive Coordinator combo that did them in more than ANYTHING ELSE. And the same thing has been happening with the Rams, IMO.

Last edited: