IF we succeed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
If we exceed expectations this year, winning the division on the back of another amazing season for Quinn, as well as Bradford showing why he was picked #1 now that we finally gave him a top receiver in Kenny Britt, what happens? If these three all show that they have elite game (Quinn has already proven this), how do we keep all three on Rams Payroll. If Britt has a good year he may cost a pretty penny, and even an average QB is rather expensive these days. Don't get me started on Quinn's upcoming contract.

What is the likely hood of us keeping these three if everything goes the way we want?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As for Britt..Just depends on how well Quick does this year. Quick seems to be following Britt like a puppy dog and trying to do, what britt does. If Kenny britt does that (making Quick into a clone), I say that we look for a draft replacement. We have to keep Bradford at a reduced cost and Quinn too

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Bradford is already consuming 17 mil per year. Quinn? got to pay the man. Britt? this will be the unknown.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Bradford is already consuming 17 mil per year. Quinn? got to pay the man. Britt? this will be the unknown.

$17M is his cap number for this year. His avg salary is a very reasonable $13M. And contrary to what many like to believe, is next contract won't be at a "reduced" rate. It will commensurate with what second contracts for starting QBs are. Everybody still wants to hold the rookie contract against him, like it somehow is HIS fault. That will have very little bearing on what his next contract will be.

Assuming Britt has the kind of year we hope he has, I'm guessing he will get a decent, incentive loaded 3-4 year deal. Given his desire to play for Fisher, if anyone is gonna be willing to take less to stay, it will be him.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
$17M is his cap number for this year. His avg salary is a very reasonable $13M. And contrary to what many like to believe, is next contract won't be at a "reduced" rate. It will commensurate with what second contracts for starting QBs are. Everybody still wants to hold the rookie contract against him, like it somehow is HIS fault. That will have very little bearing on what his next contract will be.

Assuming Britt has the kind of year we hope he has, I'm guessing he will get a decent, incentive loaded 3-4 year deal. Given his desire to play for Fisher, if anyone is gonna be willing to take less to stay, it will be him.

I'm thinking Bradford gets Tony Romo or Jay Cutler caliber money. Quinn has to get paid end of story, you don't let players like him leave your team. My main concern is letting Britt walk if he performs. It seems like the most practical thing to do given what top WRs are paid now days, but something within me would have a hard time letting him leave because of how long this team has been looking for a WR.

Of course, this is all hypothetical, which you all clearly understood. Britt hasn't proven anything yet, Bradford still has a little bit to prove, Quinn is the only lock to be extended at this point. Also, I'm sure Demoff is better at contracts then I am.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Correction...
IF When we succeed...

Hopefully, Sam will give the FO's a hometown discount, Quinn's wrapped up for a few years....Britt, hopefully he won't go diva on us..Good problems, but we need to all stay together to make this thing work....

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
If we exceed expectations this year, winning the division on the back of another amazing season for Quinn, as well as Bradford showing why he was picked #1 now that we finally gave him a top receiver in Kenny Britt, what happens? If these three all show that they have elite game (Quinn has already proven this), how do we keep all three on Rams Payroll. If Britt has a good year he may cost a pretty penny, and even an average QB is rather expensive these days. Don't get me started on Quinn's upcoming contract.

What is the likely hood of us keeping these three if everything goes the way we want?
they just talked about this exact topic on NFL Network with Faulk and Willie. After winning a SB or when players start having great individual success after a good season they either want to get paid so sometimes they get traded or leave or they're a team guy, one of the core who wants to keep that success alive and if there is repeated success its because of that core group. Those are the two types of players there are.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

His cap number isn't even high, it's average amongst starting QB's. I don't really get the delima. He earns his money when he plays.

And I don't think this team can "overachieve." We're good enough to win it all. It's just a matter of doing so.

GW screams because he smells championship lol.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
There aren't many players like William Hayes left in the league. Let's hope we have some more in this group of ours.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't understand why we didn't try to resign Quinn this year. He's under contract for two more years under the rookie contract situation (though his last years will be significantly higher than this year). If we sign him now we can probably get him cheaper overall because we will be able to pay him more right away than he'll make in the next two years

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't understand why we didn't try to resign Quinn this year. He's under contract for two more years under the rookie contract situation (though his last years will be significantly higher than this year). If we sign him now we can probably get him cheaper overall because we will be able to pay him more right away than he'll make in the next two years

There might be talks underway for all we know.

But I agree... Right now, it would seem win-win.

One could also argue he's only had one good season. What's the rush? Paying him now is clearly based on projection (which feels like a safe bet to me... But just making the counter argument)