If we draft a WR early, it should be...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have Cooper, Spruce, Tavon, Woods can play slot.... We need a true outside threat and that's not Kupp

Spruce was a UDFA. Woods is the X or Z WR. Cooper hasn't proven anything. Tavon isn't a slot WR.

Kupp is a true outside threat, a true inside threat, and a true TD threat.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just wait and see

I will. When Kupp is a perennial 1000 yard WR, I only hope that we aren't saying, "Why did we pick another Donnie Avery or Brian Quick?"

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love a trade down in the 2nd and target Kupp. Another 3rd or 4th would be gold along with nabbing Kupp IMO.

If the Rams are thinking WR in round 2 that is what I'd like to see. They could use another pick in this very deep draft, and moving down a little in round 2 will probably provide better value on wideout if they're preferring to go that way.

So yeah if they were to move down and get, say, a guy like Kupp or even another wideout like Godwin, I'd be a very happy fan. There would then be another opportunity to nab a good TE, CB, C etc prospect. Of course that's easier said than done, since a lot of teams are going to be thinking about moving down and accruing more picks in this particular draft.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your very funny 1000 yard receiver... Lmao never going to happen

When he does, I won't bring this post up. But if you remember, you can send me a PM.

lockdnram21

Legend
If the Rams are thinking WR in round 2 that is what I'd like to see. They could use another pick in this very deep draft, and moving down a little in round 2 will probably provide better value on wideout if they're preferring to go that way.

So yeah if they were to move down and get, say, a guy like Kupp or even another wideout like Godwin, I'd be a very happy fan. There would then be another opportunity to nab a good TE, CB, C etc prospect. Of course that's easier said than done, since a lot of teams are going to be thinking about moving down and accruing more picks in this particular draft.
Can't get cute if there's somebody they want

TexasRam

Legend
Guys that drop passes and have mental errors (penalties, running short of first down, wrong route, lining up wrong etc) drive me fricken bananas.

I'm all in Favor of Kupp for that reason. Pure athleticism is irrelevant at the NFL level. Ask Jared Cook or the slew of first round bust Wr's every year .You must master the technical aspects. Hand usage, leverage, and all the hard to explain things that get a receiver open.

Back to Jrrys original post. Kupp's production is ridiculous. Overall production and production vs future and current NFL CB's.

And most of all give Jared someone that will catch the Dam football. I love Tavon for his big play ability but give me a reliable go to 3rd down target that also knows how to get into the end zone.

The only question is where to draft Kupp. In the absence of a top interior lineman at pick 37, which now looks like the case, I am shifting my focus to WR. Either Juju, Godwin or Kupp are going to be available in round 3 most likely.

I am looking at how the board unfolds draft day, but as it stands I'm probably taking CB rd 2 and WR round 3. Or move back into the late 2nd round to get your WR.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/135058/cooper-kupp
CBS Sports' Rob Rang referred to Eastern Washington WR Cooper Kupp as "the most polished route-runner in this draft."
"Further, Kupp has what I call Hoover hands; the ball just seems to get sucked into his big mitts like they are attached to vacuum cleaners," Rang wrote of the 6-foot-2, 204-pounder. The Eastern Washington standout's work at the NFL Scouting Combine was largely pedestrian (4.62s 40-yard dash, 31-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-8 broad jump), though Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reported at the time that a fair number of teams were not truly docking Kupp for his lack of athletic measurables. Speed is just not a huge part of his game. Pauline views him as a potential third-round target come the draft later this month.

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that "a lot of teams are not downgrading" Eastern Washington WR Cooper Kupp despite his poor showing in the 40-yard dash.
Kupp ran a 4.62 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine on Saturday. Measuring in at 6-foot-2, 204 pounds, Kupp also posted a mediocre 31-inch vertical and a 9-foot-8 broad jump. "Never known as a deep threat with vertical speed, one scouting consultant told me he’s still a terrific pass catcher who can create after the reception," Pauline wrote.

TexasRam

Legend
We are going to hold you 100% accountable if this Kupp pick don't work out Jrry. You know that right

It will be Jrry's kids. Tavon and Kupp.

Because we know Snead is clueless and secretly follows your advise on this board.

But hey, at least you were right about Donald. So we will forgive you a little.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are going to hold you 100% accountable if this Kupp pick don't work out Jrry. You know that right

It will be Jrry's kids. Tavon and Kupp.

Because we know Snead is clueless and secretly follows your advise on this board.

But hey, at least you were right about Donald. So we will forgive you a little.

Hopefully, I'll be as right about Goff (and Kupp if he's a Ram) as I was about Donald. That would certainly make life easier for us. :) (y)

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Quite simply, Can Kupp take the top off of an NFL D??????:bueller:

The Patriots have done fine without a receiver to take the top off the past 16 years outside of a Moss for a couple of years. Its nice to have a guy like that but not essential.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The Patriots have done fine without a receiver to take the top off the past 16 years outside of a Moss for a couple of years. Its nice to have a guy like that but not essential.
I don't know. We aren't the Patriots. It might be more of a need for us.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
082316-cfb-cooper-kupp-tumbles.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Meet Cooper Kupp: The best college football player you’ve never heard of
Aug 23, 2016 at 9:00a ET

A very long article and good read about Kupp

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...-watch-in-college-football-this-season-082316

TexasRam

Legend

Yea and what happens when you can consistently work the middle of the field.

The deep opens up.

Ram65

Legend
082316-cfb-cooper-kupp-tumbles.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Meet Cooper Kupp: The best college football player you’ve never heard of
Aug 23, 2016 at 9:00a ET

A very long article and good read about Kupp

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...-watch-in-college-football-this-season-082316

That was was a fun read. Kupp is the hard worker all in football player you want to root for. Wanting to know what every player does on every play is one example the article gave. He seems made for the Rams and Goff going forward in the we not me team mentality. McVay's offense ran through Reed reading and reacting to the defense while choosing where to run his route. I think Kupp could do that with his short area quickness and football IQ. He could be moved around to the outside. I wouldn't root against him making an impact in the NFL.