If they release Peterson.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the Rams pick up Peterson if he is released?

• Yes

Votes: 45 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 62.2%

• Total voters

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think if he is released, and he is no longer making money, there is going to be a huge legal battle for wrongful termination.

I wouldn't bet on Peterson prevailing if he tries. There is no inherent right to play for an NFL team. And the Vikings and other NFL teams wouldn't be stopping him from making a living in other ways.

Debacled

Starter
How much anyone want to bet that this is how Peterson was disciplined as a kid?

Definitely appears he completely believes what he did was just.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't bet on Peterson prevailing if he tries. There is no inherent right to play for an NFL team. And the Vikings and other NFL teams wouldn't be stopping him from making a living in other ways.

Yeah, I'm not a lawyer. Just a guess.

iced

How much anyone want to bet that this is how Peterson was disciplined as a kid?

Definitely appears he completely believes what he did was just.
he has said as much

it was similar to how i was raised

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wow...I didn't know it was that bad. I was raised the old school way with the belt, but that is abuse from the pictures. There's a thin line between discipline and abuse. A lot of the younger generation though have no respect for their elders, and it's sad to see.

Those pics were taken a few days later, it would have looked way worse when it happened.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
absofuckinlutely, kids today grow up without didipline of any kind. It's a very unfortunate situation
train

But... look at those pictures of his 4...4 year old son.

That wasn't discipline.

That was abuse. And not even a borderline case. If he's not an NFL star, he's in JAIL or fighting to stay out of jail.

bskrilla

Starter
This isn't addressed at anyone in specific just at some general ideas I've seen floating around in light of the AP events.

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

That quote is often attributed to Socrates though the actual source isn't certain. Every generation since the beginning of time has thought the next generation is a bunch of spoiled brats that could have used a good beating when they were younger. When you look at the youth of today and get all angry about how unruly they are just remember that your parents and grandparents thought the same thing about you, and there's before them.

Also rationalizing hitting children because it used to happen back in the good ole' days is ridiculous. You know what else happened back in the good ole days? Slavery, segregation, and lots of other shitty stuff we don't do anymore. Are our parents bad people for whipping their children? No. It was the way of the world at the time, and they were doing their best. But times change and we learn better ways to do things.

Lastly, despite my previous comments I'm not even for making spanking children illegal. I would never do it because I don't think it's effective, but I also don't think a reasonable spanking that leaves no lasting physical harm should be illegal. That being said there is a world of difference between swatting someone on the butt a couple times and beating them with a switch or the like. What AP did was clearly child abuse.

Just my 2 cents on the whole thing.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I disagree - i think he's overrated and he was never even good when he was here. Maddeningly inconsistent;he'd have 1 good run block one play then look awful the next 2 or 3. Reminded a lot of like Devin Joseph right now.

I remember Incognitos time in St. Louis much differently. I hated his dumb penalties but even more, I hated that the Rams never had a decent Lineman on either side of him. He not only was taking care of his assignments he often was trying to take out Adam Goldbergs guy as well. Sometimes he was very successful at it, but it is tough to be consistent when you are playing your position and covering for the one next to you. When he shined was when he only had his own guy one on one, then he destroyed him.

iced

I remember Incognitos time in St. Louis much differently. I hated his dumb penalties but even more, I hated that the Rams never had a decent Lineman on either side of him. He not only was taking care of his assignments he often was trying to take out Adam Goldbergs guy as well. Sometimes he was very successful at it, but it is tough to be consistent when you are playing your position and covering for the one next to you. When he shined was when he only had his own guy one on one, then he destroyed him.

I disagree - I've seen some horrible games from him - most notably the Giants in '08. For a quarterback that had to feel like you were in The Mist or somethin' - monsters flyin' at you from everywhere

He was a part of the reason why we couldn't keep QBs healthy, imo.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I wonder how many of the yes voters would change their minds if they had left there own child with AP and this is how the child was punished?

Those leg wounds are only on the surface. You don't see what it's doing to the inside of the childs heart and mind. He is only 4 years old for crying out loud. What did he do spill his milk? Seriously I can't imagine any crime a 4 year old is capable of that justifies being whipped like that.

No way I want AP on the Rams and to tell you the truth I don't want to see him playing for anyone.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder how many of the yes voters would change their minds if they had left there own child with AP and this is how the child was punished?

Those leg wounds are only on the surface. You don't see what it's doing to the inside of the childs heart and mind. He is only 4 years old for crying out loud. What did he do spill his milk? Seriously I can't imagine any crime a 4 year old is capable of that justifies being whipped like that.

No way I want AP on the Rams and to tell you the truth I don't want to see him playing for anyone.
Just making an assumption here, but I'm guessing that many of the folks who said theyd sign Peterson dont have kids of their own. Doesnt make it right or wrong just gives a different perspective

iced

I'd have to hear his version of the events before I'd sign

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
USS Olympia SSN 717, STS1/SS, Plankowner, 1982-1988 ;)

I was going for RO on an SSBN (married before I joined, on verge to grad from Nuke field ET "A" school with honors), but a Navy Doc got me before I got get to my boat.

It may seem silly, but I was looking forward to eating that clear lettuce...

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I have not read all of the comments yet but are there any people here that don't want Peterson on the team but at one point wanted Vick? Just curious.