If they release Peterson.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the Rams pick up Peterson if he is released?

• Yes

Votes: 45 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 62.2%

• Total voters

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
No thanks. Aside from the social backlash, Peterson is going to start fading in the next few years and I don't think that type of financial investment is necessary at the RB position.

Ramatik

Starter
The tree branch references are laughable, a switch is not a branch. That said the pictures look terrible. The idea that discipline needs to be nothing more than a time out or a swat on the butt just don't hold water, does it need to be lashing or a beating with a belt (the form I was subjected to because I was too stupid to figure things out) probably not. However I do feel there is an over all lack of discipline in our society which has lead to a decay in our standards in this nation and there should be more spankings handed out and a lot less judgement from people who have their own problems they should be focusing on.

If Peterson is cleared to play in the league I don't believe this incident should keep him from earning a living for God's sake look at the dregs of our society who have done much worse and get a pass without question. I would take him on my team, I don't believe it would happen with the Rams I just don't see that much upside over the players we currently have at this point in his career.

Not badly stated at all.

There are many worse people out there.

And a switching, that used to be "normal". I'm sorry, go down to the mall or Walmart, I can pick out quite a few kids that need a good whippin'.

I need to see all the evidence. If he did the leaves in the mouth stuff... what the hell is that?

See, I have no tolerance for child abuse or actually hurting a kid. You should not be leaving a mark. IF there is a mark, like those welts, that is usually an indication that there is worse going on.

My vote is no at this point.

I'll let the justice system do it's job. But if he's guilty, he should never be back.

I agree that the guy ought to be able to make a living.

Have him pick up garbage.
a0634ac2d3e82a2e9501e2a0441ff789.jpg

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Discipline!? There's a huge difference between giving your child a small slap on the arm and making him put leaves in his mouth whilst whipping him several times with a tree branch making him bleed.

I'd want him no where near this team. I don't need to win that badly
Wasn't a tree branch but yea that was terrible

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
No.

If what he did is NOT child abuse then where is the line? Broken bones? Puncture marks? Burns?

Many people believe this is what society needs...that this sort of "discipline" will make the child a better man or society will benefit because a child was whipped although I have yet to see statistics that support that idea.

I don't buy it. It may teach him to whip his son but not much else.

I have no problem with discipline. But if it takes bloody lashes to discipline a child you've already failed.

I want no part of AP.

Isn't it odd how much everyone worried about the "distraction" Michael Sam would bring?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I believe a large number of female members of the world's police force may have a different take.
They are entitled to their opinion but the proof is in there whether they want to believe it or not.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
They are entitled to their opinion but the proof is in there whether they want to believe it or not.

Ah... having been in the military, I disagree. But you were right before. This is off topic.

fearsomefour

Legend
Dont need him.
Dont want him.
The Rams dont have a back of Petersons' caliber, but, they dont need him and his salary demands.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Of course, he's the best or second best RB in the game.

Peterson disciplined his son incorrectly, but that's still what it was. A misguided form of discipline. Not child abuse.
There's no actual difference between what you call discipline and what is actually child abuse. Children are so little that to hit them is to abuse them. Stop making this justification over and over again. Men who hit their wives also claimed they were disciplining them. It's just using words to justify actions which are wring.

So, no.. I don't think the Rams should not sign Peterson should he be available. He abuses children. He does not discipline them, he abuses them.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Anatomy of a welt....Raised & swollen with a reddish tinge on the first day. May look worse after several days due to irritation & scratching & possibly exposure to the sun...So it probably looks worse on day 4 or 5 than day 1. JMO I still don't understand the whipping of a 4 year old...But I don't know what he did....

Personally we don't need a 30 year old AP at $13 million a season....Now Todd Gurley.........

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Of course, he's the best or second best RB in the game.

Peterson disciplined his son incorrectly, but that's still what it was. A misguided form of discipline. Not child abuse.

This sentiment is disturbing.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ah... having been in the military, I disagree. But you were right before. This is off topic.
I was in the military too, submarine service. Thanks for your service.

Better topic

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think if he is released, and he is no longer making money, there is going to be a huge legal battle for wrongful termination.

Athos

Legend
No. Hell no.

Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. I don't want all that negative PR. And who's to say the Rams wouldn't be dropped by a sponsor like the Vikings were?

We have enough issues. Don't need the headache.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken

Wow...I didn't know it was that bad. I was raised the old school way with the belt, but that is abuse from the pictures. There's a thin line between discipline and abuse. A lot of the younger generation though have no respect for their elders, and it's sad to see.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think if he is released, and he is no longer making money, there is going to be a huge legal battle for wrongful termination.

Doubtful, unless the Vikings refuse to pay him guaranteed money. But I'm guessing by now all he has is unguaranteed money remaining. And as an entertainer, if he brings bad publicity to the team he is not going to be wanted. And we've already seen that he is bringing bad publicity. If he weren't a great running back, he would be long gone already.