If they release Peterson.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the Rams pick up Peterson if he is released?

• Yes

Votes: 45 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 62.2%

• Total voters

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Would you want the Rams to pick him up? Heard a report that the Vikings have 'all' options on the table. Vote and give your reason.

Personally I don't see what's wrong with disciplining your child but whatever so my vote is yes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. Absolutely yes. Leonard Little killed a person. I'd take Peterson on my team in a millisecond.

Fisher can do whatever he wants, it's his team, I know I'd stop watching, I can't support that shit, but whatever.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Would you want the Rams to pick him up? Heard a report that the Vikings have 'all' options on the table. Vote and give your reason.

Personally I don't see what's wrong with disciplining your child but whatever so my vote is yes.

Discipline!? There's a huge difference between giving your child a small slap on the arm and making him put leaves in his mouth whilst whipping him several times with a tree branch making him bleed.

I'd want him no where near this team. I don't need to win that badly

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I'm pretty damn happy with what Stacy, Cunningham and (eventually) Mason bring. Patience ROD Bros. AP was an epic rb, this situation has derailed his career and personal life. JMO in short.

jjab360

Legend
Of course, he's the best or second best RB in the game.

Peterson disciplined his son incorrectly, but that's still what it was. A misguided form of discipline. Not child abuse.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
No. He went way past discipline. And the problem with our run game isn't the RBs fault. So why bring the drama and the cap hit for a guy who's best years are behind him.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn I hadn't read the reports on what actually happened, thought only he spanked him with a twig was the known facts. Very sad if it got past that point.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
adrian-peterson-indicted-child-abuse-the-jasmine-brand.jpg

This is "discipline"?

Give me a break...fuck Adrian Peterson.

There are simply some things in life that far outweigh Rams football.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nobody picked up Incognito for picking on a grown man. People really think some team is gonna sign Peterson if he is released?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Nobody picked up Incognito for picking on a grown man. People really think some team is gonna sign Peterson if he is released?
Yes, sadly I could see a few teams doing it. The Patriots are top of the list

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Incognito had more history of poor decision making and AP is the best in the business.
But your response is a Very good assessment, straight to the point and simplified.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What ?so we'd have to deal with the same shit storm ?
Peterson is KRYTONITE, regardless your personal opinion about the right or wrong of it, the league office won't allow the competitive balance of itself to be effected by it,if the Vikes drop him the league will too,they put him on the" Exempt Commisioners Permission List" somewhere around 2 this AM.
No, self evidently ,NO

iced

One of the worst/overrated players at his position compared to a guy that's arguably HOF worthy at his?

yea, not even close. Time and time again the NFL has proven Talent wins in the end.

Personally, just going off of what I know about AP and the type of character people believed he was prior to this incident, I think there's some stuff that's probably important that's going unreported.

There's a gigantic difference between his version and his wife's version - as someone who: 1) grew up in a southern culture (parents born in the 40's in mississippi, and yea, my mom used the switch) , 2)parents were separated , 3)had my own degrees on physical abuse; there's going to be a lt of mud that'll be slung, the problem is finding out what's true and what's bs.... Just to give you an example, I knew of a father that was able to convince a courtroom, doctor, therapist, and several other people that the boyfriend of the cheating wife was a "satanic devil worshiper", had "suicidal tendencies" , and all sorts of other crazy bs.. Even had some "witnesses" - the father was successful and won custody... But were any of those allegations true?

Nope.

For me - this whole thing is too early

Last edited:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
adrian-peterson-indicted-child-abuse-the-jasmine-brand.jpg

This is "discipline"?

Give me a break...freak Adrian Peterson.

There are simply some things in life that far outweigh Rams football.
No, IMO these photos put the whole "discipline" argument to rest. Also, weren't these photos taken several days after the incident after the child had been returned to his Mother? If so, they were likely worse than the photos show.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
No. No, no, no, no, no. Guy's going to be a PR nightmare, and frankly, he's a 29-year-old running back who lives off speed. Not nearly the upside it would take to make me even consider dealing with him. Hell, I'm not sold that I'd pick up a 24-year-old Peterson given the scenario, but certainly not an end-of-the-career one.