If I Could Bottle That Feeling

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Snuggling my 3 year old daughter in bed as she wakes up each day.

Hugging my 7 year old boy and hearing him say how much he loves me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I remember when my son was 10, and he had to do a report for school entitled, "Who is your hero?" I was going over it with him (like I did with all his homework) and I was tossing around ideas for him to use, but he interrupted me and said, "I wanna do it about you." I have that report framed in my office and will cherish it forever. That really was the best feeling ever for me. But I don't know if I'd want to walk around drinking a bottle of 'about to cry' soda.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Raising kids is hard. Gets tough when they go through those teen years. I've got 4, ages 22-14.

So, the feeling... well, you try and try and try and TRY to impress upon the thick-headed, brain damaged (think Bill Cosby here) children some important concept and for YEARS it seems like you've been just shouting into the void. Worse, it seems like the children and the void have been mocking you the entire time when...

In one glorious moment, one kid will totally get everything you've been saying as you're trying to educate one of your other kids and that first kid will just chime in and just... put it all out there just as you've been saying all along.

Now... THAT moment... of validation... of vindication... of feeling like it's not all in vain and I'm not crazy... well, THAT, my friends, should be bottled.

I know if bottles of that were on sale at Sam's Club or Costco, I'd be waiting for them to open to pick up a CASE...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Raising kids is hard. Gets tough when they go through those teen years. I've got 4, ages 22-14.

So, the feeling... well, you try and try and try and TRY to impress upon the thick-headed, brain damaged (think Bill Cosby here) children some important concept and for YEARS it seems like you've been just shouting into the void. Worse, it seems like the children and the void have been mocking you the entire time when...

In one glorious moment, one kid will totally get everything you've been saying as you're trying to educate one of your other kids and that first kid will just chime in and just... put it all out there just as you've been saying all along.

Now... THAT moment... of validation... of vindication... of feeling like it's not all in vain and I'm not crazy... well, THAT, my friends, should be bottled.

I know if bottles of that were on sale at Sam's Club or Costco, I'd be waiting for them to open to pick up a CASE...

Yeah I've had that moment ,in fact I told my daughter when she was 16 .look if you still think I'm a prick when your 25 ,then your probably right ,but I think you won't, she didn't.
I still have a 19 year old at home and he's a late bloomer, still in puberty and man can he be a handful, the day he realizes what your talking about will be a glory.
For now I'm just trying to let it run and trying to understand he wants validation for what he is,which aint really bad just a pain.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How about that moment after a long shitty day is coming to a close and you just climb in your bed and finally can fully relax. That's a moment that would sell

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't have a recliner and never have so here goes. Great thread BTW.

That feeling when I walk out of the airport and feel the first tropical breeze of my vacation. That feeling I get when someone brings be an ice cold adult beverage while I have my feet in the hot sand. The first couple breaths through my regulator as I slowly sink into the blue water. Hugging my mom when I see her at Christmas time.

Your just a couple of weeks away from the first two.

I'll have the beach chairs, beach matt, cooler and all the rest ready for you guys.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Your just a couple of weeks away from the first two.

I'll have the beach chairs, beach matt, cooler and all the rest ready for you guys.
You bringing me the ice cold adult beverage too? :cool:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sleeping in on a snowy Saturday morning (extra awesome if I haven't shaved), under 2 heavy blankets.

Watching Sunday and Monday Night Football after a Rams win.

Gorging on dinner after a long summer swim.

Driving home on a Friday afternoon.

The moment right before the lights go off for a movie you couldn't wait for.

Making fun of a Bernie article.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Hot shower after a weeks without in the winter.

Seriously, if someone offered me that feeling again vs sex with anyone of my choice, I'd take the shower. It was that good. Weeks of dirt and being half frozen in the snow, I never wanted to leave.

Also the feeling of seeing LA win their first cup. I moved to the states after 99, so I became a football fan (thus a Rams fan) after they had won. I had never seen a favorite team of mine win a championship, let alone their first ever, it was so much fun. Everyone was crying, jumping, very cool. Now the Rams need to get with it already.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I remember when my son was 10, and he had to do a report for school entitled, "Who is your hero?" I was going over it with him (like I did with all his homework) and I was tossing around ideas for him to use, but he interrupted me and said, "I wanna do it about you." I have that report framed in my office and will cherish it forever. That really was the best feeling ever for me. But I don't know if I'd want to walk around drinking a bottle of 'about to cry' soda.

Did you tear up a little while you typed out that post?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Did you tear up a little while you typed out that post?
No!

cr.gif