If he's there Rams should take him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ah, no. Too much talent in this draft to throw a pick away in the first 3 rounds much less at the 13th pick overall.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Carr but there is no way in hell I want to see us take him with the 13th pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the top three slip past 13 honestly. Carr will probably go somewhere in the 2nd (Houston?) and I'm not too sure I don't like a couple other "2nd tier" QBs better anyway. Carr may end up being one of the better QBs in this draft. Personally - I don't think that's really saying much. I am not expecting much out of Teddy (sorry Jrry) and I think Manziel is very much a boom or bust type prospect. I think I'd rather have Savage at our 2nd if he's still there.

I think Houston might still be a little shell shocked from the last Carr they selected. Would be funny to see history repeat itself though

A55VA6

Legend
Only QB 1st round I would even consider drafting is Manziel... but that's only because I feel like he's going to be a special football player.

But really, we're not going to draft a QB in the 1st round and probably not the 2nd round. I don't think Carr is better than Bradford so we'd basically be spending a 1st rounder on a 3rd string QB that might play in a couple years if Bradford fails.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't think anyone is going to go along with Carr at 13.

Too much talent available there.

SierraRam

Recreational User
If Derrick Carr is available at the 13, I feel the Rams would be making a wise pick in attaining him. Carr basically led the nation is passing at Fresno State, and looks to be more of a N.F.L. certainty than his brother. Carr has a excellent arm, good size and fits everything that the Rams need in a young QB. I'm hopin the kid is still on the board at 13. Who likes this kid?

Carr had a great QB Pro Day, making all the throws and showing surprising agility. (and he was sick!) But first round? No way for us. We'll look at Savage (maybe) in the third if he's there, but more likely we'll go with Murray, McCarron or Bales in the 4th or 5th.

Were getting a starting DT (Donald), CB (Dennard/Gilbert) or S (Pryor) at #13.

RamsFan14

Starter
That is pretty much the worst insult to a qb possible

To be fair, it's not like Jacksonville helped him out a lot. I'm very curious to see how he responds with good coaching in San Fran (sucks saying that). If Jim Harbough likes him, that's gotta mean something considering his credibility with QBs so far. Some people would argue "why would anyone trade for Gabbert?" Well look, there's a team that did that so he must have something to work with! My point is he wasn't put in the best position to succeed, should be very interesting to see how he responds.

Derrek Carr can make some great throws, but honestly I would only take him in the 3rd round. IMO we need to use our first 3 draft picks on some great talent at other positions to shore up our team, because I feel like it's very possible to develop QBs with 3rd and 4th round picks when they are riding the bench. That's the approach I'd go, McCarron, Murray, Savage, and Mettenberger all seem like good prospects that can sit on the bench and learn the game rather then feeling the pressure to play (cause of using a high draft pick on a player)