If he's there Rams should take him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
If Derrick Carr is available at the 13, I feel the Rams would be making a wise pick in attaining him. Carr basically led the nation is passing at Fresno State, and looks to be more of a N.F.L. certainty than his brother. Carr has a excellent arm, good size and fits everything that the Rams need in a young QB. I'm hopin the kid is still on the board at 13. Who likes this kid?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are very few picks I would hate more than Derrick Carr at 13th overall.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
13 is too high for the Rams to take a developmental QB/clipboard holder that they hope will not see the field for 5+ years

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Carr folds under pressure. He's unable to put the game on his shoulders and win it for the team. I'm not taking him with a first round pick.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
If Derrick Carr is available at the 13, I feel the Rams would be making a wise pick in attaining him. Carr basically led the nation is passing at Fresno State, and looks to be more of a N.F.L. certainty than his brother. Carr has a excellent arm, good size and fits everything that the Rams need in a young QB. I'm hopin the kid is still on the board at 13. Who likes this kid?

I like him too. Just not at 13.

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Carr folds under pressure. He's unable to put the game on his shoulders and win it for the team. I'm not taking him with a first round pick.

13 is too high for the Rams to take a developmental QB/clipboard holder that they hope will not see the field for 5+ years

Tell us how you guys really feel, and don't sugar coat it anymore. lol's

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
I like him too. Just not at 13.
I feel that he will be gobbled up in the first round no doubt. I can see Billicheck nabbing him as he would fit the Patriots very well. Anyteam that has a good O-line already in place wouldn't skip a beat with this kid.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I just started to do a posting on the success ratio of first round QBs (I decided it was too boring....). Roughly 1 in 3 actually gets to a point they are considered "good". So wouldn't you say we should use our high picks on guys who will be on the field this year on a regular basis. Derek Carr won't help us win this year....Some of the other guys mentioned probably will (Evans, Gilbert, Dennard, Ha Ha-Dix, Pryor, Lewan, Martin have all been tied to our 13th pick in one form or another....).

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
I just started to do a posting on the success ratio of first round QBs (I decided it was too boring....). Roughly 1 in 3 actually gets to a point they are considered "good". So wouldn't you say we should use our high picks on guys who will be on the field this year on a regular basis. Derek Carr won't help us win this year....Some of the other guys mentioned probably will (Evans, Gilbert, Dennard, Ha Ha-Dix, Pryor, Lewan, Martin have all been tied to our 13th pick in one form or another....).
Good points, although I feel that having a young strong armed, accurate QB to back up Bradford wouldn't be a bad 1st round pick. What I'd truely like to see is the Rams somehow getting Hundley from U.C.L.A. in next years draft, but that kis will be swallowed up possibly #1 overall. I feel that when and if we do need a QB in the future, then the future is now, and Carr has accuracy like Kurt Warner.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
But we've got a franchise QB already under contract. Big fat no to any QB in rounds 1 - 3.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

Can he put da team on his back doe?? Sorry, I just think of that video of that guy playing madden with that....

Yeah I don't want a QB before the 5th really. That said Carr should have a decent career as a pro.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
polite.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I like Carr but there is no way in hell I want to see us take him with the 13th pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the top three slip past 13 honestly. Carr will probably go somewhere in the 2nd (Houston?) and I'm not too sure I don't like a couple other "2nd tier" QBs better anyway. Carr may end up being one of the better QBs in this draft. Personally - I don't think that's really saying much. I am not expecting much out of Teddy (sorry Jrry) and I think Manziel is very much a boom or bust type prospect. I think I'd rather have Savage at our 2nd if he's still there.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Can he put da team on his back doe?? Sorry, I just think of that video of that guy playing madden with that....

Yeah I don't want a QB before the 5th really. That said Carr should have a decent career as a pro.

Awwww shit....DARREN SHARPER.