I will see the new Mission Impossible because

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
of this:

I'm not especially a Tom Cruise fan, although I like some of his movies. But it takes absolute balls to strap yourself to an aircraft taking off like that. I am the same age as he is and yes--look 20 years older, but I gotta say---I'm impressed.

Athos

Legend
Tom Cruise is BAT SHIT crazy.

That said, he makes hella entertaining movies. And he's top notch in the Mission Impossible movies, even the weak #2.

Risky Business
Top Gun
Rain Man
A Few Good Men
The Firm
MI1, MI3, MI4, MI5
Jerry Maguire
Minority Report
The Last Samurai (yea, I liked the hell outta that movie, even if the premise was kinda BS)
Collateral
Tropic Thunder (his pinpoint cameo was the funniest shit ever)
Edge of Tomorrow

But yea. Saw that that airplane stunt was done with him. Pretty sick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tom Cruise is BAT crap crazy.

That said, he makes hella entertaining movies. And he's top notch in the Mission Impossible movies, even the weak #2.

Risky Business
Top Gun
Rain Man
A Few Good Men
The Firm
MI1, MI3, MI4, MI5
Jerry Maguire
Minority Report
The Last Samurai (yea, I liked the hell outta that movie, even if the premise was kinda BS)
Collateral
Tropic Thunder (his pinpoint cameo was the funniest crap ever)
Edge of Tomorrow

He was great in TAPS, All the Right Moves, the Firm and the Color of Money.
And heck, who didnt want to bartend after Cocktail

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Tom Cruise is BAT crap crazy.

Risky Business
Top Gun
Rain Man
A Few Good Men
The Firm
MI1, MI3, MI4, MI5
Jerry Maguire
Minority Report
Collateral
Tropic Thunder (his pinpoint cameo was the funniest crap ever)
Edge of Tomorrow

Was just saying the same thing to the wife the other day. NO ONE puts more of themselves into a movie than Tom Cruise. That guy puts it all on the line and even though from an acting standpoint, I don't think he possess much range, he more than makes up for it by being truly extreme.

Anyone remember the shot where the helicopter blows up and the blade is super close to his eyeball? Yeah, the measured that down to the millimeter and filmed it before underwriting could say no. But he really was strapped in and that was really a super sharp blade that close to his eye. A hiccup and Tom Cruise would be marketing designer eyepatches.

He's insane...and, yet, I appreciate how he seems to really give a crap about MY $10 bucks when I pay for a movie ticket. I know MMA fighters who don't train as hard or put themselves to the hazard like TC does for every movie.

Which is why he can jump on all the couches he wants. The guy is a flat out baller when it comes to making action movies.

Athos

Legend
Yep. And yea, his range isn't great, but he's actually been very good in a couple movies from an acting standpoint too.

Easy target to hate personally, but yea, his movies are so much fun and he does all his own stunts.

I remember in MI2 opening scene that he really did free hang during that rock climbing scene. If he falls.... He's dead and they gotta scrape him off the rocks.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Operation Valkyrie was also an amazing movie that Cruise starred in. You know, Germany (because the film is based on the main plot to kill Hitler) almost didn't let Cruise into the country because of Scientology. They did, though, and the movie was amazing.

fearsomefour

Legend
Operation Valkyrie was also an amazing movie that Cruise starred in. You know, Germany (because the film is based on the main plot to kill Hitler) almost didn't let Cruise into the country because of Scientology. They did, though, and the movie was amazing.
Maybe my favorite movie he has made.
Some nice little details that make a movie based on real events authentic....Hitler going to the front and there being no meat in the meal, as he was a vegetarian. Some of the details on the plane Cruise traveled back and forth from the Wolfs Lair on....I don't know if that was an WW2 plane, if not the recreation was perfect.
Great movie.

fearsomefour

Legend
Ok, F it....reading through this thread....I can come out as a Tom Cruise fan....he is a loon but he kicks ass.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I read Jack Reacher novels (by Lee Childs), and the character is 6'-6" - 250 lbs.
As much as he didn't look the part, Cruise nailed the character.
Not a huge action movie fan, but have really liked all the MI movies.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
His movies, lately, have really taken it to another level.

I don't think it's just me.

Ever since Minority Report...

I mean

Minority Report (2002) Loved it.
Last Samurai (2003) Excellent.
Collateral (2004) Great. Michael Mann directed. Same Dir as Heat.
War of the Worlds (2005) meh
Mission: Impossible III (2006) Wow.
Lions for Lambs (2007) Honestly never heard of it.
Tropic Thunder (2008) Nails his role.
Valkyrie (2008) On an acting tear. Maybe the best acting of his career.
Knight and Day (2010) Way better than I thought it'd be for an action/rom/com hybrid.
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011) Double Wow
Rock of Ages (2012) I give him credit for doing the part, but "hey man"
Jack Reacher (2012) Yet another movie that is fun to rewatch. Damn good fun.
Oblivion (2013) Popcorn is a high glycemic food and this MFer is going to make me diabetic if he keeps making movies like this!!! Sci-fi with decent plot twists? Yeah, I'll take it!
Edge of Tomorrow (2014) That did it. Had to give up popcorn cuz, it's official. Tom Cruise is trying to kill me with salty, buttery, crunchy perfection. I think I finished the entire bucket in the first 15 minutes...
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) Haven't seen it, yet, but I just saw the sneak peak. This crazy MFer ACTUALLY WAS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE PLANE WHEN IT TOOK OFF. Yeah, that was not CGI or a stunt double. And he did it 8 different times. Not kidding. He's strapped in, but no parachute. So if his harness breaks...he's dead. Yeah, they day he stops making action movies, he'll need to have testicle reduction just to walk through regular doorways...
Top Gun 2 (announced) Really??? Maverick's back? How's Cruise going to fit into the cockpit? Aw, who's kidding who, he's probably going to ride the plane like a bucking bronco....
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (announced) And another Jack Reacher movie? This is an embarrassment of riches. I dunno why this guy wants my money so damned bad, but he's apparently entitled to it making these movies...

Throw in Taps (try checking out the cast of that movie sometime...), The Outsiders, Risky Business, All the Right Moves, Top Gun, The Color of Money, Cocktail, Rain Man, Born on the Fourth of July and A Few Good Men and this guy has had one helluva career.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Anyone who is into scientology I just can't take seriously. I don't think I've watched a movie of his in over 5 years now.

(Except Tropic Thunder)

Athos

Legend
Do yourself a favor dude... Don't pay attention to the real lives of movie stars. Most of them are messed up.

Just enjoy the movies. I mean, Eastwoods politics are messed up imo, but I still watch his shit.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Do yourself a favor dude... Don't pay attention to the real lives of movie stars. Most of them are messed up.

Just enjoy the movies. I mean, Eastwoods politics are messed up imo, but I still watch his crap.

Now you've gone too far. :stop:

fearsomefour

Legend
Anyone who is into scientology I just can't take seriously. I don't think I've watched a movie of his in over 5 years now.

(Except Tropic Thunder)
Thats like finding a great little restaurant that not too many people know about....prices are reasonable and food is made from scratch and amazing....then finding out the cook smokes, so, not going there any more.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thats like finding a great little restaurant that not too many people know about....prices are reasonable and food is made from scratch and amazing....then finding out the cook smokes, so, not going there any more.
I'd argue it's more like finding out the food is solyent green.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
....well, I am in favor of recycling....
too_much_information_gifts_button-p145011891018457717en8go_4001.jpg