I will be your son, Tom

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Tom Benson: My family never rose to the task of succeeding me as Saints owner
Posted by Josh Alper on January 27, 2015, 5:34 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptrjndaxnzvhyzyxymnmnzq1yjuxyze4zjk3yzy3mjzj.jpeg
AP
The daughter and grandchildren of Saints owner Tom Benson recently filed a lawsuit in an attempt to get Benson declared incompetent of making decisions regarding the future of the Saints and his other business holdings after Benson changed his succession plans to put his wife Gayle in position to succeed him rather than his other family members.

The lawsuit alleges that Benson doesn’t know the current president of the United Stats and that Gayle Benson is manipulating her husband into handing over his holdings while feeding him a diet consisting of mainly candy, ice cream, soda and red wine. Benson responded to that lawsuit last week by calling the claims meritless and has now filed a formal response explaining why he decided to make the change.

“For years, Mr Benson attempted to involve each of the Petitioners in various aspects of his business interests and to groom them into the type of business persons that he could have confidence in to own and/or run those business interests when he died,” Benson’s lawyers wrote, via the New Orleans Times-Picayune. “Unfortunately, the Petitioners never rose to the task. After years of concern and misgivings about Petitioners’ abilities … Mr. Benson made the deliberate, reasoned, and difficult decision to change course and name as his successor his loving wife, Gayle Benson.”

The lawsuit by Benson’s daughter and her children alleges that Benson attempted to transfer hundreds of millions of dollars out of trusts that held them as beneficiaries, a move that was blocked by a trustee but one that certainly won’t be the last bit of maneuvering in what’s shaping up to be an ugly public airing of family grievances.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Sounds like butthurt kids who've gotten a free ride in life getting upset that they're no longer getting spoonfed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gayle Benson is manipulating her husband into handing over his holdings while feeding him a diet consisting of mainly candy, ice cream, soda and red wine.
Is it Ferrero Rochers and rocky road? Because I would hand over my holdings too if my wife fed me that every day.
And I'd do it happily.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is it Ferrero Rochers and rocky road? Because I would hand over my holdings too if my wife fed me that every day.
And I'd do it happily.
please add insulin to that diet

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Could be worse at least she's not Lizzie Borden.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
At least she's feeding him candy and wine instead of having him drowned.

Georgia is obviously on my mind.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
"The lawsuit alleges that Benson doesn’t know the current president of the United States"

I guess by this picture he thinks President Obama is his starting fullback ?

Gayle+Benson+6doMVyg7H86m.jpg

Last edited: