I think the Bills are going to make a HUGE move up tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Here's what I see as being this years big blockbuster trade.

The Bills need a QB of the future and they know Brady is not long for the game. They are the better team if they have a franchise or really, really good QB and the Patriots are without Brady. Maybe two years from now Brady hangs it up and the QB the Bills pick would be hitting stride. They could be on top of the AFCE quickly with a smart move to get a QB.

They have two picks in the 1st round, 12 and 22, and two in the 2nd round, 53 and 56.

If I am the CLE GM I am calling them and asking to put a deal together that includes those picks for my #4 overall.

That would give me the #1 overall, and 12, 22, 33, 35, 53, 56 and 64.

So the top QB in the draft, and SEVEN more picks in the first two rounds.

I don't know how that stacks up on the draft value chart, which is really just a guideline these days. But even if the Browns had to give up #33 it's a win for both teams. Someone will have to check that, I have to run out for awhile.

I can't see CLE not talking to BUF and they probably already have. It's a perfect trade partner and would give the Browns a large makeover in one draft.

And guess what. They have 5 picks in the first two rounds of the 2019 draft right now. If they get this type of deal done and hit on the QB selection and then just do an average job with the other picks over this draft and the next draft............lookout AFCN.

The Factory of Sadness could turn into The Factory of Gladness.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Colts may be willing to trade back for less.
Careful what you wish for, I'd hate to see the Pats move up themselves

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I were Buffalo I'd stand pat. Too much to give up, especially in 1 year. But what the hell do I know?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If I am the CLE GM I am calling them and asking to put a deal together that includes those picks for my #4 overall.

That would give me the #1 overall, and 12, 22, 33, 35, 53, 56 and 64.

So the top QB in the draft, and SEVEN more picks in the first two rounds.
I've heard on TV/Radio....that Cleveland might/should want to replace Joe Thomas with that LT from Notre Dame....don't know why...but they wouldn't wanna move too far back....12 seems like an ideal spot....or even better....22.

Seems strange....If I were the Browns...I'd take two stud players....and grab Lamar Jackson at the end of the 1st round.

Buffalo....why not LOOK at AJ before drafting a QB so high???? They have serious issues on defense....no WR's...just confusing to me.....

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Standing pat is a major risk with Denver, Miami and especially Arizona who need a front line QB for the future. Sam Bradford hardly ever makes it throuth a a full year and still no one hardly mentions them in the QB conversation not sure if I understand why not?

Also if I am the Browns fanbase I would run Dorsey out of town if i gave up the first pick maybe the fourth but not the first.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Colts may be willing to trade back for less.

But they are "out of range" for one of the 3-4 QB's that are desired. Two slots too low for any comfort IMO.

If I were Buffalo I'd stand pat. Too much to give up, especially in 1 year. But what the hell do I know?

I came to this conclusion thinking about it this way. The Bills were 9-7 and made the playoffs.

I like Taylor the way I like Keenum.

But a really, really good QB would have gotten maybe 2 more wins..........and that becomes an 11-5 team with upside.

Standing pat is a major risk with Denver, Miami and especially Arizona who need a front line QB for the future.

Just my opinion here...........

Miami is a team run by idiots.

Denver thinks Elway is a genius I guess because he gave PManning a huge contract and they went to 2 SB's and won 1. And are in a tailspin right now since that SB win.

Oswieller 57 overall
Siemenn 250 overall
Lynch 26 overall

Not a QB guru.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Loosley following and the Broncos didn't pick a QB.

Um ok.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
If we still had are pick at #23 I would have been screaming for us to trade up to take Tremaine Edmunds... The Bills have had a nice first round getting Edmonds and Allen

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He's gonna make a lot of people scratch their head as to why he went so late
His slight frame would scare me in the old NFL....but after Deshaun Watson last year....it's worth a look....
I knew he'd be available later...and had the Browns just did something remotely normal...well....Watch what the Raven's did work....watch what the Bills and Browns did....

I kinda like the Bills picks tho...can't lie....Josh Allen is a guy I'd like....

And something about Lamar....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am not a big fan of Allen. That said, he's a big dude who actually fits what Buffalo wants to do which is throw off of play action in a balanced offense. If Allen had gone to a team that is more pass happy I think the fit would not be as good. So not a great pick, but a fit and a need.

The Edmunds pick I liked a lot more and IMO it made their draft. He's not a perfect prospect, but he has things you cannot coach. Under that fantastic defensive staff up there in Buffalo that's a nice mix.

Very good first round for the Bills, IMO. One of the better day one performances from my easy chair.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If we still had are pick at #23 I would have been screaming for us to trade up to take Tremaine Edmunds... The Bills have had a nice first round getting Edmonds and Allen

If we had kept pick 23 I would have been throwin $#!T when the Titans took Rashaan Evans. He was my huckleberry.

Other team that effin scored late round one is the Vikings, in getting a future shutdown corner at 30. Lot of teams are going to be sorry they didn't take Hughes IMO.