I think I've seen a trend.......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
After some weeks, I saw today what has become a trait of this team. Injuries have whittled our own confidence in ourselves where we have to play a "perfect game" to even compete. But as any team in the league, we have a chance to win if we do. But when one thing goes wrong............ The team gets in the whole "Here it goes again" mode of this year.
I mean it's easy to feel snake bit right about now....lost your QB in preseason.....then your emotional defensive leader in the first game. Your backup QB goes down to a "phantom" injury in the first half of the first game supposedly while throwing an ugly interception.... Your "big" Free Agent p/u/holdover has been in and out of the lineup w/ injuries as questions still linger over his health..... And the team's plan to phase this year's rookies in, has crashed to the ground, as the talent level has been where it's needed (or the overall performances.....) and everyone can see the Greg Williams project isn't where it should be as either the players are having problems buying into the system or having problems executing assignments that usually put a premium on one or 2 positions.
But back to my theory. If anything happens. Like the interception on the 2nd drive....the team's mental state goes right back to the whole "and it starts..." mode. And from there, even opportune plays can't be cashed in as everyone is expecting bad things to happen.
So to me....it wasn't the KO return.......I just didn't see the same mind set once (for whatever reason it was called....or thrown as it wasn't open.....) the interception happened. From there it seemed we were a different team...... As it has every week when "something" happens. "The fumbled snap" against Dallas. The blocked punt against Philly. The double move before halftime against SF......... Seattle just couldn't get past our special teams but it took that kind of desperate play to get a win.....Today....another chapter in the 2014 season.....we'll have some days, but injuries have gutted our beliefs in our self as a team.
Just some thoughts...........

LooNaTik83

Trends are never ending. Its that they happen so fast one loses sight of what really happened. Time is a constant therefore revolution equals evolution.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Our defense took em three and out after the interception. We were never the same after our best wr and rt guard went out on successive plays.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Our defense took em three and out after the interception. We were never the same after our best wr and rt guard went out on successive plays.
You are correct. And we even had some "Donald" working his magic......but the offense never looked the same after the interception and in time the defense just couldn't keep up w/ the same old stay too long on the field. They just look like a different bunch. When we got it back after the interception we were a quick 3 and out (ending w/ a sack....) and then KC took the ball (w/ the help of a flag) went down and scored their first TD. Quick and Saffold's injuries came on the next series.