I have no doubt the Rams tried trading Michael Sam

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Let me get this straight, we are to believe this was some agonizing last minute cut that Fisher sweated over?

Please!

Not only did they know he was getting cut they knew they where not going to sign him to their PS as well.

Store OVER, at least as far as the Rams are concerned.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I think it is possible, but I bet Westrbooks would draw far more offers. When some of then 4-3 ends in the NFL is see get no pressure, week after week, someone will give him a chance. He's got to be as good a NYG's 4th end or Detroits or Minny's or Oaklands. Perhaps others.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My point is if they don't even want to PS Sam then they had no intentions of keeping him even IF they would have traded Westbrooks which I do not believe was on the table.

I think they tried in vein to get "something" for Sam and struck out...and now you see why because no one wants him even for nothing.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
well, I agree that no one wants to pay a 7th for something they can get for nothing, but that does not mean Rams didn't try. That's all I am saying. I don't know if Westbrooks was on table or not, other than, if someone offered you a good price, then you;d take it. I think that would be more of a situation of teams asking for Westbrooks and Rams listenting . . . and if they didn't get what they thought was the right price, then they keep him. Now, after his preseason Westrbook is worth a pretty good draft pick.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Why do you think the Rams coaching staff and front office would lie?

GO RAMS!!!!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Let me get this straight, we are to believe this was some agonizing last minute cut that Fisher sweated over?

Please!

Not only did they know he was getting cut they knew they where not going to sign him to their PS as well.

Store OVER, at least as far as the Rams are concerned.
You can believe what you want, but I have it on good authority, they went right up to the deadline deciding on whether or not they were going to keep him.

And as far as trade interests, they entertained far more offers for Westbrooks, than they did for Sam. This is exactly why they went to the deadline. It came down to the decision of keeping Sam and trading Westbrooks, and we obviously saw what their final decision was.

Rams4life

You can believe what you want, but I have it on good authority, they went right up to the deadline deciding on whether or not they were going to keep him.

And as far as trade interests, they entertained far more offers for Westbrooks, than they did for Sam. This is exactly why they went to the deadline. It came down to the decision of keeping Sam and trading Westbrooks, and we obviously saw what their final decision was.

Lol OK.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Part of Colts owner, Jim Isray's, punishment is having to add Michael Sam to the active roster.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky

I have to believe your side of the story. They kept the best player available. And no one can say the Rams didn't give MS a fair and egual shot at making the team. They gave him an audition for the Rams and the entire league. That's more than any other team did. Our management can hold their heads high. That's so much better than so many other teams that have stayed hidden, locked behind their doors scared. And that's all I have to say about that.

Dick84

Look... op has started more than one thread that showed a disapproval for Sam. We get it.. you didn't' like them drafting him.
I'll say that I just don't believe Fisher is a game player. They drafted a player whom they had a potential roster spot for. A UDFA with a semi-troubled track record came in and played to his significant potential and beat Sam.
Quit trying to make the Rams' moves into something other than what they showed up front. Not on this one.

RFIP

Down to the last minute deciding on where to keep him on the FIFTY-THREE...BUT UNWILLING to keep him on the PS?!

Nah, sorry coach, not buying that one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Down to the last minute deciding on where to keep him on the FIFTY-THREE...BUT UNWILLING to keep him on the PS?!

How many DE's do you think we need on the team as a whole? If they have 5 right now, why would they need to add another to the practice squad? Those limited roster spots (the PS) are typically reserved for players who provide some needed depth. We don't have depth needs at DE.

RFIP

How many DE's do you think we need on the team as a whole? If they have 5 right now, why would they need to add another to the practice squad? Those limited roster spots (the PS) are typically reserved for players who provide some needed depth. We don't have depth needs at DE.

Exactly. Which is why I not believe he was a last second cut.

They knew they weren't keeping him and tried trading him but found no takers, obviously because no one wants him now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Exactly. Which is why I not believe he was a last second cut.

They knew they weren't keeping him and tried trading him but found no takers, obviously because no one wants him now.
Even if you're right (which I don't think you are)...

So what?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
can this OFFICIALLY be the LAST Michael Sam post on this site EVER? bet you a dollar you guys can't do it.

Philly5

Rookie
If we tried to trade him, we obviously over estimated his value. There was not even PS interest. Hopefully our FO is not that far off the beaten path.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

so if they trade Westbrooks, you dont think he stays on the 53? Why don;t you just come out and say it,, you dont want him on the team period? You seem to be discounting that as an option. Instead, you want to believe that they were ONLY shopping Sam. Take off the blinders.

Again, believe what you want,,, but they were considering it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Man people are getting contentious about this subject,I has ta ask myself ,should I? Nah ,I hope the kid gets a job and coming out doesn't cost him,so far it seems it has, said seems ............K?