I hate to say it, but its the truth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
When the Rams selected Sam Bradford in 2010 I was happy, extremely excited. He was hope, and I wanted him to bring us to the promised land more than anything else, or at least back to relevance. He had the arm that rivaled the best in the NFL. Had deep accuracy that most starters wished they had. He was a beast when it came to those attributes. And we all wanted him to succeed. But..he didnt. His pocket presence was shit, he got scared easily and lived off the drop off passes. He took our hope and killed it. Not even because of the injuries. He was the chosen one and he failed to live up to our expectations. I had faith in him, maybe it was blind faith. As we all did, and he let us all down. He failed us.

But I say this.

Goff is going to be so much better. He is going to rival Rodgers in time. He is going to make the Rams a constant playoff contender. He is going to be so much better than Bradford ever could be. Goff is not going to fail us like Bradford did.

We all know this, The rest of the NFL(fans) laugh at us for trading up for him, but who who actually plays in the NFL had laughed? None!! They know he is the real deal. and soon the fans will find out how good he really is.

Goff is going to bring us multiple rings, I call it now. He will go down as a top 10 QB of all time. He is going to be one of the greatest to wear the horns ever. I believe this more than anything else when it comes to the rams(except for AD, he is god!!). Goff is going to shock the world!!!

*yes I have been drinking!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Haven't we all!
peggyshead.gif

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Bradford had a JV squad blocking for him, Freshman level coaching staff, cast off receivers, and a shell of his former self at runningback.

Bradfords failures are because of a crappy coaching staff who didn't know how to develop a QB.

Had Bradford come into the situation that Goff is, ie. an experienced coaching staff, he may have become what everyone predicted. Instead they took his rookie success and then forced him, along with everyone else, into an offense that didn't fit. You don't throw 20 yard routes when you oline couldn't block a 4 man rush for longer that 1 second.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
When the Rams selected Sam Bradford in 2010 I was happy, extremely excited. He was hope, and I wanted him to bring us to the promised land more than anything else, or at least back to relevance. He had the arm that rivaled the best in the NFL. Had deep accuracy that most starters wished they had. He was a beast when it came to those attributes. And we all wanted him to succeed. But..he didnt. His pocket presence was crap, he got scared easily and lived off the drop off passes. He took our hope and killed it. Not even because of the injuries. He was the chosen one and he failed to live up to our expectations. I had faith in him, maybe it was blind faith. As we all did, and he let us all down. He failed us.
200.gif

Sorry Tron i couldn't resist. :)

I felt the same way. He had all the tools to be great for us for the next 10-15 yrs. His deep ball accuracy wasn't good though...at least when it came to putting air under it and dropping it in there. He could throw a pretty good accurate deep ball with a lower trajectory.

We need Goff to succeed. The Rams and all of us fans are due.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Sam Bradford in 2010

As we all did, and he let us all down. He failed us.

(n)

Goff is going to be so much better
:yess:

He is going to rival Rodgers in time.
:yess:

He is going to make the Rams a constant playoff contender.
:yay::yay::yay:

Goff is going to bring us multiple rings
:rockon:

Goff is going to shock the world!!!
:cheers:

:palm: :baghead::banghead:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I love to agree with you, @Tron , and I've also been drinking!... Flying out to Tamarindo, Costa Rica early tomorrow for 2 weeks solo.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Too funny....

but as long as he's AVERAGE...we'll compete...and compete very soon...

and I believe it too, @Tron

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
When the Rams selected Sam Bradford in 2010 I was happy, extremely excited. He was hope, and I wanted him to bring us to the promised land more than anything else, or at least back to relevance. He had the arm that rivaled the best in the NFL. Had deep accuracy that most starters wished they had. He was a beast when it came to those attributes. And we all wanted him to succeed. But..he didnt. His pocket presence was crap, he got scared easily and lived off the drop off passes. He took our hope and killed it. Not even because of the injuries. He was the chosen one and he failed to live up to our expectations. I had faith in him, maybe it was blind faith. As we all did, and he let us all down. He failed us.

But I say this.

Goff is going to be so much better. He is going to rival Rodgers in time. He is going to make the Rams a constant playoff contender. He is going to be so much better than Bradford ever could be. Goff is not going to fail us like Bradford did.

We all know this, The rest of the NFL(fans) laugh at us for trading up for him, but who who actually plays in the NFL had laughed? None!! They know he is the real deal. and soon the fans will find out how good he really is.

Goff is going to bring us multiple rings, I call it now. He will go down as a top 10 QB of all time. He is going to be one of the greatest to wear the horns ever. I believe this more than anything else when it comes to the rams(except for AD, he is god!!). Goff is going to shock the world!!!

In Vino, Veritas.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not that it matters about Bradford anymore, cuz that's over now. He had many disadvantages, but he also had never been tested at Oklahoma like Goff has been at Cal. Watching the kid avoid a pass rush while going through progressions, is what excites me. There will be games that he throws INTS while adjusting to game speed, so we have to understand that. But after the "game" starts slowing down for him, our WR's BETTER CATCH THE D@MN BALL!:yess:

Debacled

Starter
Personally I don't feel like Goff is half the prospect Bradford was coming out of college.

Mind you with that said I feel like he is easily more than 2x as likely to avoid the injury bug. 2013-2014 was looking like something special before 2 ACL blowouts.

Goff may develop into something damn good, but that is a couple years away at best it seems.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally I don't feel like Goff is half the prospect Bradford was coming out of college.

Mind you with that said I feel like he is easily more than 2x as likely to avoid the injury bug. 2013-2014 was looking like something special before 2 ACL blowouts.

Goff may develop into something damn good, but that is a couple years away at best it seems.
Wow...I couldn't disagree with you more.. Yes, Bradford had the tools of a franchise QB, but his temperment was for shyte. Many of the yards he gained during his career, seemed to yards ceded by a team with a comfortable lead..ie junk yards and scores. If Bradford had the heart of Case Keenum or even Kellen Clemmens, he'd be a top QB in this league. He doesn't have it now, and I don't know if he ever did. It's easy to look great when you are surrounded by a great team with a great Oline like he had at Oklahoma. The Rams had neither, and his faults were exposed.

From what I saw of Goff, he has those intangibles that Bradford lacked, in spades.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford will never be a great QB in this league because DCs can dictate his behavior through the use of pressure. Just my take on the guy, not trying to tear him down or anything.

With Goff the future remains to be seen but I'm also high on that kool-aid man. He was the piece and the Rams actually DID what they should have done with great risk too I might add. Even after they moved up to 1 overall I was paranoid that they'd take the bigger more raw prospect because that's what Fish and Snead do. But they really surprised me this year, impressed the F out of me too. I'm all in with him and got my #16 jersey in blue and yellow and I'm ready to treat each preseason game like a playoff game, talkin ribs, chicken, all the family and friends over, whole 9 yards!

Let's go training camp ffs! It's killin me!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just cause I had been drinking doesn't make it not true. I'm sober and still agree with it all.

Goff is going to be amazing. Mark my words!

tempests

Hall of Fame
Needlessly harsh on Bradford. The Rams failed him more than the other way around. He wasn't supplied with an effective offensive line, reliable targets or playmakers. And forced to adjust to three different OCs in three years.

Goff had more experience dealing with a pass rush but he's never seen anything like what he'll be facing in the NFL level. Rams must do everything they didn't do with their last no 1 pick.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Needlessly harsh on Bradford. The Rams failed him more than the other way around. He wasn't supplied with an effective offensive line, reliable targets or playmakers. And forced to adjust to three different OCs in three years.

Goff had more experience dealing with a pass rush but he's never seen anything like what he'll be facing in the NFL level. Rams must do everything they didn't do with their last no 1 pick.

Goff also had a high school level Oline at Cal..Sometimes he had like 2 seconds to avoid a Pass Rush before making an evasive move or throwing the ball.....3 seconds was almost a norm, and that evens out the difference a little(NFL pass rush vs PAC 12 pass rush), doesn't it?

As for defending Bradford like you are, I used the same arguments, until somewhere along the line it didn't matter anymore. I stand behind my above comments, ultimately he lacked heart imo.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi

But I say this.

Goff was tested his whole time in college, he took over a losing team and by the end of his collegiate career they were successful and made a bowl game. The talent on his team was not good at all and I don't know of one guy that is NFL talent. Bradford played with a dominant Oklahoma team that sent almost every starter to the NFL. Sam couldn't handle the pass rush and was beat up a lot, forcing him to play scared. I don't see that in Goff at all, he's relentless and will take a hit in the mouth to complete a pass. I DONT SEE ANY SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE 2, OTHER THAN BEING TAKEN FIRST OVERALL.