I generally like living in Arizona, but . . .

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
upload_2016-6-16_5-47-29.png

It is going to be freakin' hot, even by our standards. And it will continue being insanely hot, dangerously so, for a week or more.

The sad thing is I know there will be a tourist or two who will decide to take a hike up one of our mountains, with only a half liter of water, and will have to be med-evaced off it. Hopefully in time.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I've been applying for work in Arizona :fuelfire::fuelfire::fuelfire:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
View attachment 14219

It is going to be freakin' hot, even by our standards. And it will continue being insanely hot, dangerously so, for a week or more.

The sad thing is I know there will be a tourist or two who will decide to take a hike up one of our mountains, with only a half liter of water, and will have to be med-evaced off it. Hopefully in time.

Single digit humidity........wow I didn't even know such a thing existed LOL.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Single digit humidity........wow I didn't even know such a thing existed LOL.
What's humidity? I live in a desert at 4500 feet elevation! Even when we have a winter snow storm there's very little humidity. We get about 7 inches of rain a year and like 2 feet of snow a year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What's humidity? I live in a desert at 4500 feet elevation! Even when we have a winter snow storm there's very little humidity. We get about 7 inches of rain a year and like 2 feet of snow a year.

We get about 55 inches of rain a year here on average.

But no snow.

Naples-image.jpeg

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have only lived in two states (southern, central, northern) California & all over the state of Florida same state as Les Baker. From my point of view I still prefer the low humidity high dry temps of the southwest over the Florida near pure 100% humidity & lower temps. But, as long as I have vast quantities of cool water to consume that is. But Les does live near one of the America's best beach areas. He is one lucky Ram fan!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have only lived in two states (southern, central, northern) California & all over the state of Florida same state as Les Baker. From my point of view I still prefer the low humidity high dry temps of the southwest over the Florida near pure 100% humidity & lower temps. But, as long as I have vast quantities of cool water to consume that is. But Les does live near one of the America's best beach areas. He is one lucky Ram fan!

There are some great beaches here. I live about 5 minutes away from Barefoot Beach also known as Bonita Beach and it's made a lot of to 10 beaches in the USA lists.

This is a pic I took last year..........at Doc's Beach House. It's 5 minutes from where I live.

20130510_143823.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
Exactly.
Went from Reno to Virginia for a bike trip/tour/speaking thing years ago. It was 92 or so degrees with 90 something percent humidity. Just about killed me. 90 degrees in the high desert is just a nice day.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
There are some great beaches here. I live about 5 minutes away from Barefoot Beach also known as Bonita Beach and it's made a lot of to 10 beaches in the USA lists.

This is a pic I took last year..........at Doc's Beach House. It's 5 minutes from where I live.

View attachment 14233

Man I need to move to Florida. Good thing I've been applying for work there too!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I've been here all 35 years and counting while the "heat" doesn't bother me at all. I'll go paddle boarding, hiking, golfing, and fishing anytime during the day. Especially during the summer. For me, hydration prior night and morning of and obviously during the next day keep me going. I'm not some fitness or food freak. I enjoy drinking No. 7 and beer too much nightly. So maybe I make it even more challenging which really isn't too bright. I'm still chugging along in the 110 plus temps.

Mind over matter

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Average high where I live in peak summer; 72 degrees F

I can't imagine 100+.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Fu*k that zero tolerance bullshit. Can't even enjoy a beer with your meal and drive. Right?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Average high where I live in peak summer; 72 degrees F

I can't imagine 100+.

Well, before the humidity of the monsoon hits in a week or two, 100 isn't too bad. Around 110 there's no denying it's dangerously hot though.

I keep telling myself it's just the flip side and the price of living where I can wear shorts during the day 50+ weeks out of the year. If I don't have an in-person meeting with a key client or exec, I go months without wearing long pants sometimes. And even better, the women dress similarly year round.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, before the humidity of the monsoon hits in a week or two, 100 isn't too bad. Around 110 there's no denying it's dangerously hot though.

I keep telling myself it's just the flip side and the price of living where I can wear shorts during the day 50+ weeks out of the year. If I don't have an in-person meeting with a key client or exec, I go months without wearing long pants sometimes. And even better, the women dress similarly year round.

I haven't put on a jacket in almost 6 years lol.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fu*k that zero tolerance bullcrap. Can't even enjoy a beer with your meal and drive. Right?
Try owning a pub with that shit going on these days. Extremism in anything just plain sucks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I bet a lot of houses there don't have AC.

My town is close to the Bay of Fundy, so that is very much the case where I live.

I don't have central air, but do have a couple of mini-split heat pumps that I will use for cooling on really warm days.