I dumped Verizon and have been very happy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
For a long time I have been sick and tired of the high prices they gouged me with, but the service was the best.

I'm a Comcast Xfinity customer with home cable/internet.

Xfinity just got into the wireless game and I got on board. They use Verizons towers so the service is the same.

They have 18 million wifi hotspots around the country, loads of them around here so I can get wifi even when there is none available locally. In fact I haven't been to a place where I need internet access and haven't been able to get on a local wifi or Xfiniti's network. I can roll down the road for miles and miles using no data.

There in no line fee, and the data usage is either unlimited for 45 bucks a month or pay as you go for 12 bucks a GIG. I've used more than 1 GIG very few times so that's the program I picked. If I had a newer phone my bill would be 12 bucks a month. Yes that's right 12 bucks.

But I had an older Galaxy S5 so I upgraded to the new Galaxy S9 for 30 bucks. So my bill is 42 bucks a month. Less than what I was paying Verizon AND I got the S9. Which by the way is a really amazing phone.

If you are an Xfiniti customer I strongly recommend looking into this especially if you have an iphone or galaxy that is fairly recent. If you have an S7 or newer I think you can jump on board.

Imagine having a phone bill that's 12 bucks a month!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I am about to leave at&t after 13+ yrs to switch to xfinity. I am going to just pay off our phones at at&t and go to xfinity I will save over $100/month. Maybe less if my wife gets a new phone, but still worth it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am about to leave at&t after 13+ yrs to switch to xfinity. I am going to just pay off our phones at at&t and go to xfinity I will save over $100/month. Maybe less if my wife gets a new phone, but still worth it.

You'll be happy.

I forgot.......I am getting a $250 Visa gift card in 16 weeks if the account is in good standing which it will be since I got a new phone.

That's about 5 months worth of the bill I have lol.

fearsomefour

Legend
It's all six of one half dozen of another.
Depends where you live in relation to whomever network. Getting any company to be honest about the distance/limitation relative to your address is tbe challenge.
One persons experience is meaningless to what another persons is going to be unless they live next door.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
For a long time I have been sick and tired of the high prices they gouged me with, but the service was the best.

Xfinity just got into the wireless game and I got on board. They use Verizons towers so the service is the same.

They have 18 million wifi hotspots around the country, loads of them around here so I can get wifi even when there is none available locally. In fact I haven't been to a place where I need internet access and haven't been able to get on a local wifi or Xfiniti's network. I can roll down the road for miles and miles using no data.

There in no line fee, and the data usage is either unlimited for 45 bucks a month or pay as you go for 12 bucks a GIG. I've used more than 1 GIG very few times so that's the program I picked. If I had a newer phone my bill would be 12 bucks a month. Yes that's right 12 bucks.

But I had an older Galaxy S5 so I upgraded to the new Galaxy S9 for 30 bucks. So my bill is 42 bucks a month. Less than what I was paying Verizon AND I got the S9. Which by the way is a really amazing phone.

If you are an Xfiniti customer I strongly recommend looking into this especially if you have an iphone or galaxy that is fairly recent. If you have an S7 or newer I think you can jump on board.

Mildly off topic, but I really hate those wireless hotspots they install everywhere. Simply on principal.

Whenever a business buys internet from one of these companies, the ISP is installing a WiFi router to be used as a hotspot without asking out explicitly mentioning it. I'm sure it's in the contract somewhere, but they don't mention it like they do all the other major provisions in the contract.

Now, without really noticing anyone, the ISP had installed a huge security hole in the company's network AND it's allowing unknown users in the area to use the bandwidth the company paid for. It's a sneaky, underhanded, and dirty way to try and increase their own value proposition to other customers.

Bunch of jerks.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I have Atlantic Broadband which includes internet, TV, and phone and costs about $170.00 a month. Now if I can only find a provider for the internet alone because I can do without the TV and the phone.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!

Yes a lot of telecommunications companies do this. I am very familiar with the industry being employed within it for 9 plus years running multiple stores until Verizon purchased Alltel and I got laid off. It's common that they will rebrand their service and have someone else sell it to make extra money if someone owes them money or leaves being mad they still make money off them without the people knowing it. Sprint PCS uses PCS CDMA technology and Metro PCS is just a rebranding or reselling of the service of them so on etc.

If anybody ever has a chance to be employed by Verizon I'd suggest to take it because they pay their employees very well since they are the premier in the industry. The industry is ever evolving to.

p.s. very wise on your part to move to Comcast. I would have myself but I wasn't with Comcast for 6 months and at the time I needed a phone badly so went with Sprint like a genius with a Verizon bill with half the quality and service. I'll be switching to Comcast here pretty soon.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
T-Mobile here. And so damn tired of it. Had Verizon prior so know all about the gouging.

And yet I miss the better coverage. T-Mobile is only good well inside city limits in my experience. Think I'm going with AT&T next, and suppose I should expect a good wallet raping eh?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Made switch Monday, left at&t for comcast mobile. I will save almost $100/month and have more data, would have been more savings but we upgraded our phones so $60/month is for the phones.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Made switch Monday, left at&t for comcast mobile. I will save almost $100/month and have more data, would have been more savings but we upgraded our phones so $60/month is for the phones.

How has it been? I have been totally happy with the change and have recommended it to several friends and neighbors, I know a few are going to make the move.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
How has it been? I have been totally happy with the change and have recommended it to several friends and neighbors, I know a few are going to make the move.
Its been great, service is as good or better and I save over $90/month. And we have unlimited data now, will see about going by the gig after I see how much data we use.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Its been great, service is as good or better and I save over $90/month. And we have unlimited data now, will see about going by the gig after I see how much data we use.

It's hard for me to go over 1GIG, I have WIFI hotspots everywhere I go either local or the XFINITI wifi.

And I am loving the S9.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It's hard for me to go over 1GIG, I have WIFI hotspots everywhere I go either local or the XFINITI wifi.

And I am loving the S9.
Yeah the S9 is nice. I use most of my data streaming music all day at work and when in my truck. I've used just over 2 gigs in almost 2 weeks, so I will probably stay on unlimited on my line but my wife doesnt use much so go by the gig for her and save more money.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah the S9 is nice. I use most of my data streaming music all day at work and when in my truck. I've used just over 2 gigs in almost 2 weeks, so I will probably stay on unlimited on my line but my wife doesnt use much so go by the gig for her and save more money.

You should check to see how the XFINITI wifi is for you at work. But at the 45 bucks for all you can eat maybe it's not a big deal.

My neighbor just purchased two iphones and is going to switch and his bill for both phones will 24 bucks a month on the pay as you use it plan. He said the same, he is always in range of wifi. It's crazy that he was paying about 150 bucks before. He owes me a bottle of vodka!!!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
You should check to see how the XFINITI wifi is for you at work. But at the 45 bucks for all you can eat maybe it's not a big deal.

My neighbor just purchased two iphones and is going to switch and his bill for both phones will 24 bucks a month on the pay as you use it plan. He said the same, he is always in range of wifi. It's crazy that he was paying about 150 bucks before. He owes me a bottle of vodka!!!

There are lots of XFINITY wi-fi around town and 1 down the street from my job. I am on and off the wifi depending on which end of the dock I'm on but mostly off I try to avoid the west end, too much wind. But I am thrilled with $45/month, even $45 each is cheaper than $125 for just the plan + whatever at&t charged for the 2nd line.