I dislike the Patriots. Here’s why.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I dislike the Patriots because... (2 votes)

• They are cheaters

Votes: 62 69.7%
  • They get preferential treatment

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • Can’t stand Belichick and/or Brady

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • They beat us SB 36

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Tired of seeing them win

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • I don’t dislike the Patriots

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Tied with Maine, yes it's the most annoying.

That was a legal formation until the NFL changed the rule after the Patriots designed the play, which you have to admit was clever and they used it well.

During that offseason the rules committee made the formation illegal.
No, the alignment was illegal from the gate. The refs were stupid to let them do it. The rule book lets ineligible players like linemen report that there eligible and line up in an eligible position. It doesn't say an eligible player can line up in an eligible position and report ineligible and confuse the shit out of the defense. It is not something you can adapt to on short notice. It completely ruined the Ravens defense. So when the cheatriots first tried it the ref knowing it isn't in the rule book should have said no. It was obvious to the Ravens, to the announcers, to any fan who new anything about football and most of all, it was obvious to the Patriot when they thought it up. That is my point. They have no ethics. It is not clever, it is cheating and not that it maters to them or anyone else, but everything they do, or brady does,.they got there on a foundation of cheating.

Last edited:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I hate them so much that I pretty much never watched a full game of theirs other than the SB vs Seattle and I skipped many before then. I would NEVER marvel at their efficiency I could give a crap if they're at the top of their game... it's more like most everyone else is playing at the bottom of their games. I refuse to give them any credit and I'm not impressed. I will also never watch any highlights of them winning anything. Won't waste a second of my time with that garbage.
:puke:
I am with you there.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I hate them because they legitimately screwed us out of a Super Bowl win by cheating.
And started us down a path we are just now getting out of. Not that Martz was a great head coach, but losing that game gave an opportunity for our capoligist, Zigmat I think his name was, to gain power over football operations. So long success.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Blatant cheaters.

Belicheat.

The league destroyed the tapes and only slapped them on the wrist. So they've continued to cheat their asses off to this day.

Even when caught red handed... they act as if they've done nothing wrong.

Their owner and his teenage girlfriend. She clearly loves him because of his looks.

Brady and his constant whining to the refs. Constant whining. And his HGH.

The Boston accent is the most annoying in our country.

I could go on and on... there aren't enough options @CGI_Ram
Ditto

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
People that underestimate the effect of a deflated ball are incorrect.

And it's not just catching it.
It is the running back holding on it.

It's much easier to hold on to a slightly deflated ball.

Easier to catch one too.

The only negative effect would probably be on a long, strong armed throw which the Patriots don't do that much anyway.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No, the alignment was illegal from the gate. The refs were stupid to let them do it. The rule book lets ineligible players like linemen report that there eligible and line up in an eligible position. It doesn't say an eligible player can line up in an eligible position and report ineligible and confuse the crap out of the defense. It is not something you can adapt to on short notice. It completely ruined the Ravens defense. So when the cheatriots first tried it the ref knowing it isn't in the rule book should have said no. It was obvious to the Ravens, to the announcers, to any fan who new anything about football and most of all, it was obvious to the Patriot when they thought it up. That is my point. They have no ethics. It is not clever, it is cheating and not that it maters to them or anyone else, but everything they do, or brady does,.they got there on a foundation of cheating.

Nope it was a legal play that year. The rule was altered for the next year.

This wasn't cheating, it was smart.

Watch the video and you will say "oh shit that was slick why didn't anyone try that before".

Legal play, and I dislike the Patriots. I will give the respect grudgingly.

Last edited:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

Watch the video and you will say "oh crap that was slick why didn't anyone try that before".

No, the league ruled that week that it was illegal so patriots could not use it in the next game. The only reason they had to rule on it was because the dumb ass ref let them in that game. NFL didn't wait till the off season to change a rule. They had to clarify the rule for dumb ass refs and cheating patriots.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

Watch the video and you will say "oh crap that was slick why didn't anyone try that before".

And no one tryed it before cause they aren't the cheatriots.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Zero penalties on offense or defense.

This is why they are so hated.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Because of this face.
What, I ask you, is fucking likable about this fucking face?

rPqDwESgQMab7VVDhn3ztg.jpeg

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I believe they changed it to where defensive players couldn't hold a running back coming out of the backfield. Faulk got robbed so many times that game.

They never changed that. That’s always been against the rules.

SAK11

Rookie
No, the league ruled that week that it was illegal so patriots could not use it in the next game. The only reason they had to rule on it was because the dumb ass ref let them in that game. NFL didn't wait till the off season to change a rule. They had to clarify the rule for dumb ass refs and cheating patriots.

And no one tryed it before cause they aren't the cheatriots.

The Lions tried it against the Vikings in a regular season game earlier that season. Alabama did something similar in a college game, too.

And from what I've read, they made it illegal in March at the Owner's meetings, well after the season had ended.

There are a lot of reasons to hate on the Pats, this isn't one of them for me. I thought it was really smart- trying a rarely seen formation in a game that's been around as long as football that works to perfection is something I can applaud. Harbaugh being a big baby about it really made it blow up and had all the Pats haters jump on. He whined about it being something that hadn't been done before. The reality is, it had been tried before, and it was completely legal at the time. The refs did what they were supposed to in regards to those plays so to call them dumbasses seems harsh. They announced Vereen as ineligible and said "don't cover 34".

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

After further review, I stand corrected. Still pisses me off though.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just can't stand Robert Kraft
This picture was taken right after he laid one on Goodell's mouth (he had to turn away).

And, PLEASE, dear Mother-of-God... someone tell him the French Collar (a/k/a Contrast Color Collar) went out in the seventies?

robert-kraft.png

After extensive research, I was able to get the actual name for those stupid shirts with white collars he wears:
They're called "The Asshole Collars"
https://mjacksonw.com/the-asshole-collar-a-first-glance-approach-to-the-no-asshole-rule-f0833b1b8e0f
From the article:
"This practical difference soon came to be used as a color code for class, since the white-collar jobs usually pay more, and the white shirt became a major symbol of the upper-middle class. For at least a generation, a certain type of manager-type employees would scarcely leave the house without a crisp white shirt on their back.

For the “gentlemen” who considered this to be a symbol they were proud to wear, fashion trends in recent years have raised a conundrum. If color is in style, and color shirts are in style, then how can you possibly maintain your white collar status symbol? Enter The Asshole Collar."

"We’ve all seen it: the blue shirt with a white collar and cuffs. The perfect way to maintain your white-collar social status while wearing a colored shirt like the cool kids."

"Assholes nationwide — and probably worldwide — have embraced this new, and highly practical, fashion. In fact, some of the men who best exemplify the asshole archetype have been sporting it for years now. Since they’re fake or dead, we can talk about them."

"So if you meet someone wearing an Asshole Collar, let this serve as warning that he may not quite be the nice guy he claims to be (if he even bothers to claim)."

"If you, on the other hand, are the wearer of said collar… well, maybe you should take the ARSE."

The "ARSE":
https://www.electricpulp.com/guykawasaki/arse/

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just tired of seeing them win.