I dislike the Patriots. Here’s why.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I dislike the Patriots because... (2 votes)

• They are cheaters

Votes: 62 69.7%
  • They get preferential treatment

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • Can’t stand Belichick and/or Brady

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • They beat us SB 36

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Tired of seeing them win

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • I don’t dislike the Patriots

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It seems most of us... heck, most sports fans in general, dislike the Patriots.

Why is that?

I probably need to put an “all of the above” choice. Lol.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I am going to get slaughtered for this but I don’t mind them. I love watching sportsmen at the top of their games and Brady is the best ever. I wouldn’t say I like them but I definitely do respect them, rule bending aside. What they’ve been able to achieve over a long time is remarkable.

I also went to Gillette for a game last season when I was visiting Boston and they couldnt have been more welcoming. It’s hard to hate good people and the people I met were all brilliant. They thought it was weird that a guy from Scotland visiting on holiday knew more about Chris Long than they did though!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will never forget the way the Patriots abused the Ram receivers in that super bowl, knowing full well that the refs wouldn't call pass interference and/or holding in the super bowl! They changed the rules after that game, I believe. And let's not even talk about spygate!!! And that is why I despise the patriots.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It might be time for the Patriots to start worrying.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I selected other because @CGI_Ram forgot "All of the Above."
new%2Bengland%2Bcheatriots.jpg

cheaties.jpg

CLDQsGZWcAAQyM1.jpg

26868911_1753258808312977_3249062490780205056_n.jpg

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
What Brady has accomplished is remarkable. He has mastered the offensive system they run and holds the players around him accountable.
He is very fortunate to have been on a team that has kept the system in place through the turnover of offensive coordinators.

The constants during his career in N.E. have been Belichick, the system and him. A lot to be said for continuity, in the system if not the players around him.

No, I don't believe he achieves the same level of success with any other team. I hate the fucker and his overblown reputation.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's the cheating. What pizzes me off even worse is the NFL front office knowing it's going on and not doing enough about it.
Stating with the SB they played against the Rams. Workers being miked up and Bellecheat getting Rams signals. NFL front office desotying video tapes to cover it up. Anyone who watched that game could see the Rams WR's and Faulk were clearly being held well beyond the LOS and officials let it go on.
Deflating footballs. (it's a fact deflated footballs are easier to hold onto, less turnovers).
According to profootballreference, the Patriots are #1 over the last ten years in benefiting from penalty calls on 3rd down resulting their offense getting a "1st and ten" instead of a "4th and punt". (Proof enough for me of official favoritism).

I hate the Patriots because they cheat. Spygate, Deflategate. Spying on opposing teams practice. Stealing signals.

What else has Billecheat and the Patriots done that they haven't been caught at? Like most criminals, they don't stop until they get caught, but in the Patriots case, they know the NFL isn't going to do anything so they'll keep cheating.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Blatant cheaters.

Belicheat.

The league destroyed the tapes and only slapped them on the wrist. So they've continued to cheat their asses off to this day.

Even when caught red handed... they act as if they've done nothing wrong.

Their owner and his teenage girlfriend. She clearly loves him because of his looks.

Brady and his constant whining to the refs. Constant whining. And his HGH.

The Boston accent is the most annoying in our country.

I could go on and on... there aren't enough options @CGI_Ram

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The Patriots era under Belichick and Brady will always have an asterisk after every championship in my mind due to the constant cheating. Some might claim they don't cheat any more than other teams but I would then ask why they've been hit for fines and suspensions for cheating if they didn't cheat.

Then there's the fact that people in general like the underdog. It's our nature. The Yankees were also hated back in the day because they constantly won. We like to see David knock out Goliath. The Patriots are the evil giant with the big mouth.
***************************************************************************************
Actually the Cowboys are right up there in the "I dislike that team" polling but for different reasons.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/who-hates-the-patriots-the-most/

The most loved — and hated — teams in the NFL
Share of NFL fans who ranked a given team among the their three favorite, and least-favorite, teams.

1 Dallas Cowboys 30.7%
2 New England Patriots 26.2
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/main-reasons-people-hate-new-england-patriots-092116

11 reasons why people hate the New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------
https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-new-england-patriots-1800674923

Why Your Team Sucks 2017: New England Patriots

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Taping the walk through and getting away with it gets my goat. The NFL saw what was on that tape, destroyed it and said there was nothing to see. That woulda been too big a scandal for Goodell and his then buddy Kraft. But Karma got Goodell. The deflate-gate ruined their man crush on each other. But maybe not. Patsies still get preferential treatment from the refs. Maybe without Goodell's blessing but they get it nonetheless.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
" There should have been a 'All-of-the-Above' choice CGI!" I went with because they are Cheaters, but it doesn't stop there, Belicheat is an impolite, arrogant Douche-Bag! I hate the way he handles Press Conferences, If it weren't required by the League, he wouldn't be there!! Plus the fact he's Trained his entire Team to act the same way!!

If you want to see the proper way a HC should handle a Presser, Watch Sean McVay's Presser's!!

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
All of the above for me. I'll also throw in the fact that they've been in probably the easiest division in all of football for the past 15 years or so. All three of their division rivals have been poor to mediocre at best (expect for 2 years where the Jets made the AFC championship game with Mark friggin Sanchez at the helm). Despite all of this, I still think it is incredible what they've been able to accomplish considering the nature of the NFL. However, if they had just a little more competition within their division, I don't think they make it to 7 Superbowls.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I am going to get slaughtered for this but I don’t mind them. I love watching sportsmen at the top of their games and Brady is the best ever. I wouldn’t say I like them but I definitely do respect them, rule bending aside. What they’ve been able to achieve over a long time is remarkable.

I also went to Gillette for a game last season when I was visiting Boston and they couldnt have been more welcoming. It’s hard to hate good people and the people I met were all brilliant. They thought it was weird that a guy from Scotland visiting on holiday knew more about Chris Long than they did though!

I'm with you. Used to hate. Hate died. Now I don't care.

Careful, though or you'll be accused of being a Patriots honk.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
It's the cheating. What pizzes me off even worse is the NFL front office knowing it's going on and not doing enough about it.
Stating with the SB they played against the Rams. Workers being miked up and Bellecheat getting Rams signals. NFL front office desotying video tapes to cover it up. Anyone who watched that game could see the Rams WR's and Faulk were clearly being held well beyond the LOS and officials let it go on.
Deflating footballs. (it's a fact deflated footballs are easier to hold onto, less turnovers).
According to profootballreference, the Patriots are #1 over the last ten years in benefiting from penalty calls on 3rd down resulting their offense getting a "1st and ten" instead of a "4th and punt". (Proof enough for me of official favoritism).

I hate the Patriots because they cheat. Spygate, Deflategate. Spying on opposing teams practice. Stealing signals.

What else has Billecheat and the Patriots done that they haven't been caught at? Like most criminals, they don't stop until they get caught, but in the Patriots case, they know the NFL isn't going to do anything so they'll keep cheating.
Don't forget coming up with an illegal formation in the playoffs to completely throw the Ravens off there game to beat them. Turning off the opposing teams head sets. Leaving theirs on past 15 sec. Their was an article about that as well. Tony Dungee has been quoted talking about how every game at New England the head sets fowl up. Digging thru the visiting teams trash for info. It's not just cheating, it is the lengths they go to test the rules. This is not war, this is a game that had it's own set of ethics and the participants played with respect for each other. Yes, you do everything you can to prepare for an opponent and in the heat of the game some lines are crossed, but Belicheat turned it into something completely different. The sad part, is that he is a great coach and probably could have won a few super bowls without all of this bull shit. Then to top it off everyone in the media just talks about how great Brady and him are. Every time they do there should be a statement like, too bad they think they have to cheat.
It taints everything they have done. Oh and deflate gate was nothing more than the NFL trying to do a make up call. Which never works.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with you. Used to hate. Hate died. Now I don't care.

Careful, though or you'll be accused of being a Patriots honk.
damm Patriots honks! Next thing ya know you'll be secretly wearing Super Bowl 36 Patriot's gear while posting here!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I will never forget the way the Patriots abused the Ram receivers in that super bowl, knowing full well that the refs wouldn't call pass interference and/or holding in the super bowl!

I believe they changed it to where defensive players couldn't hold a running back coming out of the backfield. Faulk got robbed so many times that game.

I don't mind Brady, as crazy as that sounds. But I voted the first two choices. Not only are they known cheaters, but they get slaps on the wrist and preferential treatment from the NFL.