Hulk Hogan Returns To Wwe

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
http://www.wwe.com/inside/hulk-hogan-returns-to-wwe-26183295

The red and yellow is back, brother.

WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan has returned to WWE and will host WrestleMania 30 on Sunday, April 6, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. Hogan will make his long-awaited return to WWE on Monday’s Raw. He will also appear on WWE Raw Backstage Pass, airing live on WWE Network immediately following Raw.

What programs will you see on WWE Network?

“We are thrilled that Hulk Hogan has returned home to WWE,” WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon said. “It’s fitting to have him help us celebrate 30 years of WrestleMania and usher in a new era with the launch of WWE Network.”

A larger-than-life icon, Hogan was regarded as the “Face of WWE” when Randy Orton was still in snakeskin diapers. The Hulkster’s rise to sports-entertainment immortality began on Jan. 23, 1984, when he defeated The Iron Sheik in Madison Square Garden to become WWE Champion. That victory started a pop culture phenomenon known as “Hulkamania” with Hogan bringing WWE to international prominence with appearances on MTV, his own animated series and a definitive WrestleMania III main event against Andre the Giant in front of a record 93, 173 fans in the Pontiac Silverdome.

Watch Hulk Hogan's epic WrestleMania moments

The Hulkster went on to become a six-time WWE Champion, and a WrestleMania icon, battling everyone from The Rock to 2014 WWE Hall of Fame inductee The Ultimate Warrior on The Grandest Stage of Them All. In 2005, Hogan was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by his “Rocky III” co-star Sylvester Stallone. His red and yellow boots have not touched a WWE mat since December 2007, but that will change this Monday night.

Full WrestleMania 30 coverage

“Words cannot express how excited I am to be back in the WWE family,” Hogan said. “I only have one question for the WWE Universe: Whatcha you gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild as the host of WrestleMania 30?”

Boffo97

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Reports are that Hogan couldn't even pass a physical to punch someone at Wrestlemania, let alone have an actual match, so this is a great way to use him.

Basically, make him the face of WWE Network, trying to encourage all those nostalgia subscriptions. Austin might be good in that capacity as well.

Ram_of_Old

Have you heard Ric Flair try to do his famous....WOOOOOOOOO! He sounds like a balloon being slowly deflated. I guess it is hard for these guys to get old,

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The WWE has their own network now?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Have you heard Ric Flair try to do his famous....WOOOOOOOOO! He sounds like a balloon being slowly deflated. I guess it is hard for these guys to get old,
I really feel sorry for Flair. He's basically blown all his money through multiple divorces and basically relies on WWE appearances at this point.

The WWE has their own network now?
It's an online only thing. You pay $10 a month, and in addition to regular programming (though there's not much variety there yet), you get on demand access to every single PPV ever done by WWE, WCW and ECW, and even get the new PPVs included starting with Wrestlemania XXX. So it's the perfect role for Hogan since, in small doses, he's walking nostalgia.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
WWE Network is basically Netflix for all old and new PPVs.

Sure you'll get the new shows like NXT, but other than that...meh.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
WWE Network is basically Netflix for all old and new PPVs.

Sure you'll get the new shows like NXT, but other than that...meh.
Considering that ordering the PPVs on Satellite or Cable was $50 (Wrestlemania $60) EACH, that alone is a heck of a deal. Plus, it's neat watching all the old stuff.

And NXT is nothing to sneeze at. That opening match last week of Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn was better than 90% of what's on RAW.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm a Rand Savage guy. "NOTHING MEANS NOTHING!!!"

"CREAM OF THE CROP"

Ram_of_Old

I really feel sorry for Flair. He's basically blown all his money through multiple divorces and basically relies on WWE appearances at this point.

It's an online only thing. You pay $10 a month, and in addition to regular programming (though there's not much variety there yet), you get on demand access to every single PPV ever done by WWE, WCW and ECW, and even get the new PPVs included starting with Wrestlemania XXX. So it's the perfect role for Hogan since, in small doses, he's walking nostalgia.

When I start paying to see professional wrestling, someone cuff me and drag me off to the loony bin. I have finally lost all cognitive ability....

Boffo97

Name
Dave
When I start paying to see professional wrestling, someone cuff me and drag me off to the loony bin. I have finally lost all cognitive ability....
There are people who would say the same thing about football. A lot of hobbies look loony to those who don't share that particular fanaticism. No need to hate. ;)

Ram_of_Old

No hate, just Honestly. I know theater when I see it. But the professional wrestling world has a huge following and their athletes are some of the best in the world.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
No hate, just Honestly. I know theater when I see it. But the professional wrestling world has a huge following and their athletes are some of the best in the world.
No disagreements... but then again, you pay for theater all the time too. :)

Ram_of_Old

No disagreements... but then again, you pay for theater all the time too. :)

True my friend, True. I am an old school wrestling fan. Do you remember Haystack Calhoun and Wahoo McDaniel. Those were the days!

Boffo97

Name
Dave
True my friend, True. I am an old school wrestling fan. Do you remember Haystack Calhoun and Wahoo McDaniel. Those were the days!
That was a bit before my time (I came in just prior to Wrestlemania III, and was a fan of GLOW for a bit before that) but I know precisely who those guys are. Did Calhoun get his nickname through being the size of a haystack?

Ram_of_Old

That was a bit before my time (I came in just prior to Wrestlemania III, and was a fan of GLOW for a bit before that) but I know precisely who those guys are. Did Calhoun get his nickname through being the size of a haystack?

I think so. He wore a horseshoe on a chain around his neck. He used it to punish folks on numerous occasions with it. There were no rules in...wait....THERE STILL ARE NO RULES!

Personally, I love to watch collegiate wrestling. I did a little of it myself. Nothing major. Your body in under tension the entire time you are on the mat.