How would you handle tonight's game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
- I would like to see the starting offensive line play a full three quarters. If Saffold plays tonight I would only play him a quarter. These young linemen need to see live action and they need as many reps as possible to build that chemistry.

- The starting offensive unit plays the full first half and could possibly play a portion of the third depending on how the first half goes. With a new coordinator, QB, and offensive line, this group needs as many reps as possible.

- Austin Davis gets the backup QB time. Right now Keenum has pretty well solidified the backup QB spot. Give Davis one last shot to make his case.

- Give Malcolm Brown reps behind the first team offensive line. Right now he and Pead are fighting for that last RB spot in my book.

- Play the starting defense all of the first quarter and if they play at a high level pull key starters. If not then play them all the full half. Not too many new parts on defense, but with not having opportunities to tackle and hit in practice they may need that live action to be sharp week one.

- Avoid depression we faced last year's week three against Cleveland.

…..

Legend
I would appease the fan base and Nick Wagoner, play my starters through three quarters and get Todd Gurly 20 touches in order to "get him ready". Then I would look for a job at NFL Network if anyone got hurt.

V3

Hall of Fame
- I would like to see the starting offensive line play a full three quarters. If Saffold plays tonight I would only play him a quarter. These young linemen need to see live action and they need as many reps as possible to build that chemistry.

Yup.

- The starting offensive unit plays the full first half and could possibly play a portion of the third depending on how the first half goes. With a new coordinator, QB, and offensive line, this group needs as many reps as possible.

Yup

- Austin Davis gets the backup QB time. Right now Keenum has pretty well solidified the backup QB spot. Give Davis one last shot to make his case.

We know what Davis is. I'd put Mannion in there since we already know Keenum has QB2.

- Give Malcolm Brown reps behind the first team offensive line. Right now he and Pead are fighting for that last RB spot in my book.

Why not.

- Play the starting defense all of the first quarter and if they play at a high level pull key starters. If not then play them all the full half. Not too many new parts on defense, but with not having opportunities to tackle and hit in practice they may need that live action to be sharp week one.

I'd play them into the 3rd unless they perform really well, in which case, I'd only do a half. This team is horrible at tackling at the start of every season. You only get better at tackling by doing it. Get the tackling reps in now before the season starts because we can't wait for the D to get up to snuff. They'll have to carry the team at the beginning.

- Avoid depression we faced last year's week three against Cleveland.

That'd be nice.

…..

Legend
I'm not sure Saffold will play considering he hasnt practiced? But the point about chemistry is a good one. The wish list says to get your 5 starters as much time together as possible. Obviously we dont have that luxury.

ram007

Starter
I want them to play like the last 2 weeks. They should not put anything on tape. This team is more than ready (courtesy of 2 practices with Cowboys) but they are hiding their cards which is OK.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fisher said he could realistically pick 49 of the 53 players right now. Right this very second.
I wonder who those four guys are.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The offense needs a confidence builder.

Even if they are playing vanilla, or keeping new things close to chest (to surprise the Seabags :sneaky:), they need to score some TD's.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fisher said he could realistically pick 49 of the 53 players right now. Right this very second.
I would guess at DB, LB, OL, and RB.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just want to see regular season style football for a half. I am concerned that if our "vanilla" vs the opponents "vanilla" isn't good enough, where is the team at..really? I concede that Fisher is playing versus situations, more than trying to win the game in preseason...I want to see dominance. I want to see Andrew Luck getting sacked multiple times. I want to see our young Oline pushing Defenders off the Line, letting whoever at RB get the second level frequently. I WANNA SEE THAT!

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just want to see regular season style football for a half. I am concerned that if our "vanilla" vs the opponents "vanilla" isn't good enough, where is the team at..really? I concede that Fisher is playing versus situations, more than trying to win the game in preseason...I want to see dominance. I want to see Andrew Luck getting sacked multiple times. I want to see our young Oline pushing Defenders off the Line, letting whoever at RB get the second level frequently. I WANNA SEE THAT!
Good point in the vanilla vs vanilla. It's not like our opponents are running their regular season complies stuff while we aren't. I want our vanilla to beat theirs. Especially on defense where we are stacked with talent.

lockdnram21

Legend
i want thefirst team line to play whole first half. I want to see Mannion back up Foles this game and get some reps with 1s and 2s. I want

…..

Legend
I want to see Mannion back up Foles this game....

I'm with ya. Crazy ride for Austin Davis these past 12 months. From 3rd stringer to NFL starter in a weeks time. Winning QB against Tampa Bay. To now possibly being the odd man out because Mannion looks good for a rook. Good prescence standing in the pocket. He looks like a quarteback is supposed to look. I'm not sure Davis makes this team.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
If we don't have a successful run game against the Colts we are in for a long season boys

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I agree that the starters play the first half. I would have them also play at least two drives in the 3rd to simulate coming out of halftime with adjustments. The oline should play three quarters. Defense should play the first half. I think we all know what Davis has to offer. Let Mannion show what he has. Let's get some good reps for the starters because they won't play next week and they will start the season with a dogfight against Seattle. I want them to be as ready as possible for week 1.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only reason to play Davis IMO is if they think they could showcase him and maybe get a QB desperate team to throw a late round draft pick their way.

iced

WR/OL/DL/RB would be my guess

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Great point of the vanilla on vanilla. But seriously vanilla does have flavor.
The past three seasons the Fisher's "vanilla" is the real game plan. So until I see it change this year then this is what we are going to get.

Her is how would I handle the game.
Keep the 53 healthy.
Starting Foles. He needs more work. I would also play Mannion because he needs reps. If either starts getting beat up I yank them and put Davis in because he is not making the team I am not getting Keenum hurt.
The starting defense is also going because they are not looking so good, then the others need to start and play.
Other then that would play the RB Brown because he looks like the Rams could trade him, Battle on the OL, Jones at C and LG (hat tip to fearsomefour) because if he is looking like a compete bust at this point.

I want them to play like the last 2 weeks. They should not put anything on tape. This team is more than ready (courtesy of 2 practices with Cowboys) but they are hiding their cards which is OK.
I think you forgot post in blue text.
1. They played like crap the last two weeks.
2. The team is not even close to being ready.
3. They are not hiding anything, see my post above.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They don't have to play to win. They just have to play well. If they play like the first two games, I believe the concerns will be legit. Its not like we came out of the gates fast after the past two subpar preseasons.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
WR/OL/DL/RB would be my guess
Y'but which ones?

I'd like to see a competition between Bradley Marquez and Chris Givens. I don't see us taking 6 receivers into the season.
Then maybe see Watts/Johnson go at it. I think Pead is safe because he's a special teams ACE.