How to stop 94? Easy, HOLD HIM

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Q: When do Quinns sacks come and why do they come in bunches when they do?
A: When the refs actually call holding on the LT. After a couple of holding penalties, LTs are forced to play him straight up. It never goes well from them and Quinn has a big day.

When will refs (if ever) call holding against him again?
It's been happening BLATANTLY since the end of last season. The book is out and every one of Quinns opponents have read it.

Also, Fuck you Roger Goodell. Get out of the way so someone can fix this mess you've made.

Big Game

Living The Dream
OMG i thought me and my Dad was the only one who saw that yesterday. It was horrible when they double teamed Quinn they didn't even try to hide the fact they where holding him. And yet no flags thrown :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OMG i thought me and my Dad was the only one who saw that yesterday. It was horrible when they double teamed Quinn they didn't even try to hide the fact they where holding him. And yet no flags thrown :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I know EXACTLY the play you are talking about...

Irish

Starter
Pass rushers get held on every single play. The great ones break through it and get to the QB anyways, and when they can't, they embellish and get calls.

Quinn is still working on that part of his game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Pass rushers get held on every single play. The great ones break through it and get to the QB anyways, and when they can't, they embellish and get calls.

Sometimes he's too quit for his own good!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I get that, but the game hasn't always been called this way either.
Maybe the great pass rushers get held all of the time, but the refs are still supposed to call it SOME of the time.
Instead, they are not calling it at all.
It's bull$hit.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
A penalty is a penalty. It's not their job to rewrite the rule book every week.

Just enforce the damn rules the way they are written and stop with the game day modifications.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A penalty is a penalty. It's not their job to rewrite the rule book every week.

Just enforce the damn rules the way they are written and stop with the game day modifications.

Exactly. How much harder could they make it on themselves?

And the only reason to call games that way is to maintain control of the contest. That should be the players/coaches role, not the refs. They should worry only about the enforcement of the rules as they are written, imo.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I know EXACTLY the play you are talking about...
YEP! it was probably the same one I paused and rewound over and over. double teamed on both sides being bear hugged while stretching an arm out for McCown.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
One play I thought they body slammed Quinn or Sims. It was pretty bad.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One play I thought they body slammed Quinn or Sims. It was pretty bad.

On Rainey's first big run on the first drive, one of our DLs or LBs got bear-hugged when he tried to fill the gap which allowed Rainey to run right on by. The refs were really bad in that game.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Its up to Fisher to raise hell with the league and the refs. If he isn't going to call them on it during the game then file a complaint if they ignore him during the game then why would the refs care if they miss the holds or just don't call them. Then again maybe the top tier guys aren't supposed to get the calls to keep the QB's from getting hospitalized.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Watching the shortcut replay. No holding here on Brockers and Quinn! OMG!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 201

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I guess that's the plan vs our D-line.
Hold em, refs won't call it.

If the trend continues, I hope we start doing the same. ...

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I'd love to see Fisher call a TO and spend it glaring at the head linesman while Quinn stands next to him. Give the announcers something to talk about and maybe the league office something to think about.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hahah.. This is funny but angers me the same time. Just let me punch one ref in the face, that's all I ask, is that too much?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

The rules are in place for a reason, saying he should just power through something that the league made a point to eradicate is a little unfair. If he can get held by two guys and not get a single call, its gone beyond grin and bare it.