How Many Sacks Will Robert Quinn Have?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I'll go with 94 (Jersey No.) But in reality, I think there will be so much focus to chip him with a back/TE causing his totals to drop off this year, so I will say 16. This will clear the way for the other beasts on the D-Line. I guess teams will have to "Pick their poison!"

SierraRam

Recreational User
but with Williams bringing all kinds of packages it has to open up opportunities for him that he never got last year.

I think this will cost Quinn a few sacks, but add to our overall total. Look for the safeties, Ogletree and Long to benefit from all the attention Mighty Quinn has earned. He said he's going for 27 on the Jim Rome show. I believe we get 60+ as a team and Quinn gets 20. Unstoppable!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'll go with 94 (Jersey No.) But in reality, I think there will be so much focus to chip him with a back/TE causing his totals to drop off this year, so I will say 16. This will clear the way for the other beasts on the D-Line. I guess teams will have to "Pick their poison!"

That's great news, more for the other bash brothers.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I pray to god history doesnt repeat itself in this case

jap

Legend
Since I have always considered Strahan's record to be a joke, I prefer The Mighty One chase after the real record---the unofficial record of 26 sacks in 14 games by The Deacon. 26 sacks in 14 games translates roughly to 30 sacks in 16 games. I say if you want the Deacon Jones award, ya gotta do it the old fashion way---by earning it! He needs 27 sacks to break the record, and 30 sacks to slightly top The Deacon's sack frequency.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Since I have always considered Strahan's record to be a joke, I prefer The Mighty One chase after the real record---the unofficial record of 26 sacks in 14 games by The Deacon. 26 sacks in 14 games translates roughly to 30 sacks in 16 games. I say if you want the Deacon Jones award, ya gotta do it the old fashion way---by earning it! He needs 27 sacks to break the record, and 30 sacks to slightly top The Deacon's sack frequency.
Think he does it?

jap

Legend
Think he does it?

Sorry for the late response. Browser (passably malware) problems. had to bring out all my software utility big guns to get my system back in gear.

It depends. If the Horns can build up early leads, causing teams to throw more to come back, The Mighty Quinn will get more opportunities for sacks. (The amazing thing about last season is the Rams rarely had sufficiently large enough leads to cause teams to throw excessively more, and he still got 19 take downs!!!) With the Rams' receiver growth I am expecting, that may very well happen.

You also have to expect extra attention against Robert, so look for Chris Long and young Aaron Donald to get extra opportunities.

A55VA6

Legend
It's going to be hard to repeat 19 sacks so I was going to say maybe 15 because of how much they'll double team and hold him... but then I remembered last year they double teamed and held him and still got to the QB. I'll say 20.

How awesome would it be if he broke the record? I know it's pretty unlikely, but Quinn is an absolute beast and he can most definitely do it.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'll say 17.5 just because teams will pay more attention and the rest of our team will get a lot of sacks too.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I think it all depends on how many times he manages to tackle the quarterback behind the line of scrimmage.

markstewart67

Rookie
We all saw our star defensive player come into his own last year with a breakout season. He amassed 19 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, was named 1st team all pro and earned a trip to the Pro Bowl.

That being said, i'm wondering what everyone is expecting out of Robert Quinn this year. Do you expect him to match that production, exceed it, or fall short? How many sacks will he have? will he earn a second Pro Bowl appearance?

My guess, Robert Quinn breaks the NFL single season sack record with 23, easily earning him a second consecutive Pro Bowl appearance and solidifying himself as THE best DE in game. The additions of Aaron Donald, and Greg Williams will, IMO create even more opportunities for Quinn and make it nearly impossible for teams focus on him.

nfl_u_rquinn_dj_600.jpg

What say you?
First things first....I dig that you're a Cocaine Cowboy. Second of all.....LOVE the Quinn pic!!! That shit got me all hyped up!! Lastly...I agree with everything you said.
GO RAMS!!!