How Many Sacks Will Robert Quinn Have?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We all saw our star defensive player come into his own last year with a breakout season. He amassed 19 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, was named 1st team all pro and earned a trip to the Pro Bowl.

That being said, i'm wondering what everyone is expecting out of Robert Quinn this year. Do you expect him to match that production, exceed it, or fall short? How many sacks will he have? will he earn a second Pro Bowl appearance?

My guess, Robert Quinn breaks the NFL single season sack record with 23, easily earning him a second consecutive Pro Bowl appearance and solidifying himself as THE best DE in game. The additions of Aaron Donald, and Greg Williams will, IMO create even more opportunities for Quinn and make it nearly impossible for teams focus on him.

nfl_u_rquinn_dj_600.jpg

What say you?

Somewhere between 10 and 28 is my prediction*.

*Based upon a 95% confidence interval for mean sacks per game, assuming sacks per game follows a poisson distribution

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Somewhere between 10 and 28 is my prediction*.

*Based upon a 95% confidence interval for mean sacks per game, assuming sacks per game follows a poisson distribution
Really went out on a limb there huh :LOL:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Really a tough call, considering all the players that WELL be getting Sacks, Long, Langford, Hayes, Donald, Brockers, Sims, Ogletree, etc. etc. and Quinn, But I'd say 23 or more!!:D

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I would not be surprised to see him break the current record. I'll say 24, he should be able to average 1.5 sacks/game. 32 if the O scores early and often.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really a tough call, considering all the players that WELL be getting Sacks, Long, Langford, Hayes, Donald, Brockers, Sims, Ogletree, etc. etc. and Quinn, But I'd say 23 or more!!:D
Agreed. Quinn's biggest obstacle this season could be the race with his teammates to the QB

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suppose I could have gone off what players did after a 19 sack season
Mark Gastineau 22
Clyde Simmons 5
Bruce Smith 1.5

But that's an even wider prediction.
Wow those stats are pretty surprising, im assuming those players suffered injuries?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ill be the negative Nancy and say 14.5 sacks
The fact that guessing 14.5 sacks makes you the negative nancy is a testament to how good this kid actually is.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The fact that guessing 14.5 sacks makes you the negative nancy is a testament to how good this kid actually is.

That is very true lol. I started at 16 then lowered to 15, then 14.5. Thats still a good total. I wanted to go lower but dont see that as a possibilty.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
When I first saw this, 23 immediately came to mind. I'm going with 23.

GO RAMS!!!!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
17 ish. The blitzing and rest of D line cuts into his total. But on film he will get credit for causing another 25.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I think his two biggest variables are Williams and the offense. he easily could've broken the record if we had a decent offense last year. imagine the opportunities if we had been up in more games and the QB had to sling it more. so losing Bradford hurts him. but with Williams bringing all kinds of packages it has to open up opportunities for him that he never got last year.