How Fast Is Your Internet?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

demand

UDFA
Name
asdas
This is my internet speed results
download speed =1.13Mbps and
upload speed =0.87Mbps
I checked my speed at ScanmySpeed.com . How about my speed?? is it good or bad?

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ping 21 ms upload 33.40 mbs download 5.66 mbs it'll do since i'm one of the "little" people.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This is my internet speed results
download speed =1.13Mbps and
upload speed =0.87Mbps
I checked my speed at ScanmySpeed.com . How about my speed?? is it good or bad?

Im not saying it's bad....but if your internet was a football player, it wouldn't even be able to score with Justin King covering it....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Right now I have 15 MBPS download from Time Warner Cable, but I still think they suck. Google Fiber is going online in Austin, 1 GB/s download speeds, and when they get to my neighborhood, I'm gonna drop Time Warner like a used condom.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
At work:
3576552507.png

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
When I was in Kuwait, my internet was so shitty, when it got up to 30kb/s i was excited...

And in Iraq it was even worse.
Funny story about that: When i was there they would send small groups out from time to time to other bases and FOBs(forward operating base), and one of the ones I got sent to was small as hell(could walk from one side to the other in about 5-7 minutes). There was a small plaza with Iraqi owned shops, and the only internet you could get was from one of those.

This was his setup: a long ass ethernet cable going from his shop to the roof and up a pole, and at the top of the pole was a router zip tied to the pole and in a zip lock bag to protect it from the rain and sand. It was a very shitty connection, couldn't even cam with the gf(now my wife), but the worst part was that once or twice a week the internet would go out and the router needed to be reset ,the only problem was that it always happened in the evening, and the guy closed the shop and went home at 5, so we couldnt use the internet till the next day when he got it lol. Fucking sucked ass.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Wired(PS4)
49.1 DL
9.9 UL
10 ping

Wireless(laptop)
30.1 DL
6.5 UL
10 ping

iced

Lol gotta love it..

what verizon says (and I pay for)

upload_2015-7-5_13-45-42.png

speedtest..
upload_2015-7-5_13-46-13.png

iced

When I was in Kuwait, my internet was so crappy, when it got up to 30kb/s i was excited...

And in Iraq it was even worse.
Funny story about that: When i was there they would send small groups out from time to time to other bases and FOBs(forward operating base), and one of the ones I got sent to was small as hell(could walk from one side to the other in about 5-7 minutes). There was a small plaza with Iraqi owned shops, and the only internet you could get was from one of those.

This was his setup: a long ass ethernet cable going from his shop to the roof and up a pole, and at the top of the pole was a router zip tied to the pole and in a zip lock bag to protect it from the rain and sand. It was a very crappy connection, couldn't even cam with the gf(now my wife), but the worst part was that once or twice a week the internet would go out and the router needed to be reset ,the only problem was that it always happened in the evening, and the guy closed the shop and went home at 5, so we couldnt use the internet till the next day when he got it lol. freaking sucked ass.

jesus...in northern afghan, i used to get 1 to 2 Kilobytes a second - a lot of the times 4 or 5 kb if I was lucky...bought one of those signal enhancers - could get it high enough to skype in the right places (which were few) but that was it - and at $100 a month

bluecoconuts

Legend
jesus...in northern afghan, i used to get 1 to 2 Kilobytes a second - a lot of the times 4 or 5 kb if I was lucky...bought one of those signal enhancers - could get it high enough to skype in the right places (which were few) but that was it - and at $100 a month

At least you had internet, I had a sat link that allowed us to relay back images and messages (and only images and messages) back to rear Commodes. We went back to the FOB every two months or so for a day (rest of the time we were at an outpost that had radios and that's it) usually just to restock on cigarettes and tell loved ones we were still pressing on.

Iraq most of the outposts had some limited internet so I could usually send some emails home at least once a week, Afghanistan was like stepping into the fucking stone age, we didn't even have power for a few months.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Last Result:
Download Speed: 60.72 Mbps (7.59 MB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 4.16 Mbps (0.52 MB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 83 ms
Jitter: 7 ms
api.php

7/5/2015, 9:05:11 PM

iced

At least you had internet, I had a sat link that allowed us to relay back images and messages (and only images and messages) back to rear Commodes. We went back to the FOB every two months or so for a day (rest of the time we were at an outpost that had radios and that's it) usually just to restock on cigarettes and tell loved ones we were still pressing on.

Iraq most of the outposts had some limited internet so I could usually send some emails home at least once a week, Afghanistan was like stepping into the freaking stone age, we didn't even have power for a few months.

Lol just makes me appreciate more being an electrician in the seabees

iced

My grandfather told me, Navy gets three hots and a flop, but I just didn't listen.

Hey I didn't want the navy initially either - I wanted Tac-P or Combat Control in the air force; I settled with "what job isn't on a ship?" Thus I found the electrician gig... Never went on a ship - but the beauty of being in construction on deployment is comfortable living, and you have the material to build whatever you want.

Some guys built poker tables (and i'd still keep one of those tables we had on deployment over anything you could order online - that nice, smooth, and well designed.)

The best though is the barter exchange - whether it was individual or as a unit, we always get hooked up with awesome stuff... Hard to put price on a good Steak thats flown in from the US while in Afghan :D