How do you clean hats?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I got a bunch of hats that have dust in the brim, some of the white hats are browning.

Coupled with 90+ heat in Oklahoma and Texas, it's pretty gross for some of my newer hats.So how? I know you can't dunk them in water, and dry cleaning can get expensive AF.

So help much?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I just throw mine in the dish washer , or washing machine

Ballcap-Buddy-Hat-Washer.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Soak them in the sink or a bucket with warm water and Laundry detergent for a day.
After that, your going to need to soak them in clean water to purge any soap left in the hat. You'll have to do this clean water rinse a few times.

I found this was the best way to keep a great fitting hat from shrinking or deforming.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The ball cap buddy

I’ve washed many hats and most came out good
Most of the time I don't even use the ball cap buddy

I just throw them in the way they are , they always dry just fine

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I just use the dishwasher without that "buddy".

Put them on the top rack though. I make sure that the top is pushed up by a tong or 2 of the rack to make sure and keep the proper shape.

Use the soap too.

They come out clean as hell. They usually need to sit out and dry for a while after.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
i have had many instances when someone is rocking bright and shiny Ram gear and I acknowledge it only to be told "I'm not a fan, I just needed a hat, And this was lying around."
That pisses me off
You should never wash your hat
Like all that perspiration from the last season embedded into your cap is essential- especially coming off a successful 2017 campaign- why bleach away that great mojo?
Let that stench roll into 2018 - strong
I ditched my hat of 10 years after Fisher got fired and got a new lid - not cause i wanted a do over but because it fell apart
Then I got a new hat - this one displayed below
So far it is one lucky hat
Will i wash it?
Hell NO
It must repulse everyone - that is the key to a good ball cap - especially your lady
How else does someone know you're not some bandwagon freak

GO RAMS

IMG_4240.JPG

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I haven't had good luck with the dishwasher method. It shrunk a favorite 59/50 Dodgers cap, that I had a lot of wear time in to perfectly shape it. It shrunk the hat, making it unwearable.
A snap back or flex may be fine for the dishwasher though.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I haven't had good luck with the dishwasher method. It shrunk a favorite 59/50 Dodgers cap, that I had a lot of wear time in to perfectly shape it. It shrunk the hat, making it unwearable.
A snap back or flex may be fine for the dishwasher though.

The authentic baseball caps are wool and will shrink

Most snap backs are cotton or blended and don’t shrink so bad.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just scared of putting in the dishwasher, with the heat and strong detergent. I like the Tide and toothbrush method, I'll try that with an old one.

How else does someone know you're not some bandwagon freak

By having a 2003 St. Louis hat? This is the one that's browning.

I also have an awesome Avengers hat that's yellowing where the brim meets the dome.