How can DRich be placed on Jets PS?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

@caplannfl: RB Daryl Richardson signed to #Jets PS.

I would have thought he played in too many games?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Isn't it one full season or more and your ineligible? Regardless, I'm glad he's got a job still.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
@caplannfl: RB Daryl Richardson signed to #Jets PS.

I would have thought he played in too many games?
This is a great question. I thought once you had to have an accrued season you were ineligible, which is 6 games or more right? He was active and contributed pretty much all through 2012. Someone please shed some light on this?

scifiman

This is a great question. I thought once you had to have an accrued season you were ineligible, which is 6 games or more right? He was active and contributed pretty much all through 2012. Someone please shed some light on this?
Practice Squad Eligibility

According to league policy, only certain types of players are allowed to sign to the practice squad. Players cannot have played more than nine regular season games or been on the active roster for an entire year, nor can players be allowed to spend more than two seasons on the same team’s squad unless that team’s active roster never dips below 53 players.

Jorgeh0605

According to league policy, only certain types of players are allowed to sign to the practice squad. Players cannot have played more than nine regular season games or been on the active roster for an entire year, nor can players be allowed to spend more than two seasons on the same team’s squad unless that team’s active roster never dips below 53 players.
He was active all year in 2012. Plus some in 2013.

scifiman

Looking up Richardsons stats shows that he played 16 games in 2012 and 8 games in 2013. Obviously there is some loophole we dont know about.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/8/31/6089505/NFL-practice-squad-eligibility-rules

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, a player must meet one of the following requirements:

• Have no prior accrued seasons of NFL experience. An "accrued season" is one in which they spent six or more games on the active roster.
  • Have one prior accrued season of NFL experience in which the player was on the 45-man active roster (i.e. not inactive on game day) for no more than eight games.
  • Thanks to the new rules this year, a team may sign a maximum of two practice squad players who have earned no more than two accrued seasons of free agency credit.
  • If a player has served two seasons on the practice squad, they are eligible for a third season only if their team has 53 players on their active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.
  • A player has served one season on the practice squad if they are on the practice squad for at least six games (up from three the past few years).
So, that should be just about everything that folks need to understand the basics of the National Football League practice squad. In a little less than three hours, we'll know which ten players will comprise that group for the Minnesota Vikings.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I always thought DRich was a decent COP back. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had Zac Stacy took control of the starters job in training camp that year, and he had not hurt his foot. I think he'd still be on the team and there would be no Mason.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
I always thought DRich was a decent COP back. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had Zac Stacy took control of the starters job in training camp that year, and he had not hurt his foot. I think he'd still be on the team and there would be no Mason.
He just wasn't that good I think. Best of luck to him

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
At this time last year he was a starter.

Now he's a PS player.

Ouch.

Jorgeh0605

Yeah, but he's been a Jet for less than a year.
That doesn't matter. It's accrued seasons not accrued seasons for a specific team. But my question was answered by another poster.